Help with hardware firewall

Hey Jow Forumsuys I'm trying to find a firewall (hardware) that can run pfsense or similar. I looked at the SG-1000 however it seems that its running at max capacity due to normal use, I need a board (soc) that can use either openvpn or wireguard without a huge performance hit. I need one that can do 100Mbits. I looked into the Banana Pi R2 but it seems that it can only do 20Mbits.

Pic related, its my set up

Attached: set up.png (951x609, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Firewall-Micro-Appliance-Gigabit-Intel/dp/B01H2QJTM4/
amazon.co.uk/WALL-Appliance-Firewall-pfSense-AP232/dp/B07JVF954S/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1539637265&sr=8-18&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=firewall quad core#immersive-view_1539637372219
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Don't use a single board computer for this. They really aren't suitable for network applications like this. You're better off getting a cheap Core2 server or desktop from ebay and using it.

The problem is I want low power consumption. Do you have any recommendations?

I should also note, you can use your pfsense machine for routing and wifi. Just be sure your wifi card works with hostadp.

Modern-ish laptop, plus the battery can act as a UPS

No
Using three devices in place of one is not low power. Don't cheapen out. Don't be retarded. Get the right tool for the job.

>Using three devices in place of one is not low power. Don't cheapen out. Don't be retarded. Get the right tool for the job.

I get how the switch might be useless but its because I want 10Gbit Ethernet connection between NAS and PC.

If I could consolidate the router and firewall that would be great.

Do you have any recomendations? I want good signal coverage in both 2.4 and 5g bands.

No surprise Atheros is the best supported. You could grab a supported 4 port Ethernet NIC to go along with this and you are set.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-15_14-38-45.png (1771x826, 140K)

Here. I recommend running security onion on this.

amazon.com/Firewall-Micro-Appliance-Gigabit-Intel/dp/B01H2QJTM4/

At least it would be faster than ARM shit. I forget 802.11g would be the fastest mode without issues using pfsense as a wifi access point too. Aside from using wifi to update my cellphone and company, I don't really use it. For the sake of simplicity, I still think it is the best way.

how much would 100 watts cost u

There are a few Odroids that can do gigabit ethernet.

This with pfsense. Just bought one for $35. Or a plus for 2 RJ45 ports.

Attached: t610.jpg (408x300, 48K)

> Power supply
>65 W, worldwide auto-sensing, 100 to 240 V ac, 50 to 60 Hz, energy-saving automatic power-down, surge tolerance.

Do you consider 65 Watts to be low power consumption?

>Firewall-Micro-Appliance-Gigabit-Intel
This seems good! Thanx Ill look into it.

17p per kilowatt

My dude, do you not realize PSU wattage rating is max? It's probably well under that.

>17p
is that a lot? why do you need low power consumption device?
every p counts

Well my nas will be consuming approximately 50w idle e3 1235l v5. Running 24/7

I don't want too much stuff consuming more than 20w to be on all the time.

why though? watt does it matter?

Just realised the j1900 dosnt have hardware aes support... So useless I guess for pfsense

amazon.co.uk/WALL-Appliance-Firewall-pfSense-AP232/dp/B07JVF954S/ref=mp_s_a_1_18?ie=UTF8&qid=1539637265&sr=8-18&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=firewall quad core#immersive-view_1539637372219

This might be a viable solution. Seems ok has aes, quad core and amd - from the makers of the Intel killer ryzen and epic

4 port pcie NIC and some pfsense VM, and you're done