Wouldn't this break stuff?

Wouldn't this break stuff?

Attached: 1539609477573.png (1009x641, 324K)

Other urls found in this thread:

physicsworld.com/a/cern-describes-physicists-gender-talk-as-highly-offensive/)
github.com/python/cpython/search?p=1&q=master slave&unscoped_q=master slave
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes, I believe it's a breaking change.

Making changes for the sake of being PC automatically kills a project.

it's just a symptom of the technological progress wave brought on by "the information age" being essentially dead. When people start worrying about inane shit like this it's because there's nowhere for people to make meaningful technological changes.

If you're still young and want to make a meaningful contribution to the world don't get involved in computer science. CS is bloated as fuck, and filled with more people than there exists enough meaningful work to be done. Maybe it will be biology, maybe physics, maybe some field we haven't discovered yet, but if you want to do something with your life don't study CS

And you guys keep saying that Rust it's a SJW programming language, eh?

Attached: 1511661081601.jpg (2520x2640, 204K)

>update breaks compatibility
>nonfunctional naming changes only

Attached: 1522613222606.png (333x333, 78K)

>Wouldn't this break stuff?
Python already broke stuff when python3 was released.

PARENT OF PUPPETS, I'M PULLING YOUR STRINGS
TWISTING YOUR MIND AND SMASHING YOUR DREAMS
PARENT
PARENT

Attached: 1536757138711.png (511x547, 334K)

Kek

Tell me why I had to be a pliant childs
I don't want to die, I'm a god, why can't I live on?
When the Life Giver dies, all around is laid to waste.
And in my last hour,
I'm a worker to the power of death.

Attached: Iron_Maiden_-_Powerslave.jpg (300x300, 73K)

It's a political issue.
Even if you got into another field, at the very moment you discovered something that may go against the interests of these same people, you would be shamed or worse into not publishing your results.
No long ago there was a talk by someone at CERN about gender IQ disparity, and as you expect, the scientist who even dared to mention such a thing was banned from anything related to CERN, and I remember reading that legal action was going to be taken too (physicsworld.com/a/cern-describes-physicists-gender-talk-as-highly-offensive/)
And even if you don't find anything like that, remember that many bogus studies are published "peer reviewed" by gender ""studies"" "scientists" who only care about proving a point.
Welcome to critical theory.

>pliant childs
It says "powerslave", dipshit. It's on the fucking album cover.

Oh. I missed the joke, my bad.

tpbp

Attached: hmhmhehm.gif (140x173, 575K)

I prefer the new Daddy/Daughter nomenclature

BS. Some nomenclature change in a programming language has nothing to do with computer science. Computer science is just math. This is the fault of society. Everything is pozzed these days. We need hard reset.

github.com/python/cpython/search?p=1&q=master slave&unscoped_q=master slave
it's cucked but otherwise nothing, some docstrings and local variable names

The future, Function, usability, compatibility and standardization is not a concern here!

He pushed the change and used the words "Parents and Childs" instead of "Children" so this was not thought trough...

Attached: vstinner.jpg (1111x1691, 319K)

Break the glass ceiling yes

2.7 doesn't have this problem.

Attached: 1420229460495.png (485x354, 300K)

Who the fuck even still uses python?

it's like a top 3 language and growing

its a bubble because everyone thinks they need to use python to be hip and cool. AT my workplace we prototype in C++, then rewrite the thing in Python when its done for some retarded reason.

muh ML

What the fuck? Wasn't it supposed to be done the other way around? I mean, doesn't it take longer to figure out every detail in C++ (also having less small single-purpose libs and being much more cumbersome to find/install them) than it would in Python?

but then you cant say your platform runs on python.

This triggers me so much. Python isn't even platform independent, and you can easily mix python with other languages if you really want some python functionality.

Hot damn your company is garbage. Python is good because you can quickly throw together something that works.

As someone doing a phd in ml, I can confirm

>python caring about breaking stuff

Attached: python-2-vs-3-2018-587x1024.png (587x1024, 99K)

I hate python, but ill admit its good for small quick scripts. I sometime still use it. But for some reason people are obsessed with forcing a specific language to do shit its not meant to do. google most well known python programs and check how many of them would be better if written in other languages that is actually made for that task. Same with javascript. how the fuck is javascript based desktop programs a good idea? yet shit like discord and atom says fuck it, well use javascript no matter the 1GB memory usage needed just to start the program

what is it called now?
fem and cuck?

on a serious note, only used python for quick prototyping here and there.
slapping something together and see how it works
then replace it with something more efficient.
it makes it easy to spot if code is still just some hack
and it's kind of a badge of shame if someone forgot it to replace it before moving code to production.

Attached: 1504047056680.png (599x750, 311K)

Python is easy to learn and it's a Matlab alternative.

This, I use it a bunch for physics, both to numerically solve differential equations and to graph things like filter transfer functions.

Never used slave-master terminology in any code, but this change is still awful.