Nearing the end of 2018

>nearing the end of 2018
>still no 4k Apple laptops

Oof

Attached: 457886-full-view-640x360.jpg (640x360, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/linux.php
randomfactory.com/apogee-lfa.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apogee_Electronics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone who says whatever XPS break-in-a-month shitbook with a 4k Chinese panel has a better screen than the MacBook Pros is delusional.

Who needs 4k when most Anime is in 720p format anyways.

Have my XPS 15 for almost 2 years, still working.

They only introduced 4k apple tv last year. It's probably going to take 2~3 years for other apple products to implement 4k

All high-end displays are manufactured by either Samsung or LG, and that goes for all the displays that Apple uses as well. Apple is not magic or special, they just use a lower quality display in their devices, made by the same manufacturer as the XPS line.

Do you think Apple does not use the same panels like everyone else. Even funnier, they use lower resolution panels from the worse of the both big panel companies LG and Samsung.
Other companies on the other hand use the real deal made by for example samsung, top end perfect 4k displays.

imagine being this dumb

>4k on a tiny ass screen
shiggy

>oof
You have to go back.

>having shitty vision
Pathetic

I have the Huawei Matebook X Pro. It's got a pretty cool 3000x2000 display. It's great for watching 4K videos and for productivity, as more pixels equals more space to put information.
That being said, I find it very overkill for gaming (especially on a poor intergrated graphical card), so I always drop the resolution down to at least 1080 to play games. Also, people with bad vision will litteraly not care.

>nearing the end of 2018

>still no Apple laptops that don't throttle
>still no Apple laptops with a keyboard that doesn't break from a spec of dust
>still no Apple laptops without hueg bezels

that 4k though

Attached: 1539464964236.jpg (603x470, 43K)

a lot of people don't watch fucking anime and do other things(i.e. i don't watch anime)

Apple laptops doesn't have blb.

>He doesn't watch anime.

Attached: 1506374060520.png (722x525, 624K)

>Have my XPS 15 for almost 2 years
How's superfish treating you? :^)

user, I don't even know what the fuck that image is trying to say

Apple doesn’t even do 16:9 you retard

Fucking moron. Apple is why we have 16:9 all over the place in the first place. They killed off 16:10.

What the fuck for? I'd be fine with 1920*1200 and run my Macbook at it. Pushing more pixels murders battery life for no reason.

My only complaint with the current lineup would be the huge bezels, and to a point the whole headphone jack mess, when their phones are sold with lightning headphones and lack of usb c adapter.

>the only company who still uses 16:10 killed off 16:10
Excuse me?

aren't MBPs 16:10

Attached: 1473996814187.png (620x640, 260K)

look at the xr and xs phone resolutions and remember. this is retarded apple we're talking about here.

They clearly struggle to decide between what's reasonable and what would please autists. The resolution is the only thing XR does right. 720p is the perfect sweet spot for a phone, just like 1200p is for 12-13" laptop or 4-5k is for most monitors.

yeah it's definitely not them penny-pinching. meanwhile, i'll take a shit on your head while i look at my xz premium with a 4k screen. fuck you and your npc company.

maybe you should read a book sometime you boy-molester

>yeah it's definitely not them penny-pinching.
Obviously it is, but you can do something right by trying to do something wrong. And 720p is the right resolution until anything higher won't have an impact on the GPU and hence the battery drain.

>Oof
You will immediately cease and not continue to access the site if you are under the age of 18.

>720p is the perfect sweet spot for a phone
Anything less than 300 PPI is shit.

>nearing the end of y2k+18
>still no windows laptops capable of transferring data, powering external monitors and charging simultaneously, all through the same single port.
>"i-its OK tho because I have a 4k display which is way more useful!"
this is just pathetic lmao

Attached: lafin.png (464x464, 253K)

>nearing the end of 2018
>appletoddlers still shit in the street

OOF

Attached: 1516850798293.jpg (643x960, 256K)

? I've got a windows laptop with thunderbolt 3. I mean windows is still the worst OS in human history but tb3 isnt why

The biggest issue with Windows laptops beyond 16:9 joke screens is Windows either way. Until MS fixes it (which is probably impossible because they rely on legacy bloat) even a fucking Air from 2012 is worlds ahead of any new Windows laptop.

>inb4 it cant charge
>but totally worth giving up magsafe

apple patented 16:10 that’s why

unironically worth giving up magsafe for.
magsafe made it impossible and dangerous to use on a bed, and with the new usbc outlay you can literally just plug it in on the other side anyway, thus eliminating the need for magsafe

Why the fuck do you want Apple laptops when ThinkPads exist?

Given how insane Burger patent laws are, I bet attempting to patent an aspect ratio could go successful.

Some people do more than ricing sometimes.

>eliminating need for magsafe
>somebody/something trips laptop cord
>tb3 port destroyed
wew

>XPS has overheating issues
>call Dell
>next day they send out a tech who fixes it at my house
>for free
>works perfectly after

>Apple macbook has overheating issues
>sends out software patch
>still overheats
>end up paying for a chip that only runs at 80% power
>for a 0.5mm reduction in thickness

Do you actually need Apple Laptops for something specific or do you just like the fagOS design or the piece of shit quality laptop they overcharge?

>works perfectly after
Well its windows so it never works perfectly

Wait, aren't they all at least 5K?
Isn't that what "retina" means?

Explain what Windows has to do with temperature.

>>somebody/something trips laptop cord
>>tb3 port destroyed
Except this wouldn't happen now because you could literally just plug it in on the other side to avoid this happening anyway.

>avoid this happening
>switch sides
>somebody walks around other side
>happens anyway
wew

(I'm just b8ing btw just get one of those USBC magsafe replacement things from belkin/targus/whoever...why doesnt apple make one though lol?)

It doesnt, but a windows laptop running at 0 Celsius still has to run the worst OS ever, Windows.

>Implying you have to use Windows
Linux works pretty much perfectly with the 9570 after the latest bios which readded S2 sleep

It makes text much easier to read.
Which is especially important on a tiny screen.

It also allows you to use non-native resolutions without too much quality drop.
Very nice when giving presentations, so you can mirror what's on the projector no matter what the resolution of the projector happens to be.

Yeah now I can enjoy being able to use an OS that works but cant do anything I need it to. Yay

Loonix is irrelevant for people who need actual software.

So if it's running perfectly, and the OS has nothing to do with it, why you bringing up Windows?

t. Adobe Microdick wageslaves

Logic is lovely too.

I often find that people tend to sit really close to outlets, often having the outlet to one side of them. The situation of sitting at a table where all outlets are an equal distance away is exceedingly rare.
But yeah, the magsafe USB c things are cool.

>Apple
>caring about anything that isn't a tablet or phone
They've been trying to kill PCs for years and only pay lip service to their laptop line. Surprised Final Cut Pro still sells the way it does.

Attached: 1423891098749.gif (216x200, 40K)

>oof
You have bigger problems than not having a 4K MBP

based

The touch bar is the only good idea Apple has had in a while, but it shouldn't be patented, because its just another touch screen, and all windows laptops and desktop keyboards should include one as well.

>The situation of sitting at a table where all outlets are an equal distance away is exceedingly rare.

Attached: endearing-round-conference-table-for-8-with-best-25-round-conference-table-ideas-on-home-decor-round (640x480, 34K)

>all windows laptops and desktop keyboards should include one as well.

Hell no.

As a programmer I actually use my F-keys all the time.
Don't want them replaced by some touch cancer just because people can't remember what their media keys do.

Most people don't even bother plugging in during conferences or study sessions because they don't take so long and they keep their batteries topped off for these types of occasions anyway. Especially with all those papers taking up space, people tend to avoid cables.

>Adobe
kek try VSTs and UAD buddy. Can linux run hardly any of the industry standard synths or samplers yet? Can linux run a real mans audio interface like the ones by Apogee, Antelope, RME, UAD? Give me a call when it can.

You could have both. Maybe you could put a touchbar where the G-keys go

>As a programmer I actually use my F-keys all the time.
They're still there. You can just hold Fn to get to them, and the touch bar shows Function keys. This isn't any different from how other laptops function, you still need to hold the Fn key anyway. You can also go into the settings and have the function keys permanently displaying on the touch bar.
>Don't want them replaced by some touch cancer just because people can't remember what their media keys do.
It's not that they don't remember what they do, it's just that the bar makes small, common tasks just a tiny bit faster. (e.g. no more taptaptapping or holding to adjust volume, instead you just grab and drag, all in one motion. much faster and more accurate this way. same applies to brightness.)

You'd be surprised, the touch bar is actually pretty great and having virtual keys isn't the end of the world. Muscle memory kicks in after some time and it becomes easy to touch the virtual keys without even looking at them, and even know when you missed without looking, just like with real keys.
There is literally nothing wrong with the Touch Bar.

Apogee and RME have linux drivers
rme-audio.de/en/downloads/driver/linux.php
randomfactory.com/apogee-lfa.html

>nearing the end of 2018
>windows still has shit scaling
>windows still has shit font rendering
b-but at least 4k amirite

Better than Apple and Linux by a far margin

I’m not big into audio or video since I just write software so maybe this is a bad question. But I thought Apple had retina and isn’t that supposed to be as good as 4K? I remember them shilling that it was 4*something back in the day.

Not really. And while one can accept that they struggle with scaling, which is really tricky to pull off; there is no excuse for their front rendering being even worse than freetard shit.

Not really, and it's really sad because Apple is supposedly a designer brand. Linux can be excused since it's run by social justice politics.

My MacBook from 2006 still works. Try harder.

>Buy £300 iPad
>It won't play webms

Yeah, Apple products are fucking shit

>macshit
>working 1 day past warranty
good joke

The saddest thing is that even edge can play vp8 and vp9 now.

Can we see a photo of it? Not even challenging you, I'm just genuinely curious to see how a MacBook from 2006 is holding up nowadays.

I think you're mistaken, Lenovo makes the ThinkPad range.

I meant I want F/media-keys to remain physical.
Touch keys are very hard to operate....by touch, ironically.

I would be fine with having both physical and an extra row of touch buttons as suggested, but capitalism being capitalism I just know they will end up cutting costs by removing as many physical keys as possible.

>ThinkPad range.
Which didn't have that either, only cheap consumer ranges.

>snapdragon 845 cellphones with 4000mah batteries and 6.5" displays getting 7 hrs SOT

Why can't laptops do this with a double sized display and battery??

>cutting costs by adding an OLED display that makes the device objectively more expensive to manufacture
sure. they added the touch screen just because they're evil and they hate you

Attached: really.png (372x334, 217K)

Huh? Macbooks had 8+hof normal use since 3 years, and current ones are hitting 9-10h.

Windows font rendering is superior on lower resolution screens (up to about QHD).
Even Steve Jobs admitted that.

Apple always had the philosophy that *one day* they will have super high resolution screens and font rendering should encourage that (by being abysmal in the meantime) instead of working around the problem.

Disproportionately more powerful internals to largely but not ridiculously more capable batteries.

Maybe it was during the time when he was alive but even back on whatever it was before Sierra MacOS was already superior on any screen, and for Loonix you could download the stuff.

When you're plugging in at the mixing desk in studios you end up running wires all over the place and studios tend to have lots of people coming and going

>apogee instruments CCD cameras
>apogee instruments
>CCD cameras
Wrong Apogee frend. en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apogee_Electronics

Apogee Electronics not Instruments

I'll give you nice find on the RME glad to see they're doing linux now, but I dont own them though. Also is there thunderbolt support for my UAD (honest question)? If linux supports thunderbolt that'd be the first step to people like UAD releasing for it

The marketing department will tell them to add an OLED row because "that's what Apple has and clearly people buy Thinkpads because they want an iAir".

It's only THEN that the accountants say "OK you can have that expensive OLED, marketing department, but let's then compensate the high costs by removing keys and ports, and overall lowering build quality" - it's a compromise.

>superior on any screen
That sounds like an opinion.

Linux has full support for Thunderbolt through bolt. It's arguably better than the Windows implementation of Thunderbolt because it has kernel level permissions as opposed to a hacky driver implementation.

Well, I bet someone less lazy could make screens or find an article. You have to be the first person who talks about Windows font rendering in a positive light, mate.

They added the touch bar because their long term engineering division has made it clear to them the only way to get the laptop any thinner is to go to a touchscreen keyboard and they're trying to soften people up for that

fpbp

>webm
what kind of turbo loser cares about fucking webm

>4k
>laptop

found your problem. Unless you're one of those gamer nigger with a 21 inch laptop

Sounds good, hopefully adoption will increase for my needs to be useable one day. As I said earlier, windows is such an abortion of an OS, its beyond the pale, I cant even look at and not cringe when I see the windows 10 shell laid over the old windows setting system. And dont even get me started on the add remove programs list. A bunch of microsoft distributables that plugins require to work are NOT FUCKING PROGRAMS and should not be organized as such

Come on, be more positive. Microsoft is nice enough to install Minecraft and Candycrush for you!

>You have to be the first person who talks about Windows font rendering in a positive light, mate.

Maybe because I'm one of the few people who understand it.
It's a trade-off, not "HURRRRR DERP brand X is the AWESOME!!! brand Y is shit LOLOLOLOLOL"

I also understand that you need to calibrate it to make it work on your screen (something that isn't a problem with Apple)
People hate it because they are too dumb to follow a simple wizard and get the sub-pixel order correct.

They've already had the A12 and A11 Bionic outperform Intel desktop CPU's

webms are the bees knees, user

Attached: 1535929923772.webm (640x360, 2.87M)