Microwave ovens

My girlfriend keeps nagging about the dangers of microwaved food. From what i know and from what i found on the internet it seems to be bullshit but there are some articles there throwing references and specialty language that i don't understand and that argue against microwaved food. Is there any worth to it or it's just pseudoscience?

Attached: 300_AP-MO-49_1.jpg (300x300, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1687850717300481
medicaldaily.com/microwaves-are-bad-you-5-reasons-why-microwave-oven-cooking-harming-your-health-250145
twitter.com/AnonBabble

nothing bad about it, it's just the processed crap that generally is microwaved that can be bad for you. you can lead the perfect life as far as exercising and eating right is concerned and still get cancer at 35 and die anyhow. life is a crap shoot.

nah she’s being retarded

Just don't microwave food in plastic containers

>My girlfriend
Get the fuck out fucking normalfag.

this is one such article: sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1687850717300481

>girlfriend
found the problem

She's retarded, the technology itself is perfectly fine.

The food designed to be just microwaved is shit generally though.

And I wouldn't advise to microwave meat or alive things.

>Get the fuck out fucking normalfag.
I know right, fucking normies with their girlfriends.
Thank God I found a good wife.

i know she is being retarded. but a man has needs. also i try to be as objective as possible and try to actually find if there is any worth to the claim.

maybe she don't know about microwave time ?

what is your manly need ? to use the microwave?

Microwaves use frequencies similar to wifi or cellphones. Tell your girlfriend she shouldn't use either of those if she's worried.

Tell her to stay away from computers with 1GHz or greater CPU too. It could be deadly.

>dangers of microwaved food
Complete and utter bullshit. The only danger is if you nuke water to over boiling and then it explodes on you when you touch it. You should still reduce microwave use though, because most microwave food is bland and unappetizing.

Microwave just heats the liquid/water molecules, if you buy the acrylamides meme it's one of the safest type of cooking next to poaching as long as you cook evenly and don't superheat one area (if some parts have zero moisture the other parts will cook twice as fast as you might expect, cheese on dry bread for example)

Attached: Frequency-and-wavelength-of-microwaves-compared-with-that-of-visible-light-UV-lights-and.png.jpg (582x312, 51K)

>alive things

Hm, is that why my microwave toast always comes out half soggy and half cold?

You're dating a moron. Sorry user.

Electrical engineer here, op. Your girlfriend's a retard. Microwaves excite water molecules, and thus is not dangerous. It is a fundamental force for heating, and not the same as gamma radiation. Heating plastic may leach into the water, but that's about it

Attached: 1534906405999.gif (683x614, 441K)

well mate i was ugly, fat and a desperate virgin (hookers don't count) when we started dating so it might be the best i can do. (even if now i am fit, still ugly)

Thats a big part and some microwaves have "hot spots" and require manual rotation even with a turntable, (depending on the design some will cook food at the center or some at the outside), I haven't tried a flatbed inverter but they claim to solve that problem.

If you need "microwave quick" food with some texture defrost in the microwave and throw it in a toaster oven for the last 30-40% of the time for flavour and crispiness, the Panasonic FlashXpress is a good unit but it's only sold in North America and Japan (120v) which fucking sucks.

Attached: nbg110p.jpg (1150x1150, 261K)

i knew something similar since i was in 10 th grade but i try to not be arrogant and give the benefit of the doubt to all ideas no matter how ridiculous they may sound (almost), i only know science from documentaries. not exactly a rocket scientist. I am slightly smarter than the people around me. just enough to make me miserable but because of that there is the trap of actually falling for my bullish and think i actually know stuff.

just use it whenever she's not around and tell her how bad you think they are too when she's around.

1) "microwaved" food is safe.
2) "Microwave meal" containers should not be reused, but the food is not going to hurt you beyond the normal ramifications of a probably shitty diet
3) If it is not a microwave safe plastic, don't use it in the microwave.

Pretty simple.

fuck that. i am not standing for this shit. i try to show here she is being unreasonable when she pulls stuff from her ass. hopefully she ll learn to think better. plus i already have a microwave. i want here to buy one for her place.

Didn't mean to quote that post.

posts tits or gtfo faggot

Attached: 1509523379781.gif (278x227, 550K)

Just agree with everything she says and keep using the microwave anyway.

Read the abstract & conclusion. This article more or less says that reheated food is somewhat less healthy, because vitamins don't survive

sorry aishiterusawako san. not going to indulge ignorance. just making sure i am not the ignorant one.

Her ignorance isn't the problem.
She is intentionally trying to get a rise out of you and you are letting her because you are easily manipulated.

It doesn't fucking matter if she thinks microwaves are bad, so why argue about it at all? The best way to show her that her opinion is fucking stupid is to ignore it, arguing does the opposite.

i did read it. i got the part it that destroys some vitamins, just it seemed to me they made it sound worse. just wanted to make sure i didn't miss some stuff. also from what i know some vitamins are lost through normal cooking as well.

The only thing dangerous about using a microwave to cook food is that it might not cook evenly and bacteria that could make you ill survive.

get a rise out of me? she makes three times the money i do. we each pay for our shit. split everything in half. or you are not referring to money?

the danger of microwave food is it tastes like shit, that's all there is to it

Get a rise out of you is colloquial English for intentionally upsetting you.

She is right, you can find multiple sources online but the mainstream media will deny it because the microwave industry is very powerful.
medicaldaily.com/microwaves-are-bad-you-5-reasons-why-microwave-oven-cooking-harming-your-health-250145

As I understand it water molecules are not evenly charged, one hydrogen atom is more positive and the other is more negative. When a microwave is fired at the food the constant positive to negative wave causes the water molecules to move around, causing friction and heating up.

>My girlfriend

Your girlfriend is a brainlet NPC that belongs on /x/

I would expect since you are reaching higher temperatures when cooking longer

tell your gf to get a pana flatbed inverter microwave so she can control the power output / temperature directly, cooking will take longer but her vitamins will survive and there is less chance of acrylamide formation compared with other cooking methods

well i did take into account this possibility and that is why i asked, but it seems highly unlikely as the things written against microwave are pseudoscience bullshit (like TTAC). or at least those that i found were... still, you will be burned at the stake for saying that here by the community.

Nah don't tell her about acrylamides or she won't eat any baked or fried or toasted foods ever again and die of raw food bacterial contamination

how fat are you?

I am a fat fuck. I'm so fat I eat microwave ovens. Imagine being so fat you look at microwave ovens and see food.

Op here. Not fat anymore. 172 cm. 68 kg. Going to the gym. I have been running for 3 years. I am quite fit.

Does she have a cell phone?

Attached: 1539018939067.png (614x614, 31K)

there's no point in arguing with girls over supernatural bullshit / pseudoscience
Like lunatics, you wont convince them and all you get is dispute and pain

I basically eat only microwaved food because I hate cooking.

Microwaving food is perfectly safe. Microwave radiation is just another part of the electro-magnetic spectrum, sitting somewhere between radio waves and visible light. I fact, you are bombarded daily with microwaves from television satellites, police speed radar guns, and the cosmic microwaves from the big bang. They can only cook your food because the invention of the cavity magnetron provides an efficient way for that particular part of the spectrum to heat things. If they had found a way to do it with visible light or radio waves, your girlfriend would be paranoid about radios and lights.