Be Windows 10 user

>Be Windows 10 user
>Decide to pick an old DVD from my collection
>Put it into my PC
>Gives me a message saying I need a seperate app to play my DVD
>"Kinda weird but eh, shouldn't be-"
>15 FUCKING BUCKS TO PLAY A DVD
What the fuck is this kikery?

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (189x394, 7K)

you know what to do...

Attached: gentoo-g.png (180x180, 16K)

Attached: afadsfs.png (1200x1359, 372K)

GNU/Linux + mpv doesn't have this problem.

>Babby's first media player
Fuck off, MPV and powerDVD are superior in every way

No. VLC is better and you are wrong.

False.

Windows + mpv doesn't have this problem

How do I play DVD's with MPV?

>Put your DVD in your DVD driver
>open in your program of choice
>make retarded thread on Jow Forums pretending as if you only had one choice

>you are not leet enough fucking casual

Use VLC. It can play DVDs no problem.
I had the same thing happen to me. I don't blame OP because Windows has been able to natively play DVDs for well over a decade and any new W10 user isn't going to expect any different from W10.
It's pure extortion on Microsoft's part. They know a lot of older users are just going to blindly purchase that shit not knowing that VLC exists.

My point was nobody is stupid enough to actually do that.

Most older users will just go towards their grandkids or call a local PC shop and be like "how do i play DVD?"

>powerDVD
PowerDVD is boomer software. The only reason you should ever use it is if you get a free version with a bluray drive.

Every fucking thing Microsoft does is extortion for you faggots.
Can't stand your fucking whining anymore.
Kill yourselves asap

>2018
>Using optical media
Based and redpilled

I just type mpv dvd:///

>My point was nobody is stupid enough to actually do that.
MS wouldn't have done it if no one would buy it.
You'll see that the software has reviews and ratings. I think you have to actually install the software to rate it.

>Can't stand your fucking whining anymore.
Then stop making garbage software, pajeet.

>Use VLC. It can play DVDs no problem.
It just keeps loading for me, what do?

Just install K-lite and use MPC-HC

if you just want to help a normie play dvds point them to mpc-be. it may have advanced options but the basic interface won't confuse them like mpv will and it still has pretty good video quality. just file -> open DVD/BluRay

it may be paid-for but at least it's pretty good. i remember old versions being really effecient, and the only way to play dvds acceptably on a midrange cpu in like 1996. back then people were actually buying mpeg-2 accelerator cards because there was no software fast enough (until powerdvd).

Attached: file.png (417x596, 204K)

How come it's always tech illiterates who bitch about Windows?
Even though that OS was made with literal retards like OP in mind

To include DVD playback in Windows, Microsoft has to pay licensing fees to MPEG or the DVD consortium or some group, which increases their cost of selling windows licenses and is ostensibly passed on to the consumer. Especially with the ad-supported model they don't want that getting into their margins. Since DVD playback is no longer a universal feature, only those few users who need it would have to pay for it rather than everyone. $15 is way too much, but charging a little for it makes sense. It costs at least $2 per device, not including upfront and other fees. Multiply that by hundreds of millions of Windows PCs.

European law does not recognize software as patent-able, so the French-based VLC and German Gabest (MPC) don't have to pay shit, but Microsoft is American so they cannot just ship you a free open source DVD player.

>if you just want to help a normie
if they come here they should learn a thing or two for their own sake.

i'm not talking about people who come here. i had to help so many family members play dvds after they "upgraded."

I bet you have nero cd burner installed

Attached: 1532097776494.png (380x349, 70K)

R E B U I L D I N G
F
O
N
T
C
A
C
H
E

Also, this is why they were pushing WMA and WMV so hard in the early to mid 2000s. They pretty much gave up, but if their formats became dominant, they could use them at no cost and even charge others the fee. They would save hundreds of millions of dollars, if not a billion, even if they did not charge others for the use of windows media.

I can feel your virginity from here.

>boot win10
>disable MSE
>look at system a hour later
>MSE enabled itself again
lol

Attached: 1536842202583.png (962x889, 140K)

>he uses his cd/dvd drive

Use VLC or MPC-BE instead, they integrate properly with the OS and add themselves as an option in the autoplay prompt box.

Had a friend come over the other day with several DVD seasons of The Animation Show.

Glad I'm not some retard who thinks that discs are useless because we have USBs that most people don't use.