/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 260216 chikaoka_sunao dress headphones shimada_mayu summer_dress wake_up_girls!.jpg (4089x5950, 2.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-modi-3-dac.4742/page-2#post-104838
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-wesiontek-khadas-tone-board-dac.4823/
youtube.com/watch?v=dmWIlyO5tfQ
my.mixtape.moe/hraanu.flac
my.mixtape.moe/sldvlv.mp3
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>NFB stands for no-feedback. they will all measure like shit, user.

alright then why would people measure it knowing it's a dumb idea to measure? i don't get it for fuck sake, are they measuring something that can be seen despite it being non-feedback that makes it shit and stand out?

i might email gd asking for a video of them working on the products.. i cant picture anyone soldering such boards, because they seem sophisticated, and have like 200 things that need to be soldered very cleanly on certain amps / dacs.

i posted it in the dead thread, so here it goes again.

Copy pasting from last thread.

This user recommended JBL Reflect Minis.

Friend an I are looking into getting earphones for exercise. Preferably ~50 or so, IEMs. Sound quality doesn't have to be great. The main thing is just how well they stay in your ears.

>wake up, girls!
can't, must buy more schiit products.

Attached: ade.png (680x568, 111K)

jbl reflect minis are good ^.^
yes i am same user

I want to lick her legs

Attached: 99721476.jpg (500x500, 70K)

Okay but what headphones are the comfiest

Thoughts on HE400i soundstage?

big enough, vocals feel a bit too distant though

are diminishing returns of IEMs/earphones similar to those of headphones? with the andro and a few others it seems like they've made good progress the past few years. i've been looking for headphone-like sound in a portable and efficient package, but felt like spending big bucks on earphones would always be more unrewarding than headphones.

This is your reminder that the Modi 3's output is superior to that of the Topping D30 that /hpg/ has been circlejerking over: audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-schiit-modi-3-dac.4742/page-2#post-104838

Attached: IMG_7281.jpg (901x583, 45K)

>headphone-like sound
what do you mean?

Great! don't buy schiit because they are a scummy company. You shouldn't be buying dacs unless you have power supply issues as well.

both are outperformed by this one
audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-wesiontek-khadas-tone-board-dac.4823/
which is comparable to the D50

>Budget: $200
>Location: NA
>Source: PC, Smartphone
>Type of headphone: Over-ear, noise cancelling
>Open or closed: Either
>Comfort level: Comfy
>Sound signature: Bass boosted or neutral
>Past headphones: Sony MDRZX110NC/B

I'm an audio noob, but I usually tend to dl music in the highest quality available to me, figured I should probably start appreciating it a little more with some better headphones. Thank you.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Asobi Asobase - 07 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_05.04_[2018.08.20_23.08.28].png (1920x1080, 1.93M)

what's your most embarrassing headphone-related experience?

Attached: Audio_G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

From all of this, we can see that the JBL 4367 Studio Monitor is a very well and carefully thought out speaker system. Quite a bit of thought has been applied to every component of the model, whether you consider the bi-amp/bi-wire-capable terminal cup, the highly braced and solid cabinet, the high quality advanced crossover network, the cutting-edge-technology woofer and compression driver, or the patent-pending horn design.
This level of quality is seen directly in the power compression curve. Power compression is the phenomenon of a speaker system not playing as loudly as one would calculate from the applied power. It translates to a frequency response that varies with level. One can see from the power compression curve that the 4367 is exemplary in this regard, with frequency response staying the same at levels up to 110 dB at 2 meters.

As we can see, capable of tremendous acoustic output, the design intent of the JBL 4367 Studio Monitor is to be completely linear in every way up to their maximum level. Within this operating range there are no appreciable changes in any measured parameter of the system. This enables the system to sound the same regardless of playback level.
Further, the distortion is very low, as the 2216Nd- 1 woofer and D2430K compression driver are both designed to be absolute minimum distortion drive units. This trait translates directly into a very low distortion system.

From these system measurements, it can be seen that the design target for the JBL 4367 Studio Monitor was achieved: producing a high output, low distortion speaker system with very little power compression. The 4367 is de nitely a model that is engineered to deliver accurate sound and show with their performance why they are the top of the line of the Studio Monitorr series.

Attached: IMG_3984.jpg (2128x1416, 679K)

The JBL 4367 Studio Monitor is a two-way front-ported single cabinet design with the crossover set at 700Hz. The styling is classic JBL: a massive single cabinet with a large, front facing 15-inch woofer set below a waveguide horn. True to its M2 lineage, the 15-inch Differential Drive® woofer is taken nearly unchanged from the M2 Master Reference Monitor with only an update to soften the surround and lower the resonance to enhance its performance with the 4367 cabinet. This particular woofer (JBL Model 2216Nd-1) features a specially treated pure pulp (paper) cone set in a cast frame. It uses dual 3” voice coils, with dual gaps, mated with a neodymium magnet system to help reduce distortion and overall mass while increasing efficiency.

Attached: IMG_3983.jpg (750x563, 280K)

Attached: 1536751102375.png (636x773, 8K)

so why not just monoblock srm-252s?

Attached: eb3.jpg (680x568, 25K)

HD4.50

is there a guide like this for IEMs

Attached: 1537160226028.png (1536x2800, 1.58M)

Is TH-900 good?

Attached: 019F0E11-049C-4AD9-B7A2-EF97CCD701F7.jpg (1107x663, 125K)

Anyonw got one of these? They any good? Why the fuck cant i find them anywhere in stock in store. Wanna see them in person for myself

Attached: 2933576-a.jpg (350x350, 18K)

you're kind of late on that train buddy. they were $200-250 kickstarter but $399 now

Just get the 353 which is the 252 except run at full power.

>tfw had my HD650 for like 4-5 years
>used almost every single day, used to game 10-12 hours on them daily even in the 40c summer heat

never washed the ear-pads once, they are very worn down. How often do you guys wash them?

yeah but which is more powerful, two 252s or one 353?

Attached: F9114DB7-1CAB-4F94-9BAA-26FB37631557.jpg (1127x1322, 556K)

Money isnt really an issue. I just decided to wait until they where out for average user reviews

Has Marv ever explained why R2R/multibit is better at plankton than DS dacs?

Hello looking for suggestions.
>Budget
$1500 (so probably max of $1200 American if that helps)
If there's a all around agreement for something over that price by 2-300 I'll definitely note it
>Location
Australia
>Source
PC>Jotunheim (balanced DAC+AMP combo)
>Type of headphone
Over-ear
>Open or closed
Open
>Comfort level
Able to have on for several hours a few times a week.
>Sound signature
neutral
>Past headphones
T-90's

Attached: T90-mirror-715441.jpg (1024x1153, 205K)

L700 + SRM-252

>L700
$2,499.00
Australian, not including the $600 for the SRM.
I don't think I could justify that to myself.

modded L300 then

>He thinks you need an amp/dac

my 990s are plugged right into my pc, perfect sound and it goes deafening loud.

lol do you even know what electrostats are?

Definite option!
AU $1,199.00 for SR-L300 Earspeakers + SRM-252S Amplifier

Honestly my biggest concern with STAX is how cheap/shit they look for comfort and durability, I've never dropped my T-90's or anything however I'd be more confident in accidents happening to them than a STAX

353 and L300, with seal.

youtube.com/watch?v=dmWIlyO5tfQ

only the L300 pads are shit but you can buy the L700 leather pads or you can mod them with other pads

was just thinking the same

Now do the same with electrostats, faggotron

And why Schiit is better at plankton than the most other manufacturers?

RME ADI-2 DAC or Gungnir Multibit and Magni 3? First has more features, but latter supposedly sounds more organic.

>First has more features, but latter supposedly sounds more organic.
how did you even end up here on /hpg/? where did you come from?

One is the best measuring consumer DAC that has every feature you could ever dream of combined with a nice amp, one is full of audiophool nonsense that makes SBAFfers erect and costs more.

Who /electric wizard/ here?
my.mixtape.moe/hraanu.flac

Alternatively, who /acoustic wizard/ here?
my.mixtape.moe/sldvlv.mp3

Attached: 1494759029463.jpg (1020x759, 148K)

can anyone recommend some tips for the gym that don't shit on IEM sound quality?

How do you measure plankton?

that would require actual scientific knowledge, user, shills don't have that
RME, don't fall for memes

are there any good bluetooth ear buds?

Why do you call him a Schiit shill when he clearly likes other products too?

Attached: AFD8948B-FF0B-48EE-9BC3-B0145147E28C.png (1271x781, 51K)

If you really want to spend so much on a dacamp, RME ADI-2 is a no-brainer. For my life I can’t understand why people buy super expensive dacs that are only dacs like Yggdrasil, when RME does so much stuff for cheaper. It’s still expensive, but at least you get functionality that no-one else provides.

Attached: Fluorometer.jpg (1305x638, 89K)

optic or usb?

I need confirmation. Does superlux 668b pads work on oneodio? Got them coming in tomorrow and not sure if I need to buy new pads or not.

>buy schiit stack
>feel like its not powering my hd650s properly

great

I wonder where you'd place a Jotunheim with a balanced DAC on that chart.

Better buy a balanced cable and Raggy next

hd58X or X2's for gayman and music lads

hd 650

Attached: 1405138963540.jpg (645x773, 80K)

Seriously, i love them for gaming. Pinpoint sounds so fucking precise i often get accused for cheats ion CSgo at lvl 8 in faceit.

Attached: 72ab6dfe379df67573ca8dacd958ebdf.jpg (500x438, 22K)

RME has digital nasties and less plankton

Senns have more plankton

GUTB pls stop falseflagging

what's a good headphone for someone with a long head? every single headphone i've had, from superlux to beyer dt770 has slight cracks at the headrest because it's slightly too small to fit my head.

This is my HD600, which I bought on April 28th 2017. It served me very well till I bought the Presonus Eris E5 some months ago. I haven't used the HD600 since then, because I use my AKG K702 for gaming. My question is simple: how much do you think I could sell them for? As you can see, my pair of headphones is in good conditions.

Attached: IMG_20181015_1442100.jpg (4056x2704, 2.9M)

Hey guys, what do you think about these? Pioneer SE-M531 There is a very good discount on them right now

who the fuck thought "granite kitchen countertop" was a good fucking design choice?

At least it looks somewhat better IRL than in photos, but yeah, it’s quite kitschy. HD650 is made in much better taste on that regard.

Plus it's all fking plastic. It's a good headphone, but why fucking plastic for that price?? The fucking nerves.

answer my question please

Who is GUTB?

I believe you, it's just I was looking for advice between the two, the 600's sound amazing but after half a decade with my SHP9500s I'm thirsty for some bass

we get it the fucking plankton meme

I've decided on the X2's

Sennheiser seems like it'll make my ears cum but at the same time the X2's NIGGERBASS and thicc soundstage sounds amazing for gayman

If I played more CS than I do I'd definitely grab the 6xx/58x, but I don't really play competitive games too often and when I do I'm usually screaming over the mic anyway

That and the X2's are probably going to die out due to philips getting PLANK'D, but I'll be able to grab new sennheisers fifty years from now

You're welcome for the fucking blog post btw

Is GUTB still mad at Marv and the rest of SBAF? Doesn’t he ever give up?

>Budget
50 freedom bucks
>Location
Europe
>Source
smartphone
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
Don't care.
>Sound signature
Neutral or warm.

and the lamp makes the sound brighter

>MFW I can't tell whether I've damaged my DAC/HD 6XX's or my hearing
What do lads?

Attached: b5d.png (601x353, 366K)

own them, good for competitive games, not worth $400 by any means

grabbing this today

Attached: FbRA4DZ.png (3220x1185, 269K)

What exactly have you done?

Ok rich, beginner here. I want to buy good high-end headphones and dac-amp to go with it.

I've been looking for nice headphones these three seem to gather lot of love:
>Audeze LCD2 Classic
>Fostex TH-900
>Sennheiser HD800s

At the moment I'm leaning to LCD2C, because they look so fucking beautiful. Does anyone have experience with any of those headphones or just general opinion. Please share it if you have. If you know some other good headphone on the same price range please share it also.

Also I think I need some dac/amp thing. I'd rather buy one single unit that can handle both, than 2 separate things. Quickly looking in internet I heard lot of praises on this: Questyle CMA400i .

Attached: patchouli.jpg (1200x1600, 1.03M)

stax

For my headphones/DAC had retards spazzing out at very high volumes and with my own hearing I work in a club and despite my best efforts to protect my ears my tinnitus is steadily getting worse, the reason I think it's the headphones though is vocals are suddenly sounding less clear and "Muddy" in a sense I don't quite know how to describe it and it's bothering me as I'm at the point where I honestly ask if it is my ears or my headphones.

>LCD2C is laid back and warm, with an easy and relaxing sound that still doesn’t sound muddy. Bass extends very deep if a song demands it, but it’s not boosted.
>Fostex is V-shaped in its frequency response, so expect a lot of bass (probably one of the best headphones for it) and a bright treble. It’s still not retardedly V-shaped, but it’s obvious that it’s not what you would consider neutral. Surprisingly open sounding for closed cans too.
>HD800S has the largest soundstage and best details of them all, but it may sound a bit too ”analytical” to some. It’s also a rather bright and trebly headphone, very different from the cheaper Sennheisers people usually have.
All of them are also really comfortable, even LCD2C despite being so heavy.

DESU it’s really hard to recommend one, because they all are very good yet also very different. You really need to find a place to test at least some of them, if you want an idea about what you like.

HD800S is the plankton king.

What are some not-retarded sounding IEMs that are really good at blocking noise from outside? I switched to a nocturnal cycle recently and can't sleep with all the noise from outside.

Attached: 1473516620541.png (500x500, 235K)

>using HD800 with a good multibit DAC

Attached: 7EC89735-5130-4066-ABEE-692C31EA0755.jpg (640x480, 268K)

>order status: pending

Attached: 1509337071410.png (159x244, 51K)

i fucking love you

Attached: basking-sharkfactsshutterstock_524750362.jpg (1000x667, 68K)

dont forget the tubes

T2... yay or nay? Is there a better deal on IEMs with a detachable cord?

Attached: 1512537446048.jpg (955x637, 39K)

yay

guys just ordered my new headphone amp ^.^

Attached: ligma1.jpg (1002x1012, 140K)

Depends. Do you like bass? They are extremely v shaped.

Thanks to the anons who recced the ER4s a few hundred threads ago. They're great.
Also fuck Massdrop. Delays after delays

THANK YOU
i hate assdrop ;-;

>Budget
around 100€
>Location
Europe
>Source
Phone
>Type of headphone
IEM

I need noise canceling and Bluetooth