Sup Jow Forums

Sup Jow Forums

My mum bought herself Lenovo Ideapad 330

It is bloated af and fails, in terms of speed, even at basic web browsing. I have tried multiple browsers like bloatfox, brave(unironically), chromium and edge. All of them are slow af.

I have been thinking about three possible solutions:
1. Instaling Ubuntu
The problem is that she is extremely against learning anything new and pretty much against any OS which is not Windows.
2. Downgrading to win 8.1 or 7
3. Trying somehow making win10 less of a bloated shit

>inb4 thread died for this
>inb4 Plebit spacing

Attached: 1461616943573.jpg (2250x3000, 740K)

Other urls found in this thread:

community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803-1809
twitter.com/AnonBabble

install gentoo

clean install windows 7 and ssd.

Try add/remove programs first
And a power shell list of remove apps
Then do a malwarebytes scan
For safe measure run ccleaner

Also try adding a new user profile

Attached: no_gentoo.webm (464x848, 425K)

This is good advice, she'll probably agree to update to windows 10 anyway the moment microsoft serves her a pop-up

What is she on?

I assumed 10, popups aren't really given anymore, maybe in 2021 for win7 at EOL.

>Clean install OS
>HDDs are garbage slow, use SSD
>at the very least 4GB RAM, ideally 8GB for completely unhampered daily use

I found debian ok for my mum. I just need to teach her how to edit videos with openshot, or I think she alone can use it idk

Windows 10 should have reset feature that should basically uninstall everything. Start fresh or something. I have never used it but my understanding is that it should be almost the same as reinstalling Windows. Alternatively use media creation tool and reinstall Windows 10.

Also does the laptop have an ssd? If it doesn't then absolutely get one, Samsung evo ssds for example are insanely cheap right now.

i keep clicking on your gay thread because of your jexebel

>Samsung evo ssds for example are insanely cheap right now
>still more than twice the price of a good 7200RPM WD Black HDD of the same capacity
fucking kikes, I swear

They're also more than twice the speed of a WD Black too.

Do a clean install of Windows 10, but run this as well community.spiceworks.com/scripts/show/4378-windows-10-decrapifier-1803-1809
Also replace HDD with SSD

Fair point, you get what you pay for. But they're still twice the price of a good HDD.

Windows have some notorious ram-hogging process that you can disable. Google ot but I remember the one that harasses you to install skype is one of them.
Other option is to instal zorin or mint mate and use the windows theme, they are problably easier to use that the mess of windows 10

If they were only twice the price I'd be enjoying a 4TB SSD right now for $250

You know what else is faster than spinning rust? $30 SSDs. You know what's actually insanely cheap? $30 SSDs. Unless you need insane amounts of speed, you're an idiot for buying an Evo drive at this point. And even if you need speed, you're still an idiot if you buy a SATA SSD.

>guy leg

does she have a dick?

Install mint with cinnamon, put a big ass Google Chrome icon in the desktop and she'll be fine.

install windows 7 and use waterfox

Probably won't do much of a difference for a new computer. When my family has bought computers in the same price range as OP, which are also laggy from start with win 10, I haven't noticed much difference from doing what you listed. It's a real shame that you have to spend close to 1k for a functional normie computer.

you literally just fresh install and swap for ssd

Install ssd and clean Win 10 install or (K)ubuntu

Wanna see a vid of you installing gentoo on your thinkpad

if you're installing ubuntu, don't go for the standard version with GNOME 'cause it's crap, go for Kubuntu instead

Install Arch + i3

Install Mint and say it's a lightweight theme for Windows 7. She'll never know the difference.

Attached: Bowsette 165.jpg (1435x992, 295K)

Had the same issue with a new 510 about 1yr ago.
Switched out the hdd for an ssd.
Put the hdd in a caddy and swap-out the cd-rom.
Reinstalled W10 and worked perfect, still a decent second laptop;
No W10, but Slackware now.

If you do a clean install of either 8.1 or 10 it'll still be way faster than 7 on low power devices.. I had an old netbook originally came with vista, and then installed 7. Eventually i installed 8 and later 10. The improvement in performance was drastic. 8.1 and 10 are better for low power processors. This takes into account the very base os, with nothing else installed.

If that's ujishima or whatever, no

>programming legs

>still denying the truth
>still trying to conceal his homosexuality
the absolute state of ameritards

i've got an old laptop with an amd a6-5350m and it's fine with win10. no ssd either, 8gb ram, just have to make do with this for a while.

get revocleaner to help deal with uninstalling crap, disable windows antivirus (it seriously eats performance doing anything on my shitty dual core), and get ublock origin for edge browser. edge generally works better on shittier hardware compared to other browsers and actually has addons

cute boy :3

meant revo uninstaller, it's a great program to make sure shit is gone when uninstalled