When was the last time you washed your motherboard Jow Forums?

when was the last time you washed your motherboard Jow Forums?

Attached: mpv-shot0005.jpg (3840x2160, 977K)

I wash it with bleach everyday plus put it in the microwave to remove all the nasties

Yesterday, I put it into the dryer afterwards because normally I would let it only sun dry but it's kinda cloudy outside.

Wait, you have to use a dryer? I usually let the rain clean out my motherboard and get it after it drys up

NO it create catsup gas!

No, you don't have to. Some models support fast drying via a dryer.

>washing
>THIS is the state of Jow Forums
You get a small gauze with peroxide and gently wash all the main components' sockets.
Then you get a qtip with iodine (I use betadine) and scrub everything again. Those silvery lines on the mobo are the most important part.
THEN you wash your mobo by hand. None of that dishwasher zoomer shit. Let it sundry and youll have way more RAM and crisper images.

I've done this a couple times with really dirty systems. It'll be fine, just let it dry for a week.

I scrubbed mine down last week. I have a tub in my patio, because my mobile was made in Asia, and I don't want that anywhere near my dishwasher.

>Not washing it in distilled water.

>Not washing it under tap water

>Not taking a bath with it

There was never a need for it cause I don't use Vaseline on my mobos.

And that's where your opinion becomes invalid.

Not taking a bath in alcohol with you motherboard

Ackushally I really wash the PSU with tap water when it's full of shit.
Just discharge the caps first and put under the tap. It works great after doing this for 3 times. Kek

I'll wash your mother...board

good thread

Only if I get to wash your daughter... board

I hate fucking hipsters like you.
bio water niggermonkey

Only if I can wash you... board.

Can someone explain why motherboards need to be washed? I mean, sure, you wash it when you first open it to get off all the factory dirt but why would I wash it after?

I washed one z170 mobo which was dirty as shit under tap water. Bought it for 10€ and got it working fine.

I ALMOST fell.

I strap mine to the top of my car and run it through the car wash and then go for a nice drive to let the air dry it out.

>putting in a dishwasher instead of giving it a nice bath

Attached: IMG_20180708_232858-01.jpg (2000x1496, 746K)

>not giving it a gentle scrub massage with a brush to active the electrin flow

Attached: IMG_20180708_233108-01.jpg (1496x2000, 818K)

This is kinda hot

>not turning on mexican soap in tv for ir, while it drives
derb8er is a hack, and his treatment of hardware is deplorable, not that I expected any better from a goddamn german

Attached: IMG_20180708_233624-01.jpg (1496x2000, 1007K)

D A T E
R A P E

Soaked mine in distilled water then in a humid room, I blasted dry it with air duster two weeks ago.

I never wash my beloved motherboard! It would get very angry angry at me if I did, pic related. When it gets smelly I simply use Febreze™. It just werks.

Attached: motherboard.jpg (300x250, 25K)

I spray some WD-40 on it to get the dirt loose, then I take it out back and hose it down. I use an air compressor to dry it off as much as possible, afterwards a good 5 minutes at 300°C in a preheated oven and letting it cool down for 10 minutes and it's good as new.

In his case, he was removing the vaseline he used on it.

>Year of our lord 2018
>Using vaseline instead of rubbing the surface with candle wax

Never. I believe in natural, holistic dirt.

But seriously is there any way to clean a motherboard? Surely there must be a safe cleaner for all the parts that dries on use.

Formaldehyde.

blast it with piss

>when was the last time you washed your motherboard Jow Forums?
I need tp

Attached: Beavis-1.png (534x1000, 129K)

Use alcohol. Pic related

Attached: WINE.jpg (179x281, 4K)

Your shitpost will kill somebody

>tfw hald the people in this thread don't know you can safely put a mobo in the dishwasher and dry it out well afterwards. wew

>All the people
This is me

>But seriously is there any way to clean a motherboard?
It is serious, though. It's perfectly safe to run it on the dishwasher.

Never since I swapped canned air for endust.

Attached: 1512585483596.jpg (512x512, 29K)

DON'T DO THIS IT WILL DESTROY YOUR MAIN BOARD!!!

This, just make sure it is dry and no deposits are left behind.

you would need some sort of aprotic solvent that also wouldn't dissolve any of the plastics used.

vegetable oil

>not washing your motherboard every day
You all are truly disgusting. I just take it in the shower with me to save time.

You can wash it just don't put washing up liquid in the dishwasher

I unironically vacuumed my server out the other day
>tfw no esd damage

Attached: soyboy16.jpg (631x482, 37K)

>tfw mineral oil setup and never have to clean my parts

Attached: 1526676846438.png (451x612, 247K)

>mineral oil
>never have to clean things

lmao excellent bait you're fooling no one

Attached: deep fryin pc.jpg (2048x1536, 481K)

unbased and nonpilled

You guys are serious? I thought this thread was a joke.

back to plebbit plz

Well you can really wash the circuits in electronics if you used a pure water. But in that image I just hoping that it don't corrode with rust.

Ever heard of dihydrogen monoxide? It works great, just be careful not to breathe too much of it, it can very easily cause suffocation.

>it can very easily cause suffocation
Thanks for the advice.

It also accelerates corrosion, so make sure to get it all off when you're done.

I won't need to worry about that.

>Not working for Rockwell-Collins on an SMT line and having access to a full automated PCB washing station

The only thing I miss about that place, I could do all my repairs off company time at my rework station and run my repairs through their boardwash. I fixed my GTX285 in their BGA machine, with permission from management after hours and they ended up training me on it officially after my repair was successful the first time.

I had a little side hustle doing VRM mods on other people's motherboards too. Worked there 5 years, they laid us all off and on my last day there they let me use the boardwash one last time on a repair, did a through-hole cap replacement on an Athlon XP DFI Lan Party motherboard.

>Ackushally

Attached: 1388209953593.png (400x363, 112K)

Nooo user don't do it
Q.Q

I just use a can of compressed air and alcohol wipes. Unironically washing electronics takes too long to air dry, and I'm too impatient for anything that time consuming.

They use a heat gun on the Vaseline then brush it on wax would leave unprotected spots around surface mounted components

It's both. The card I "bathed" was already dead (killed the core overclocking), but you really can wash it if you want to. Just make sure you dry it thoroughly

I chuck mine in a concrete mixer with sandblaster grit.

water is too harsh

Attached: Cement-Mixer-3-5cu-ft-100-Litre-Electric-M_856173.l.jpg (780x550, 30K)

What tablets are mobo friendly? I have "Finish Powerball Quantum Tablets Lemon Sparkle"

She'll be sweet?

I wash my motherboard every time I wash myself, so once a month.

>not using molten gold, gold is god at computing