There was a time this was considered anything but gaudy and ugly

>there was a time this was considered anything but gaudy and ugly

Attached: 2013-03-19-clamshell.jpg (1106x934, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skkDM9Ijckc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Can it run Gentoo?

i wouldn't want to run anything on it its the perfect example of why unique is not always a good thing

It looks like my lunch box from primary school

I guess at the time making technology seem less serious was important. The people buying this had not grown up using computers.

>>there was a time this was considered anything but gaudy and ugly

Oooh, a trivia game. I love these.

False.

Next question!

>this post

Attached: reddit.gif (237x240, 1.95M)

Attached: tpgf20.webm (464x848, 425K)

anyone else used to play railroad tycoon 2 on this machine? and age of empires

shit was good

and i played carmageddon on the imac

no there wasn't.
Apple has always been for fags.

That pretty much applies to all apple products once they become old.

Attached: soundsticks.jpg (400x372, 33K)

upvoated

No, iMacs were actually considered a decent and good looking machine at the time.
Honestly, that's the machine that probably saved Apple. That was pre-iPod and Apple wasn't doing too fucking much before the iMac.

Yes.

iBook, not iMac. Anyway, I prefer the black and grey designs for the PowerBooks. The best PowerBooks were from before Steve Jobs returned.

it's cute! i had one of them growing up and i loved that thing. technology is so not-fun these days, we need more color. hell that applies to more than just technology, even cars these days are basically just white/black/silver/red. people should have more fun

Attached: akko.png (400x400, 159K)

Nothing wrong with it

Holy shit this existed.

>there was a time this was considered anything but gaudy and ugly
>there was a time
>there was

No, faggot. It's still ugly to this date. Don't tell me that someone was actually willing to use something that resembles closely to a vtech preschool laptop.

Attached: yeah no.png (296x274, 97K)

And so were the best PowerMacs.
The 9600 and the beige G3s remain the most upgradeable macs ever.
You could've bought a 9600 in 1996 and upgrade it over the years to the point where in 2007 you'd have it with a 1GHz G4, 1.5GiB of ram (some Macs of the time shipped with 512MiB) a Radeon 9200 PCI, gigabit ethernet, USB 2.0, FireWire 800, SATA, modern drives and OS X Leopard, the current release at the time. Imagine that, buying a computer and getting support for it for an entire decade. And it would've been perfectly usable up to 2011, which is when the web really started to become bloated and Apple stopped issuing security updates for Leopard.
The G3s were really close to the 9600 in terms of upgradeability, with the exception of only having three PCI slots and maxing out at 768MiB ram. That didn't stop me from shoving a Sonnet Encore /ZIF G4 1GHz in mine, though.

Attached: IMG-20181010-WA0009.jpg (2560x1440, 835K)

looks cool

sorry to tell you these things sold like mad

Didn't have anything apple but I actually at the time liked the late 90s clear plastic fad. Had a clear gameboy color, a vtech cordless phone, an apollo printer, etc. Then again I was in jr high, don't judge me. Kind of wish it came back though.

Sauce

absolutely

every other company thought it was important, apple just wanted to be cool and creative

Fuck you guiz....

Attached: Tangerine ibook.jpg (1196x898, 78K)

Didnt Packard Bell also have transparent computers which Apple tried suing them over?

There is a 0% chance you're not a Redditor.

I can assure you this was always considered ugly. Only tech illiterate early baby boomers thought they were cool, and only because it was the first laptop they'd ever seen.

It looks like a fisher price toy.

>>

Attached: 1539527318142.webm (464x848, 919K)

>resembles closely to
Pajeet my son

It was eMachines.
youtube.com/watch?v=skkDM9Ijckc

Attached: 1526663322867.png (768x1024, 1.6M)

Underage detected.

Attached: 1495604475043.jpg (650x581, 121K)