WHO BRAVE?

Is this unironically the best browser available?

>Lightening fast
>Built around privacy and FOSS
>Made for anti-ad, anti-tracking
>Desktop version loads pages twice as fast as Chrome and Firefox
>Mobile version loads 8 times faster than Chrome and Safari

When are you going to uninstall your shit botnet browser and install THE KING OF INTERNET BROWSERS?

Attached: cropped-brave_icon_512x.png (512x512, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

brave.com/loading-chrome-extensions-in-brave/
thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/95-engineers-in-india-unfit-for-software-development-jobs-study/article9652211.ece
qz.com/india/964843/less-than-5-of-india-engineers-are-cut-out-for-high-skill-programming-jobs/
brave.com/faq/#acceptable-ads
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: braveindia1.jpg (1024x614, 110K)

Attached: bravesquad1.jpg (1024x873, 115K)

Attached: braveindia2.jpg (1152x768, 148K)

Attached: bravesquad2.jpg (1024x768, 139K)

Didn't realize Jow Forums had the brains to find Jow Forums

Attached: 1523193518672.jpg (530x521, 33K)

Meanwhile your white with no skill and no job and these alley poopers are light years ahead of you.

Please kill yourself.

>Lightening
This is the common mis-spelling that activates my almonds the most.

It’s basically a Steve Jobs-ified Firefox for retards.

>shilling Brave

I used it for a while but it's basically just Firefox with AdBlock and https everywhere preinstalled. So I switched back to Firefox where I can use other extensions, as well.

>reddit spacing
>defending street shitters
>implying
You have to go back

>you are not a product
>shows image of a female who is pretty much a product in every aspect of life

You've earned two kernals of corn for all your hard work shilling today Rajneesh.

Brave sucks hairy testicles. 40% constant CPU on Winblows because defender thinks it's ransomware. Check the GitHub issues about it, hasn't been fixed in a year. Devs blame MS instead of simply fixing it.

>Lightening fast
like my firefox install
like firefox
umatrix, ublock,noscript + shitton of privacy extensions
everything is fast enough I don't see any difference between browsers
I block ads system-wide on android and firefox is fast enough for me on my nokia 8
>When are you going to uninstall your shit botnet browser and install THE KING OF INTERNET BROWSERS?
Never

>Chrome based

You're a retard.

You’re using green text to make implications instead of quoting text like a new fag telling other people to live?

Nice.

Kid.

>shilling a FOSS project
That's not how it works.

Poo in the loo, pajit.

is that too mainstream for you fuckboi

De-Googled Chromium*
Take it as you will

>crash
>crash
>crash
lol.

>Built around privacy
Are you retarded? This is objectively false. It can't block half ads and it has 0 anti-fingerprinting built-in, unlike Tor Browser and Firefox.

What?

brave.com/loading-chrome-extensions-in-brave/
Good thing Chrome extensions were made available recently.

It's nice for 32bit arm running android, because it's faster than firefox, but Bromite and Kiwi are arguably better depending on what you need

On PC it's unusable due to lack of functionality compared to firefox

use it on android.

it's a botnet scam browser. Just like opera.

2nd from right is actually pretty cute for a poo in loo. I'd drizzle my raita all over her chapatis.

Attached: 1430309973429.jpg (777x709, 88K)

homosexual and gay
use yozu

reddit tier post

I don't think anyone in this thread has used brave on Android.

It's basically chrome with ublock built in and that's it. It loads as slow as chrome and works just as well as chrome because it is chrome. I'm not sure why you would use it on a desktop, but on Android it's the best browser for a higher end phone.

On my 1gb ram tablet it's a laggy pos and lightning browser is significantly faster

Bich send pic of vegana, dear

average on phone, shit on pc

Literally reskinned Chrome.

And with no extensions

unstable on Ubuntu 16.04

Brave is unironically the best mobile browser available.

I think it's honestly a really cool thing that serves a great purpose. I enjoy it on mobile especially. HOWEVER, it's very noob-tier.

Ex: built in tor-tabs. They're nice, but I'd rather just pull up the tor browser if I needed that. But since most don't have it... built in ad tracker? It's nice but it doesn't block as much and it isn't as configurable. Private? Yes, quite private, but not a ton, requires no configuration.

That's kinda the thing about Brave. it 'just werks' and although I can install gentoo and therefore have no need for this, I can get behind it for normies. Plus, it really does perform well. Better than firefox anyway. Comparable to chrome on my systems, but chrome was never an option anyway because FUCK google.

Seriously though, it's a solid competitor to chrome and that's something we need to all support it for.

>and if you use a properly configured browser you have to solve 24 captchas just to post so fuck us all right? Actually not exaggerating

>have to fuck around the terminal and compile the browser from source
They aren't available, retard.

>quite private
Fingerprinting doesn't work. Your screen resolution and OS are leaked. On android your exact device is leaked. Your system fonts are leaked.
>built in tor-tabs. They're nice
Again, with no fingerprinting you're completely exposed making tor tabs useless unless you need a quick way to avoid country restrictions or visit onions without needing any privacy.

>Better than firefox anyway
This is objectively false because
>Firefox has no issues described above and it's fingerprint resist works
>Firefox has uBlock Origin and a bunch of other addons
The only single thing this browser is good at is speed.

I like firefox more. It supports addons and is just as fast and more secure when whitelisting js using umatrix and ublock origin. Using an S9 btw.

Attached: Firefox.jpg (1080x2158, 436K)

Also, about:config is available.

the thing is, you have to install all those addons and actually understand how to work them. AND, to properly configure firefox it actually does take a few minutes of configuration. Yeah you can just follow the page on the arch wiki, but all of that is too much for most normies.

You either don't have it configured properly yourself, or you severely overestimate the tech ability of the rest of the world.

That is better than the placebo trash in brave which lies to you saying "fingerprinting and tracking protection is enabled". And any idiot can at least install an addon like uBlock Origin.

On Android sure

>is just as fast
False

no extensions on mobile version
new desktop version is still not stable but thank god they gave up on Electron. hope they include ungoogled-chromium's patchset

>lightening
Yeah you seem like a brave user

Not an argument. Fuck off back to r*ddit if you're so sensitive you get triggered by some third worlders building a browser.

That sounds comparable to Firefox klar/focus which also has some adblocking capabilities and just uses webview.

Firefox extensions are cool but the browser itself is slow as shit and heats my phone up after prolonged use. I use focus as my default and only have fennec to store links I want to look at later.

>and compile the browser from source
That part isn't true.

POL BOOGEYMAN BAD

gay

>Downloading Chrome Extensions
>Now that we have a local copy of Brave’s source, and are able to run it, we can continue.

But it's true...

HEADLINE: Fewer than 5% of engineers trained in India are cut out for high-skill programming jobs

thehindubusinessline.com/info-tech/95-engineers-in-india-unfit-for-software-development-jobs-study/article9652211.ece

qz.com/india/964843/less-than-5-of-india-engineers-are-cut-out-for-high-skill-programming-jobs/

I use brave as my main browser on desktop and Android. no complaints on android, but it starts fucking slow on desktop compared to chrome.

Is there literally anything better than pic related, with stable pre-Quantum add ons from Firefox included (NoScript, UBlock, HTTPS Everywhere etc)?

No there isn't.

Attached: Waterfox_Logo_(redesigned_2015).png (256x256, 30K)

Botnet.
It's shit on desktop
Good on mobile

>it's a solid competitor to chrome
Laughing out loud. Since when reskins are competitors?

You don't have to compile shit

Just download Brave Beta (or Brave Dev) builds and congratulations you have chrome extensions enabled.

I've been using Brave for like two weeks now. Its perfectly fine. The devs are releasing updates at a very consistent schedule and they're incorporating the only features they'd been previously missing.

The browser is a bit faster than other Chrome builds I've used.

It filled the C: drive of my windows VM with like 4 updates. It's shit.

No, that's just windows being shit

Both are shit.

>"acceptable" ads
No, thank you.

>Trusting proprietary Pajeet-tier software

Attached: 1537986159653.jpg (680x695, 34K)

It's literally only shills that hate this browser. It must be good. I've been using it as my main for months and I like it. Both on my mobile botnet and PCs.

Reminder that this is opt in, disabled by default, and no one uses it. Keep on spreading that FUD though.

Yeah, I really want to move to a browser whose dev team is more worried about further monetizing the internet (and their own bottom line) than actually making a good, functional browser.

Pic related.
brave.com/faq/#acceptable-ads
Keep shilling, though.

Attached: 1521362408285.png (768x403, 28K)

>well, OUR botnet has your personal information, sure, but we'll protect you from all those OTHER evil botnets!
oh no no no sweetie, no

Attached: 1525906052468.png (795x357, 33K)

>calling anyone a shill while you spread this FUD
Earning your $0.02 per post, Deepak?
This is opt in, disabled by default, and no one uses it.
Keep it up. In fact, feel free to keep replying to me too. Whatever helps your street shitter family. I mean its basically charity keeping you alive.

>just give us real money and we'll give you Good Goy Points so you can donate to your favorite strea... err... i mean content creators!
>we're just doing our part to keep this outdated and malicious revenue model alive and kicking! no need to thank us!
OH NO NO NO
HAHAHA
NOOOOOO

Attached: 1533640721726.png (794x336, 30K)

>directly from the brave website faq
>FUD
oh no honey just no lol

Did they make the devtools dock to the side/give us mobile screen orientation already?

Opt in. Disabled by default. Impossible to accidentally enable it even since its on its own little nested tab in the settings.
The only things you have to criticize aren't even real issues.

>b-b-bb-but this one optional feature is bad, maybe!
Reminder that this is all shills have against Brave, meanwhile Firefox is adding telemetry thats enabled by default.

Attached: 1539631088274.jpg (899x775, 246K)

>Lightening fast
No, it's not, and it's spelled "Lightning"

Not that it matters, but they have issues with privacy and tracking if you're actually paying attention

Actually it was made for ads and tracking which is why they eventually created the stupid idea of "paying" people to allow for ads, it was all part of the plan from the beginning which also means the tracking BS is just that - BS - too

No, it really doesn't, you're making up shit as you go along, doing benchmark testing with a variety of different tests shows it's not anywhere near twice as fast and most of the time it's not even AS fast as either of those other browsers

Chrome loads as fast as I can tap the icon because it's part of Android when it's installed. Don't give a fuck about Safari since I wouldn't touch an iPhone except to beat someone to death with it, even Firefox on my V20 running Oreo loads faster than Brave's mobile browser does so that's really saying something

Try harder next time, son.

>t. totally not a brave shill
The funny part is you're not even getting paid to run damage control here.

I love it so far
Unfortunately I have some problems with Google captchas on Linux. Anyone else has the same problem with a brave install via snap?

>here, have some good goy points on the house to get you started!
oh sweaty no no oh no

>y-y-y-yyou're the shill
>s-stop posting unbiased facts while I'm trying to spread FUD
Poor little Deepak. Will they take away your rupees unless you try to cover your ass like this? It must be hard living in a country where running water is a luxury.

>don't use firefox! use this browser that exists solely to line the pockets of our company and its partners!
oh sweetie just no

Bloated, shit UI. Browsers without real tabs/tab list are literally unusable.

Attached: 1538169618753.png (350x525, 36K)

>hurr this browser exists to make us money
>with these totally optional and transparent features that are disabled by default

Oh, Deepak. You're such a card.

>please buy some good guy points!
You're probably going to have to target this toward the Twitch kiddie crowd. Just saying.

>Twitch kiddie
Why do you think he's here shilling on Jow Forums?

This is literally the only good browser right now. I'm surprised it's not more popular than it is.

Aww you're not even trying anymore, Deepak. Did you run out of canned responses on your script? I won't give you too much of a hard time since you're undoubtedly malnourished and filled with gut parasites.
The only thing you can criticize Brave for is an opt in, disabled by default, and no one uses it. Its a non issue.

It's literally chrome.

Pretty sure they released a beta version of the browser that has extensions enabled

>everyone who disagrees with my shilling is indian
Is this a meme?

This is the endgame of mobile browsers.

Attached: yuzu.png (180x180, 23K)

It doesn't even make sense, unless he thinks you're an Edge shill or something.

It's *okay*. Unfortunately, its interface is still anus because chrome is a pile of trash with little customization.

Spreading actual disinformation and then shitposting when confronted about is is what a Pajeet shill does.
I'm just posting facts.

Companies hire guerrilla marketing firms to trash their competition all the time.

>Companies hire guerrilla marketing firms to trash their competition all the time.
The funny part is that you're not even working for one right now. You're like the local hot pockets.

>y-y-you're the shill for calling out my shilling!
>if you confront me for spreading FUD then you're a shill!
>just let me shitpost and lie!

Top tier logic right there. You definitely don't come across as a shit eating retard at all.
This entire exchange is just one user literally lying about the ad and payment features in Brave while I simply point out that they're opt in and disabled by default.
Try actually acting like an adult. All of Jow Forums is 18+

I'm not even the poster you're trying to have a shill fight with, dude. I'm just pointing out that you're not from any marketing company. You're just another tribalistic fanboy.

>>y-y-you're the shill for calling out my shilling!
>my shilling!
At least you don't deny it. Do you get free BAT points or whatever per post?

Try harder, dipshit.
I'm not going out of my way to recommend the browser, I didn't make the thread. I just opened it, saw someone spreading disinfo, so I countered that by posting facts in stead.
That isn't being a tribalistic fanboy, thats being a decent person.

Give it up, Deepak.

>This entire exchange is just one user literally lying about the ad and payment features in Brave
hold up. what exactly was said that wasn't true?

>That isn't being a tribalistic fanboy
No, that's pretty much exactly being a tribalistic fanboy. Who fucking cares about web browsers this much?