PC test bench ideas wanted

I recently bought a faulty PC, managed to get it working.

Show us your testing set ups or tools you use to save you time.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1920x1080, 329K)

Just the tower? Specs? How much?

Tower, VGA monitor, keyboard and mouse.

Attached: 2018-10-10 11.29.20.jpg (1944x2592, 1.32M)

All for £35.

Front of the case looks like it had been bashed in

Attached: 2018-10-10 11.33.30.jpg (1944x2592, 1.23M)

The back had some good and bad points.

Good HDMI and USB3 on the motherboard

Bad is the motherboard had somehow been fit poorly

Attached: 2018-10-10 11.34.47.jpg (1944x2592, 1.68M)

I took the motherboard out of the case and it fired up but wouldn't boot to bios.

I reseated the CPU and moved the DDR 4GB ram from slot 2 to slot 1

Now it fired up to the bios.

Changing a couple of settings in the bios relating to windows 7 and window 10, it finally booted to a live linux usb

I then connected the HDD that came with it, and it booted to a fresh install of windows 10.

Attached: 2018-10-10 12.06.53.jpg (1944x2592, 1.61M)

Spec wise it's an

i3 6100
4GB of DDR4
250GB HDD

The GPU is an 8400GS which hasn't been put back in

A great deal for £35

I save time by not buying faulty PCs.

Seems like a good deal. What are you planning on doing with it? Game wise you can't play much, maybe runescape and minecraft.

Fixing PC's is fun as fuck, lad. People are brainlets and a PSU failure is enough for them to buy a new one.

>Fixing PC's is fun as fuck, lad.

As somebody who worked fixing PCs, no, it's really not.

>Windows
Kill yoursef, retard.

Put GuixSD on it.

This. Fuck fixing up computers. It's surprising how filthy people can be. I don't even want to touch some of the stuff people give me to fix.

As someone who currently works fixing PC's, the only thing that's fun is getting into the deeper levels of software; bonus points for making a tool to automate your efforts for the future. Hardware is just not fun. At least not anymore since I'm not a teenager anymore.

The worst is the combination of smoker & dog owner. All the oils from the dog hairs build up on the fans & acts like glue, so they all end up coated in a revolting sticky, hairy paste of dust & hairs that fucking reeks of cancer.

OP did not really fix anything he just properly configured a misconfigured PC. Not to detract from what he did in any way, but that's not "fixing" a computer.

>Seems like a good deal. What are you planning on doing with it? Game wise you can't play much, maybe runescape and minecraft

It's stopping at grandmas so my daughter has something to play minecraft and roblox on.

I'll add a 750ti if one comes along cheap enough

there is a big difference between doing this for yourself and working on it day in day out.

Why would you need spanners for PC repair?

tightening the pipes on the water cooling

it wasn't working, it is now, so i fixed it.

use the motherboard box and don't be a retard and pay 200$ for a slab of metal.

I just used a piece of card board.

I leave a PSU plugged into the wall but not switched on and touch the case to ground myself (UK three pin sockets)