Fedora vs Arch

So I'm stuck in this debacle since I bought my new laptop. Should I pick a stable but bloated and botnet distro and a somewhat-stable distro, highly customizable but with a high learning curve that could disturb my everyday computing life.
And if you want me to install gentoo, at least tell me a valid reason why I should.

Note: both distros will be installed without a desktop environement/windows manager at first, so no need to tell me that gnome 3 is shit.

Attached: shitty-stock-photos.jpg (900x900, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Riyyi/dotfiles
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Fedora
>Botnet distro

TempleOS :^)

Bless you.

Install Windows 10 LTSB, and stop wasting your time with freetard garbage.

>t. brainlet shill

No thanks

Just install Ubuntu.
At this point I'd even say you can stick with the default desktop environment, Gnome3.
Let your OS work for you.

Fedora is a good babby's first distro but gnome is shit

Nah, not a fan of AmazonOS. And Gnome 3 is probably one of the worst DE that exists.

I'm pretty experienced with Linux. I have to problem with Arch appart that configuring all of it is a pain in the ass and I hate installers like Manjaro and Antergos. I just want to know if it's worth all that time.

have no problem*

Try both?

Ok, continue to waste time. You'll come around sooner or later.

cloveros

I did. I just want to stop hopping all the time

Is that why Linus uses it?

Who cares about what Linus uses?

I do

Attached: file_0.png (416x435, 115K)

>Fedora is a botnet distro
Entirely FOSS except for some binary blobs that you can remove if you want (and which are also present in Arch). You can audit the code if you want to prove it's a botnet.
Anyway I use both, go with Fedora. If you're questioning whether or not to use Arch, it's probably not for you.

manjaro isnt an installer

The point is If it's good enough for Torvalds it's good enough for everyone else.

>Responds to opinions with another opinion

Attached: image_9_.jpg (500x636, 89K)

>systemd

Fedora is redhat. Others are just full with redhat software.
Always pick a distro with the less redhat. Ib this case: arch

Nah, Fedora is better than Ubuntu, unless you are complete beginner who is afraid of the command line (which OP isn't).

I've used both and Arch isn't worth it, it's a hassle. Fedora just werks. Do a minimal netinstall and remove abrt package.

I like pacman and the AUR, so I'm on Arch personally.
and I prefer rolling releases, but you do have Fedora Rawhide.
they are both fine, just pick what aligns with your preference.

>I just want to know if it's worth all that time.
I'm this user I have been using Arch on and off for about 6 years now and I can honestly say it is, but only if you put in the work.
during these years I mostly half-assed the configuration and I never backed up my dotfiles so in the end, it was all wasted.
but now I manage everything in a git repo, setting up a new machine is easy.
I can just clone the repo and copy all files over, some minor tweaks and you're done.
if you want I can post my dotfiles repo.

What for?

yes please

I tried to make it as complete as I could, hope it helps
github.com/Riyyi/dotfiles