Fuck this Guy

All he does is hoard old computers that don't do shit and play video games. Why the fuck doesn't he do something worth a damn with these things? At least 8 bit boomer develops games and repairs things. This guy just makes onions toys out of them.

Attached: Lazy-Game-Reviews.jpg (2048x1152, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7vDZpniNI
youtube.com/watch?v=G_gKIvDgBHs
reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/comments/4qz2ng/ported_basic_month_to_trs80_model_ii/
youtube.com/channel/UCz9uUFDhsPYii-ZihoKsbPg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Maybe he doesn't do stuff like 8 bit boomer, but I find his videos very comfy and he puts a lot of work editing stuff. I just like his channel.

Onions boys are the new cat ladies. This is an illness.

>comparing based LGR to 8bitboomer
Absolutely disgusting, OP

Hi Clint. Did you jack off to PUR yet today?

I don't think he has much technical knowledge so I'm not surprised. I doubt he would every care to try writing programs in assembly on an Amiga or something else interesting.

>8 bit boomer
>repairs things

More like breaks them. Anyone have the webm of him putting the paper clips in the psu and blowing it up because he's a retard?

I doubt most of his audience would find him writing assembly programs on an Amiga interesting. Probably only just you.

*Puts on Duke Nukem voice*
Well hello there.
*Meanders around Goodwill*
Greetings
*Masturbates to Radio Shack catalog*
Today on LGR
*Reads Wikipedia for script*
We're going to talk about this European keyboard someone sent me
*Cyberstalks fat goth girl*
I have no idea how this works
*doesn't solder*
But I Iove the clicking sound it makes
*sniffs IBM PC jr. deeply*

>how do i become youtuber guise

You mean his audience of zoomer retards?

Is this the guy who got an SGI machine, but them said how uninteresting it is because it had no games?

At least he doesn't throw them in trash or breake them. He actually uses them to make videos about history of hardware. He kinda has a museum OP.

I mean if you're gonna make programming tutorials at all you might as well make it for modern hardware. Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform. That's of no practical use to anyone. It's about as pointless as making a game like Planet X3. Is anyone gonna play that garbage for more than 5 minutes like they do with any other retro game? I get it, 8-bit man put a lot of time and effort into it and it was a passion project but the reality of the matter is there is no demand for software anyone that bought it most likely did it because they like the show. Betting not one person played it for longer than an hour.

I could also say the same thing about crap like the NES mini and all other [insert retro console here] mini variants.

Did you even watch the video?

collecting old things has no practical purpose

>people buy stuff
>there's no market for it
make up your damn mind

>Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform

Then why make videos about old computers in the first place? It's interesting from a computer science perspective, as well as hobbyists who want to program games for old systems. You don't seem to understand how big retro computing is.

How can someone you don't know make you so mad because they have a youtube channel you don't have to watch?

>You don't seem to understand how big retro computing is.
lol

pisses me off that people send him so much free stuff.

Yes, and that's not the proper way to troubleshoot electronics.

When he removed all the expansion cards and got the power supply to work there was a clue that the power supply was not faulty. When he put in the CGA card and the power supply had issues again that should have been a clue that there was some kinda of short circuit on the card and what was happening was most likely an overcurrent protection circuit kicking in.

At this point there were a few options. The tedious one would be to test components one at a time, check resistors, check diodes, check capacitors, etc. A thermal camera might have been able to see if there were any particularly hot components or the cheaper option is the good old finger test. The wrong way to do it was to assume "the power supply is weak" and to hook up an external PSU with NO overcurrent protection.

Attached: 3948Fig01.gif (562x326, 14K)

>Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform. That's of no practical use to anyone.
It's fun.

you're right but the 9bit boomer is still breddy gud. I noticed the same thing though when he added RGB inputs to a composite input CRT TV, he even admitted himself that someone else looked at schematics for him and figured out the proper resistor values and whatever. he's no electrical engineer, but he still is nice IMHo

Why do you think eBay prices for old computers are so high?

>Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform.

W R O N G
R
O
N
G

I'm in the library at my university where I read books on DOS 2.0 and assembly language for the 8086, and next week I'm going to a class on FORTRAN. feels good to be a boomerzoomer.

The Micro Mages homebrew kickstarter got something like 90000 euros. That is very recent and also for a somewhat old platform (NES).

Attached: 1539347993600.jpg (480x480, 20K)

I'm sorry, I should have said:
>anyone who actually does anything important for a living isn't going to care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform

You obviously do not fall into that category. Have fun playing with your old processors in your Mom's basement.

LGR is more of a Retrospective museum of what Consumers had in the past. basically what you can find here on Jow Forums right now will become old tech and people like Clint will preserve and show people the technological past. But if you watch alot of LGR you can really tell what type of person Clint is and his past. alot of what he presents is from what he couldn't get as a child since his family was poor and his older sister dying of Cancer at an early age. He shows his passion to the world and gives experiences that people wouldn't be able to have like unboxing a IBM, or making a classic computer build and knowing what is compatible and not. (computers were very different in the 90s due to few industry standards). He is a good guy trying to make the best of things and is very chill. he doesn't try to yell into the Camera to get your attention. the most he ever shilled were socks and thats only in occasions when the sock company asks him for new designs and he doesn't expect anyone to buy them as well

Attached: 1489733643008.jpg (1080x1080, 99K)

His cooking channel is better than his main channel.

Why, you need a dragon dildo?

Only for some stuff.

Just because the list price is high doesn't mean there's buyers for them.

He couldn't be more of a fraud if he tried. Everything about him is an affectation, including his tryhard Duke Nukem voice.

>It's about as pointless as making a game like Planet X3.

You mean the one that he made because so many people enjoyed X2 and wanted a DOS sequel?

>40 year old platform
Did you mean x86?

Nigger, I just bought two books about programming for the Atari and the Intellivision because it's fun to do.

>Why the fuck hurr durr
why the fuck do you watch his shitty channel and start blog threads here? fuck right off

Probably not, someone sent him a fully loaded Indy and he showed it as best as he could, which isn't much since he doesn't know much about things outside playing and installing games
/thread
This isn't even Jow Forums, it's /vr/

Collecting things has no practical purpose

Jow Forums - Hateboners General

>Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform
What is demoscene?

ok man then YOU do a youtube channel

Did you not see the video of the "sexy" mouse that he trashed?

How the hell could he have been at the stuff this long (at least since the mid-90s when he was a kid) and not learned a single thing about programming or how a computer operates?

I wish I knew.

I hate this faggot so much.

What's Jow Forumss opinion on this nonce?

Attached: C8E40DBF-3EA2-4D6B-AD02-4B8CB70E229C.jpg (1920x1080, 159K)

His videos are interesting and his voice is pleasant for a Brit. Good shit

holy shit druaga got fat
and rich

I like his videos about obscure devices and/or media formats. Things like modern gadget reviews aren't as interesting simply because the things he has a look at are almost never something I care about/need.

I seriously thought he was dating that bitch.

Top lad

The only tech (((youtuber))) worth watching is Wendell from Level 1 Techs. The guy clearly has either an EE or CompE degree and actually knows what the fuck he's talking about unlike all these other hobbyist cucks.

Attached: abigail.jpg (356x436, 17K)

i like LGR and 8-bit guy. They're pretty chill and have a few interesting videos from time to time. But I fucking hate linustechtips or what his channel is called. And his videos always show up in my recommendations tab in youtube, because I watch LGR and 8-bit guy

(gaming historian is also really interesting while we're at it)

only non-cringe techtuber

KEK Clint is more alpha than any of you betas. I could beat the shit of you all

still does more than LGR

these desu

Ironically the only one that I can watch without my stomach revolving
>wendell

Wendell is the shittiest youtuber ever. His vids are gayfag gamer shit. All he does is install games from the wineHQ and make some shit video about it. Fuck that fat kike.

This is the stereotypical soiboi

so anyone can explain me all this "dating some bitch" and who is PUR?

I watch his channel but I've been out of Jow Forums for a while can any of you Jow Forumsays update me?

hi Clint. No we won't help you on your existencial crisis. Go to the shrink.

PUR is a YouTuber named Pushing Up Roses. She's a gamer he has played with in a few of his videos. Streams with him a few times.

This, honestly. It's not like he's trying to pass himself off as being an expert that he isn't or anything. He just likes these old things for sentimental reasons. He's completely harmless and it speak magnitudes about the bitter losers on this board that can manage to hate him somehow. LGR should inspire no more than indifference if his content isn't for you.

Clint looks as beta as Cody from that daddyofive scandal shit

Anyone wondering how many people are going to end up an hero'ing after trying to mod their consumer TVs for RGB support like in 8-bit boomer's latest video?

Attached: dio laugh.jpg (352x550, 30K)

LGR is hyper S O Y
Techmoan is is absolutely based and master tape pilled

Although he still cant hold a candle to curious marc

> not using an 128ch agilent logic analyzer to debug and look for single bit memory errors when repairing your XEROX ALTO

youtube.com/watch?v=Wr7vDZpniNI

> not fabricating parts and machining a hard disk drive platter in situ

youtube.com/watch?v=G_gKIvDgBHs

Attached: 916991c5-aa9c-492d-b83d-5fd3b5ce9633.png (1588x871, 958K)

This

Little too much audiophile for my tastes but still very top tier. Wish he would do a little more towards electronics though.

Agreed. The problem with audiophile content on youtube is that you as the viewer have really no way of experiencing whatever device they're using. It's sort of like cooking shows on TV where the person has to do stupid buzzword descriptions ad-libbed to try to describe what they're tasting, since you can't taste/smell it yourself. Likewise, you just end up hearing the audiophile use rosy language describing the sound he's hearing because you can't hear it yourself.

reddit.com/r/retrobattlestations/comments/4qz2ng/ported_basic_month_to_trs80_model_ii/

>stop having fun!
cringe

If you want electronics go to any of the dozens of electronics youtubers that cater to that market. FFS you've got:
EEVblog
Mr. Carlson's Lab
bigclive
devttys0
GreatScott!
The Signal Path
w2aew
The Post Apocalyptic Inventor
Afrotechmods
Radio Physics and Electronics
katkimshow
PhotonicInduction

and probably more that I fucking forgot. Techmoan has stated multiple times that he doesn't have a lot of experience with electronics and he's not an expert. He's smart enough to know his limitations, don't push him towards content that's not his area of expertise because the last thing the internet needs is MORE people that don't know what they're talking about.

>PhotonicInduction
how are they still alive?

>EEVblog
No thanks. I have sufficient helium dosage for today.

>his older sister dying of Cancer at an early age
wtf source?

AkBKukU. He's the smart or less clownly version of Druaga1.

He doesn't produce new content very often because he's angsty about the fact that they won't let him import his pajeet wife into Britain... ironically... but even still, it doesn't make his old content shit.

He's had industry experience and developed his own products as well as having made loads of videos. If you're gonna let a mildly annoying voice get in the way of the wealth of knowledge he has to give then that's a shame. Your loss.

Did you try to put your ideas in a commentary? The guy is very open to learn new tricks and tips from their viewers. I bet you knowledge will be useful to him in the future.

I don't like his thicc british accent.
I'll accept that loss then.
Seriously, that guy sounds like he has a serious prosody issue, apart of being australian

>Jow Forums
>constructive

Attached: 15 - 1.jpg (192x320, 21K)

>I can't figure out how to move the cursor around in MBASIC
I'm pretty sure it emulates the standard ADM-3A terminal codes.

I checked out the manual for Pickles & Trout CP/M (what I assume he's using) and apparently it has its own set of control codes, but you can install a module for ADM-3A emulation. In this case, CHR$(12) would clear the screen rather than the usual CHR$(26).

>I don't like his thicc british accent.
RAYCIS

I can't be raycist since I'm not white :^)

>He doesn't produce new content very often
i wasn't talking about the state of the channel but the dumb risks he sometimes takes

Then your opinion literally doesn't matter

>Nobody's gonna care about how to write assembly code on a fucking 40 year old platform. That's of no practical use to anyone.

Chief called me, he said this is it.

It mattered to you, since you replied.

>every video is 20 mins with half of it being unnecessary bullshit

The only good thing to come out of these youtuber hatorade threads is the occasional user posting tech channels i haven't seen. This Alto stuff looks pretty comfy

>imagine watching a balding cuck

Ironically, the only tech youtuber that I've seen and isn't a walking ad is EEVlog. He isn't fit, but he really looks like a man.
If only could talk like one, tho.

>When he removed all the expansion cards and got the power supply to work there was a clue that the power supply was not faulty. When he put in the CGA card and the power supply had issues again
I too found that particularly retarded. Anyone who's built a few computers in their time knows that if it doesn't work you should remove as much as possible and just test the most basic thing you can and re-add stuff until you find the problem.

>All he does is hoard old computers
Which all work.
>and play video games
And messes with their programming to interesting effects.
>Why the fuck doesn't he do something worth a damn with these things?
Because what you find worth a damn isn't worth a damn to him. His only responsibility is to be comfy about what he's doing and have a happy smile at the end of the day no matter what he's done that day, irrespective of some random irrelevant faggot's opinions like yourself.
>At least 8 bit boomer develops games and repairs things.
Well this guy doesn't repair things because his shit just works, so an absence of a problem ain't a problem.
As far as developing games goes, if you're gonna whine about video gaymes then at least have the consistency to go the full road and say that both playing video gaymes and developing them, the entire field as a whole, is manchild soicuck shit.

>OP whines about some guy on YouTube having fun and doing worthless shit
>gets called out on his example in the form of 8bitboomer also doing worthless shit
>people jump to defend worthless shit being done oblivious to the irony because "my worthless shit is better than your worthless shit"
It's pretty hilarious.

I won't be able to find the Source i think he stated it durring a 90s PC build, A GPU or I think in a need for speed video since he had a specific Need for Speed Title that he couldn't play as a kid but would always look at the box. It's a rabbit hole but i would strongly suggest the Hotwheels videos. from what i remember she died in her mid teens durring the late 90'.
How is he a Fraud. He does what he loves? If you think he's doing it for the money well he's been doing it wrong for the past 9 years with 959K Subs. I've Watched him since 2012 and watched all his software and periphiral videos as well. He even has a Food channel as well.
youtube.com/channel/UCz9uUFDhsPYii-ZihoKsbPg
Just like said, he's a great person. He's Ghandi compared to alot of people that go on this site.
Besides, so he makes Impressions of his Favortie Character, People do the Cringy 'Niko niko ni~' thing and thats perfectly ok. Just like other like me like making Vtec noises and Anti-Lag backfire noises at times pretending my car can haul real ass.
Do you need a Hug?

Attached: 1483499593680.jpg (550x412, 107K)

IDK how techmoan could be classified as an audiophile. Your typical audiophile wouldn't dare touch a cassette tape or any analog format outside of vinyl or dare touch half the equipment techmoan has.
He does like good audio and is willing to pay more than the average person would for a pair of speakers or something, I guess that could make him an audiophile depending on your definition but unlike most audiophiles he is senseable with no magical power cables or any of that non-sense