RYZEN LOVE THREAD

Post your good experiences, overall cost savings, builds, pics, and other good stuff regarding Ryzen aka the return of competitive computing for less.

Remember that competition is good and Intel shills should be ashamed of themselves and their plateau'd chips.

Attached: ryzenlogo-100698897-large.jpg (700x460, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232376
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>another day
>another falseflag thread
>another hasbarakike on overtime

Ok user

you guys only shill this processor because you waited 3 years for it and it was still 10% behind.

its fucking retarded bulldozer was this far behind but every one abandoned it and no one brought it because they had only been hype for 1year not 3.

you people are drones as fuck.

>half the price
>only real disadvantage is for gaymen, less than 10%
you're as much a drone as that blatant shill op desu

Im building a Ryzen 7 2700 unraid server with W10 gaming VM.

Attached: 1537987811894.png (588x800, 767K)

Ryzen masters, please teach me your secrets. Does the 2700X overclock well? What kind of clock speeds have you been getting

Where is fucking 2800H powered laptops!?
REEEEEEEEEE

Soon

I'm trying to push my r1600 to 3.825Ghz on a gygabyte board, any tips?
It's stable at 3.72 to 3.75Ghz on a pretty low vcore and leaving the Vcore SoC setting to auto, but anything over that and it shit itself. At 3.825Ghz with twice more voltage than 3.72Ghz needs, it doesn't even last a second of benchmark
It doesn't help that HWinfo has 4 lines for the CPU voltage setting, 2 about the same thing, but with conflicting values? The hell? I don't get it

Attached: what.jpg (497x522, 106K)

Don't forget to fucking neck yourself ASAP, you disgusting attention whoring anime pedo fag.

Anime website

idk I went with a ryzen 3 2200g and it does everything as fast as I'd like. Plus it's dirt cheap.

I’m using a Ryzen but...

I still miss my i7 DC. At least for gaming I miss the smoothed out performance and never felt like it was holding back performance

How far can I safely push my 2700x with only the stock cooler?

increase the voltage you faggot. I'm running my 1600 at 3.9ghz with 1.381v

>decent price
>it works with 60 fps

>he doesnt know
I hate newfags

With stock cooling there isn't much of a point in OCing for games. XFR2 will handle your clock speeds better than a manual overclock would on stock. For productivity however i 4 or 4.1ghz all core should be easily attainable on the stock cooler.

Focus on your memory clocks and timings. You will get more results from those in games.

Attached: 1456591795524.png (1200x600, 289K)

Very happy with my R7 1700. Was an early adopter and managed to get 4ghz @ 1.365v. Got the cheapest 3200 16gb kit i could find and was able to get 3000 out of it with excellent timings after a couple bios updates.

Will be upgrading to Zen 2 when it is available.

Attached: 209.png (414x248, 82K)

>How far can I safely push my 2700x with only the stock cooler?
you should never push ANY cpu with a stock cooler

Got my 1600X when it came out, very cheap, overclocked it to 3.95, no problems, I'm using it with a VFIO setup, this shit is amazing.

Sorry shill, of all the stupid shit intel does, disabling virtualisation on the k-models really pissed me off.
Im looking forward to my new Ryzen system, and I will never go intel again.

Attached: SmugAnimeFace48.png (505x505, 351K)

Bought Threadripper on day 1, been happy since. Productivity is amazing and handles gaming very well. I love the fact that AMD is using the socket for more than one generation.

Attached: speccy_ryzen.jpg (1493x1153, 420K)

But then that would mean I lost the lottery

delid dis

my 2700x gets 9004 cpu is timespy. ^_^ thats literally 4 over nine thousand.

Is it a good build for 1080p gaming and some engineering light programming tasks?

Attached: mestre_corrida.png (1166x567, 82K)

why even build now? save up more money.

Actually i need a computer ASAP, besides that where i live prices increases with time.

My 1800X is an absolute beast paired with my 1080 Ti. It crushes anything I throw at it. My only gripe is that I have this RAM: newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820232376

And it absolutely refuses to overclock with Ryzen. Can't get it stable to save my life. Fortunately at stock speeds of 2133 it still works well, but I'd love to get the 3200 speeds I bought it for.

> inb4 why did you buy incompatible ram

I bought it when I thought I was making an Intel build.

what motherboard do you have paired with your 1800X? I have a 1700X and similar to you, an Intel compatible DDR4-2400MHz kit for 32GB RAM. My motherboard is the Asus Crosshair VI Hero. After updating to the latest BIOS, I went from barely booting properly at 2400MHz to being able to overclock if I want. Up to around 2666MHz and CL12 timings. (You get way worse RAM capabilities when using 4 RAM sticks vs 2)

Question, how much electricity does that absolute unit of a CPU suck up? Noticeable power bill difference?

Attached: 1538354581595.jpg (1112x584, 64K)

>overall cost savings
Nothing. I make a rough budget and spend that on whatever parts have the best price/performance ratio.

>return of competitive computing for less.
Slightly misleading, aren't you? Intel did this with a 50% price-jump on their CPUs last month. When I bought my Ryzen's it was basically slightly cheaper than Intel for slightly better all-core performance. Ryzen's a much, much better deal now but that's not AMDs doing..

>experiences
Random hangs when the computer was _idle_ due to a now well-known bug that affects the entire AM4 platform which resulted in some hair-pulling until I found many others with the same problem and workarounds. AMD came with a BIOS update fix only ONE YEAR after the Ryzen 1 series was released. This mostly affects us GNU/Linux users since Windows can't into being idle.

It's also disappointing that the Ryzen 1 series CPUs can't into high memory with 4 sticks, 2666 is the limit.

Attached: htpc-fractal-node-case-VID_20180915_061226.webm (1280x720, 1.73M)

just got a ryzen 5 on sale for 89 bucks, very happy with it.

Attached: too STRONK.png (324x500, 215K)

Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming K7. I've been using the latest bios but and been trying to get it to OC but it just isn't happening. Even in-between speeds and setting the voltages manually doesn't work.

I found some Ryzen memory timing app that generated a bunch of values, I put all those in and that was as stable as I ever got it. But even then it'd hard lock or crash every other day.

buy moar ram? using 2133 with ryzen is almost criminal. get some cl14 3200 in there. ryzen will be happy.

not that user, but if you live in a 3rd world shithole where you're paying $3/kw then yes. Anywhere else and you're fine.

I'm actually using 4x8GB of DDR4-2400MHz CL14 because I was an early adopter of DDR4 (Had an intel i7-5820k at launch). My R7-1700X doesn't perform terribly with 2400MHz RAM at all.

are you also manually setting your CPU SOC voltage? DRAM voltage should be set to 1.35v. Then set the SOC to no more than 1.2v. (any more than this has negative long term effects on the RAM/motherboard). Then set the RAM to 3200MHz and open up the timings to like CL16-18-18-36. Keep memtesting and squeezing down the timings as tight as you can and test for instability.

literally redd.it: the processor

How much do you save buying the A320M compared to a B350M? I'd step that up if it's possible.

I also question the choice of a new GTX 1050ti at this time. But I do not know your area. I see a lot of used deals on GPUs now that the mining bubble has burst and prices on new GPUs, specially mid-range AMD cards like the 580, have gone down in price. The 2200G in an APU so you could just (ab)use that for your GPU needs for a while and look around. If you find nothing then you'll very likely be able to buy a new GTX 1050ti for a thousand of those R-dollars a month from now. If you are lucky you may find yourself a GTK 1060 6GB or even
a GTX 1070 at that price. I've seen used GTX 1070s at the price the 1050ti retails for here.

>"productivity"
please elaborate

Not him but how far can you OC ram safely? I got cheap 2400s and got them to 2666 easy, should I try to go to 2800?

Solid advice. Thanks. I will definitely do some research on the used market.

this but unironically.

I have my 2400G at 1500mhz on the iGPU, seems stable at 1.162v SOC. Unfortunately my cpu voltage and frequency go out of control when I allow it to boost itself after giving any kind of iGPU OC, and my ram OC is totally unstable with any kind of CPU OC. So it tops out at 3.6ghz now.
I don't think my RAM likes to be at 3333mhz so I kept it at 3200 and i've been toying with the RAM timings, which is so far doing okay. But i'm confused by something

>run firestrike before tweaking timings and get 3713
>after tweaking my score drops slightly

Big ol' nani over here

Attached: RTC_2018-10-15_18-55-55.png (511x768, 33K)

it works pretty well for everything I've tried, I'd rather have a good all rounder than be a it better in gaming,

ALSO my motherboard seems to think it's funny that it refuses to let me do 15 tCL (14 is fine though), and sometimes it decides to change a few settings without permission. Like it has set my SOC voltage back to 1.15 even though I boosted it a few days ago.
Big mood.

no idea. i never paid much attention to ram overclocking. i just bought something that was on the qualified vendor list that said optimised for ryzen. turns out the meme ram was good ram because its b die samsung.

Is 2800H going to be a good laptop option? I haven't owned a laptop in 6 years. Would mind having a laptop reasonable priced that might be able to play Soul Calibur etc.

are amd the good guys

>are amd the good guys
Yes

Good and cheap 2600+mobo+ram combo?

Why APU with dedicated GPU?

Ryzen 1600x
Noctua cooler
16gbs of ram
Rx480 8gb
16gb ddr4ram

Love my quiet system

>your good experiences
My experiences with the Ryzen 2400G are not good, they are in fact ALL BAD.

The 2400G is the most problematic APU I have owned as to date and it has always, and still is, been utterly useless to me as more than a pure CPU. I initially bought it to replace a AM1 socket Athlon APU HTPC system. It was never able to fulfill that purpose. I eventually bought a RX 560 GPU just to have an actually working GPU for that machine.

Picture related is with the latest stable 4.18.14 Linux kernel. The 2400G has never more than barely worked with any kernel and it's never been anything but a matter of time before a total system failure or just a GPU freeze (no more video output but possible to SSH in).

inb4 windows-using AMD shills try to defend this with silly stupid retarded fag-talk: There's no point. I have the 2400G, I bought it and I really would like to be able to use the GPU part of it. The 2400G isn't new anymore. The fact that it still doesn't work is inexcusable.

Attached: ryzen-2400G-kernel-4.18.14.jpg (2969x1774, 1.1M)

>buying 1st gen

>shit software
>yeah this perfectly fine APU is horrible and dosnt work

t. amd shill

>buying an APU
lol what a moron. this is about ryzen processors like the Ryzen 5 2600X.

>i3 8100
>AMD shill
something isnt right

>disabling virtualisation on the k-models
Wat. There haven't been any Intel CPUs without virtualization support for I don't know how many years now, neither K models nor even Celerons.

>latest intel processor is 12% ahead
bulldozer is one thing but how the fuck have intel struggled to make anything better than sandy bridge on a good process?

Are you new? Linux driver support for new hardware has always lagged behind. It will eventually get there, but you shouldn't be surprised that it's not there yet.

AMD and Linux fanboy, but what were you thinking?

I forgot which gen K cpus had crippled VT as not supporting pci-passthrough. Ironically he's going amd which had broken nested paging in KVM for like 10 years now and it's still not fixed. There's some workaround after TR users spammed amd support forums but it's still not fixed on the amd side.

>Code: 00 00 00
That ain't the hardware's fault.

how much does china pay you?

pebkac

>Linux driver support for new hardware has always lagged behind.
There's lagging behind and then there's not working properly a full year after the release.

It doesn't matter that the hardware itself is alright when it's unusable due to severe huge software bugs.

And this particular problem with 4.18.14 results in a GPU freeze, no more display output. Interestingly everything else works fine after this particular error, it's just the amdgpu module that stops working. It's possible to ssh in and get the call trace and do whatever else you'd like to do.

>APU is horrible and dosnt work
Yes, it absolutely does not work and it is worthless to me as an APU. As a quad-core CPU it's fine.

>what were you thinking?
I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking at the time. It was probably something along the lines of Taeyeon is gorgeous and I need a new HTPC capable of watching fancams of her in 4K.

Attached: 1522914019334.png (1123x1500, 2.37M)

Don't? Like, buy 2666 or 3000 and a decent motherboard? Really, overclocking RAM is just playing with fire.

5 1500X
16 GB DDR4 3000
B450M
Stock Cooler
1060 6GB
ADATA M.2 Boot drive

I have only bad expierance. I decided to build a mini itx machine with a 2200g and then promptly found out after building it that it will not work right with Linux. I was majorly disappointed.

why are you using linux if you don't know how to use it

>It doesn't matter that the hardware itself is alright when it's unusable due to severe huge software bugs.
You can't really blame AMD for third-party software, though.

Wait are there some people who have an innate ability to use Linux who never used it before?

Tbqh fampai, one quick Jewgle search would have told you that.

>You can't really blame AMD for free software
ftfy

Yeah I guess I kind of just expected it to work for some reason.

Got myself 2700X for 300 eurobucks and 1600X for less than 150 iirc. The only thing I'm working on it is the memory OC. Seems like I did a poorly choose on mobo and I can't get 3600, only 3200-3400.

I don't quite see how that was a fix, even meme-wise.

free software is garbage, always has been and always will be. free as in gnu free

So you're saying AMD can be blamed for third-party software as long as it's non-free?

>good experiences
Effortless multitasking even with semi-taxing applications. Admittedly i switched from a 3570k 4c/4t, almost anything would have been an improvement kek.
>overall cost savings
what's that, i bought a custom loop, one of the top motherboards, 32GB CL14 RAM, an m.2 pci-e ssd and even a new tower to go along with the CPU kek

Attached: IMG_20181016_065943.jpg (768x941, 152K)

So I finished my itx 2700x build and now I am searching for good ram to pair it with. I'm running ASRock x470 itx and the ram has to have short heatsinks in order to fit my case.

Any recommendations/similar stories?

>Admittedly i switched from a 3570k 4c/4t, almost anything would have been an improvement kek.
I'm still using a 2400, and see no reason whatsoever to upgrade to anything.

Get slower DR ram, they don't need heatsinks because slower and perform pretty well

i noticed some bulkier applications taking a while to start and do things, then switched after looking up specific benchmark results for them under different systems

"""Heatsinks""" on RAM is just for blings anyway, just take them off if you're space-constrained.

I built my first PC at the start of this month. So far I've been very happy with it for the amount I spent after being stuck with weak dual-core laptops with integrated graphics for the past several years for reasons.

So far I've only experienced one crash, and that was a video_tdr_failure from my SoC voltage being a tad too low for my 1600mhz igpu overclock. Ended up just dropping it down to 1500mhz for maximal stability. Other then that it's been good and ran all the games I've thrown at it so far. The only game that runs less than great is MHW, can do 768p at locked 30fps easily, but only 40-60 fps uncapped. Though part of that is the game's optimization being trash.

I recently found a cheap R9 270 that will ship later this week so I can finish this build. In the end still under $500 even after taxes.

Attached: Untitled.png (1221x633, 49K)

not if you're pushing 1.5V into them

>$370
Holy shit n1 user

>poozen
>good

Attached: 7nhd3Z5.png (785x757, 123K)

>pootel
>good

Attached: 1502831978496.jpg (700x565, 73K)

Looks like cheap garbage like all Ryzen builds

I feel for you. The 2200g has all the exact same problems I have with my 2400g.

AMD Vega-based APUs not working properly under Linux is a problem regardless of your ability to use all other Linux systems.

You girls are clearly not aware of the simple fact that amdgpu is mostly written by AMD employees. Their Linux driver team is limited and asked to prioritize other things so the 2200g and 2400g APUs are neglected. This reflects poorly on AMD and also their board partners like Asrock. They should fix this, they should do it for her.

Attached: asrock-0301_35459264_714639645594090_5786406809933709312_n.jpg (1080x1349, 1.05M)

Switched both Intel systems to Ryzen, don't regret it. The first one was a huge upgrade, i5-3550 to Ryzen 1700, its a fantastic CPU considering the price and undervolt capabilities. It still matches a 1800X stock.

My 2700X caused problems, I was close to wait for the 9900K, but now I'm glad I didn't, because it was just a faulty CPU. Its now a placeholder until Zen 2 arrives. So in the best case I buy two Zen 2s if they have more cores, in the worst case I buy only one if its a 8C and put the 2700X in my HTPC.

4.5+, IPC increase, 4000+ RAM, please make that happen. My 4266 Gskill RAM is begging for more.
This and, as I am a 4K60 gaymer, the Ryzen is more than sufficient. Ryzen isn't much slower especially if you use the best RAM.
It is noticeable, I often run Winrar tasks in the backgrounds, like when doing my backups and packing 50-100 GB, the whole system slows down on a i5. The Ryzen doesn't only do its faster you can still game or have lots of tabs open.
Thats a really high SOC. What RAM is it? Your latencies seem to be very high.

Attached: DSC_0038.jpg (3840x2160, 2.67M)

i5 2500k Sandy bridgy.
And I have done my research, no problem with virtualization on Ryzen at the moment shill.
Gonna be a really good machine.

Attached: 1534248450673.jpg (673x635, 77K)

i heard about meltdown
>got it the next morning

Attached: ryzen71700x.png (682x588, 27K)

I had terrible stability at stock speeds no matter how many times I reinstalled windows, updated windows, updated drivers, cleaned drivers, updated the bios, cleared CMOS, tested ram, etc.
This went on for months and I thought I must just have either a bad chip or MOBO.

I installed W10 LTSC 1809 recently and it's literally perfect now.
NIggershit Windows was the problem all along.
Fucking hell, they made AMD look terrible to me from a consumer perspective.