I never considered amd for my build but honestly its tempting as fuck nowadays

i never considered amd for my build but honestly its tempting as fuck nowadays.
8700K (what i wanted to buy) prices jumped overnight month ago, next gen looks like a fucking joke.
if amd goes steady with zen 2 they'll snatch a big piece of market share in 2019.

what the fuck happened to intel?

Attached: file.png (505x353, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-Motherboards/zgbs/electronics/1048424
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Enjoy your third world CPU?

What do you want me to say?

cringe and bluepilled

op here, running i5 3470
it was a good cpu back in the day

>>>/pcbg/, or just use WordPress next time you feel like blogging, faggot.

Enjoy your overpriced housefire

Attached: INTLEL JUSTED.png (1002x1480, 1.25M)

Say something nice about this.

Attached: justbuyit.jpg (624x519, 52K)

Same here bro. Who the fuck needs more than 60 frames per second? Your eyes can't even tell the difference. Plus, Ryzen is better for multitasking™ and when you do the math, you get more performance per dollar™

I've switched from Intel to AMD™ and I've never been happier.

What about this?

Attached: amd.png (621x579, 44K)

Zoom out

You zoom out too. Intel is massively down from its high this year.

Yes, keep circlejerking the only niche Intel has left, 1080p240hz

intel on top amd on bottom, 5 years
its really crazy how from literally who amd went to to viable alternative in 2 years

Attached: file.png (611x451, 37K)

Keep circlejerking the only niche AMD has left: people who can't afford an Intel.

Get a 2700x and 3600 cl16 16gb of ram it will fucking creame a 8700k

>Falseflagging
Cringe, why are AMDrones so pathetic and have be so Jewish?

>You don't buy expensive toys, you must be poor
Yes, toys. Intel sales spike in December

You must be pretty poor when you're trying to compensate for shitty architecture by desperately stacking more cores together

Nice projection. Intel stays afloat only due to the sheer force of jewry. Core has been DOA for generations. Current Intel won't come up with anything but netburst 2.0. Intel was forced to partially stop the jewry and add moar coars because even the lowly Ryzen 3 would be 70% as powerful as a 4core i7

Attached: ipc.png (674x800, 53K)

Rather ironically, the newest 9th gen has already sold more than Ryzen "12nm" according to Asus

>posts a chart in which intel holds the first, second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh and eighth spots.

4% advantage after years of monopoly
I'm sure Intel is fine and healthy
>Anus motherboards
The only people with Asus motherboards that I know of use intel

>4% advantage

k

Attached: 1536933295046.png (1109x3646, 376K)

I'm in the same position really. I will upgrade next year but if the current results are anything to go by, Ryzen 2700X is only 12% worse than the Intel 9900K, but 66% cheaper.

And Intel has not released ANY performance numbers on the 9700K, so I can only imagine it's embarrassing performance.

I'm certainly considering AMD as an upgrade from my 4770K

Attached: be-quiet-dark-rock-pro-4-2.jpg (1000x768, 127K)

>single
hello 1998

tip: i'm not saying single threads were only relevant in 1998, i'm calling out your birth year

IPC advantage you tard. Thought I don't have to contextualise everything because you'd have that much comprehension but no.
Unlike Intel, amd can into node shrink and there's no reason to not believe they won't be able to reach 5ghz with less power draw

Same here.
Will upgrade my 3930k to top of the line Ryzen or bottom of the line threadripper next year.

>IPC advantage

Imaging if this had any sort of real world significance.

>kicks the living shit out of cpus twice the price
Another intlel fag blows their own foot clean off.

Attached: 1522240581085.gif (320x253, 995K)

Greater performance at the same clock isn't s meme. But now that amd has almost caught up it doesn't matter Huh?

OP I been in the same position as you and finally said fuck it and got Ryzen 7 2700X.
Mind I am not even gaming, just some hobby coding and usual stuff like watching films or shitposting.
And what can I say? This system couldn't even handle properly basic things like web browsing (I literally have stutters in Chrome/Firefox).
WTF i was upgrading from a dead C2D E8500 and expected at least the OS and applications to fly. Gosh I thought this CPU is way overkill and will feel like a beast and last me another decade easily. Good I bought an SSD for the first time in my life so the OS boots pretty quickly.
I dunno if it would be the same with Intel but have real doubts.

RMA
Must've gotten damaged

You're having Windows 10 problems.

You must have fucked something up real bad.

I installed Windows 7.
Also tried Windows 10 it wasn't any better nor much worse.

Doesn't seem like that. Things seem okay in CPU-Z and other tools. I have a 2400 MHz (managed to OC it to 2933 CL16 recently) RAM and yes I know Ryzen is dependent on this factor but shouldn't be that dramatic right?

Do u have multiple monitors with different refresh rates?

Win10 can't handle that shit well at all. Whenever you have something using your gpu up on both screens (game on one, video/stream on the other etc), you get mad stutters.

So you're saying you can't tell much difference from a 2 core cpu from 2007 to a brand new mobo and 8c/16 cpu from 2017?

Sounds very subjective/odd/false

>Do u have multiple monitors with different refresh rates?
Dude I have one monitor

>So you're saying you can't tell much difference from a 2 core cpu from 2007 to a brand new mobo and 8c/16 cpu from 2017?
I'd say the difference is there but it is rather negative if the SSD factor is excluded.
I cannot do an honest comparation as the old system ran Windows XP most of the time.

Make sure you're using the Ryzen specific power plan for Windows and that you have the chipset driver installed, without it the system might throttle & park cores and give you stutters.

If you can have higher clocks/moar coars at the same price and/or power consumption, even massively lower IPC doesn't hurt as much. E.g. P4 vs Athlon 64, or current Atom-based Pentiums vs Core-based Pentiums.

Betting it's the motherboard. I've bought a nice Matx b450 mobo from assrock recently because the niggabyte I had made the GPU crash and freeze the pc when left under no load and the sound would tear

Okay so FX-8350 is better than a 8/8 or a 4/8 Ryzen, got you right? It has same number of corse (8) and higher clock than any Ryzen.
Aha

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

Asus is the most bought motherboard brand for oth AMD and Intel. Learn to cope

>lying on the internet
amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Computer-Motherboards/zgbs/electronics/1048424

are you sure its the cpu's fault?
i really dont want to get jewed wint next gen intel, its just too expensive nowadays

Attached: 1511129519214.png (499x513, 283K)

>Praise for Ryzen from all corners
>mine doesn't work though ;_;
Are you really going to let a single anonymous anecdote make your decision for you?

Nice choice desu
I finished my first build in years this summer, after us8ng a high-end laptop for a few years (i7-6700U). Went with a 2600X since my workload is pretty well optimized for multithreading, and it's been amazing. It's fast as fuck for my purposes, and it runs really cool. My case is dead silent even though i have a ton of fans since they never have to spin up. Would recommend.

the power of fanboyism is real great, i can imagine amd fanboys trying to cover up all the issues

i saw people mentioning some dumb issues with ryzens here and there in the past.

The only non-isolated issue I've seen is RAM compatibility. I think it's fair to criticize AMD for that- we shouldn't need to closely examine the exact chips on our RAM to determine if it's going to perform as expected. Everything else seems to be one-off, isolated things.

Well intel is still much faster in games

is there some compilation of all ryzenable rams?

Looking for motherboard memory QVL.

You'll regret it. Even if the performance was there (it's not), AMD products are notoriously unreliable. If you buy cheap, you buy twice.

>have to install additional stuff just to get basic funcitionality from ryzen
>meanwhile intel just works

There's a big list, but they've pretty much always been a shit company. Getting away with actual crimes tends to help outspend your competition. Eventually your incompetence will catch up with you though.

Attached: intlel.png (588x536, 337K)

>are you sure its the cpu's fault?
No am not but I am out of other ideas tbqh. Might be the RAM but I doubt 2.9 GHZ vs 3.2GHz makes that much of a difference during basic tasks.

>i really dont want to get jewed wint next gen intel, its just too expensive nowadays
Yes Intel is fucking expansive and that's why I went with Ryzen. My budget was pretty damn tight and I could barely afford the current setup. I thought it is on par with Skylake or nearly. Jow Forums was also very high on pushing AMD and the arguments seemed pretty solid. Dunno tbqh but I feel memed not to say fucked over.

they actually fell for it

Attached: 1536158039005.png (426x465, 279K)

my dad worked in a slav company called incel

it's either your cpu or your motherboard. get them RMA'd while you still can

link

Post your build.

Tortoise and the hare.

Intel is Apple tier anyone still buying that crap is a moron.

And yet Apple has like 5x more money than Intlel