pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Previous thread:

Attached: 103.jpg (750x750, 74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000
kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router
arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6183-Cable-Signal-Levels
ilovefreesoftware.com/12/featured/price-comparison-extension-chrome.html
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editthiscookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg/reviews
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

How do I heterosex

is programming really as boring as it looks? also, is it true that if you can't understand pointers and recursion, then you should never become a programmer?

Eat healthy, go to the gym, think about improving yourself, and bitches will come to you.

I think so. Not anything I'd want to do. Seems like a neet autistic field of work.

I am having a fucking ballbusting session with installing a different OS on a w10 laptop.

W7 wont even recognize the fucking drives during installation and will tell me to fuck off unless i have the drivers, changing usb ports to 2.0 doesnt work either.

I tried with W8 and it also tells me to fuck off because i cant install on a gtp drive.

GNU/LINUX is out of the question as it isnt mine and a normal NEEDS office and microshit software.

Any ideas? Should i nuke the drive and get it running as MBR or what else?

Attached: 1468185848110.png (600x615, 258K)

Reposting

Is there any way to install apps into the internal storage of a Android 4 phone? It says it's got 2 gigs free in there but for some fucking reason it goes for the phone storage what the fuck please help

Why does my fps on my main monitor drop to shit when I have a video on my second monitor?

You can use all the windows stuff in wine on linux.

You're doubling your resolution...

What the fuck are you talking about.

i have the same problem. i asked this in the last thread but got completely retarded answers. im about to drop the whole monitor and just use the one (laptop). whats the fucking problem come on nerds

You have two monitors of the same resolution. If you turn one off, the video card is only working to display half the pixels. You're using both of them, doubling the displayed resolution. Are you retarded?

My roflcopter goes onions onions onions onions onions onions

For one I'm not talking about having any performance problems just connecting a monitor.
My main monitor is 144hz/1440p and my second one is a 1080p 60hz.
I can run 500 videos in the background and my FPS wouldn't give a shit. The problem is when I put a video on my second monitor it caps my FPS on my main monitor. Presumably because the video is capping the framerate on all my monitors to 30 fps or whatever fps the video runs at.
It's definitely not lack of power.

>Presumably because the video is capping the framerate
This is probably what is happening. What video player are you using?

Why doesn't this get rid of all the annoying warnings after compilation? Urls have long-strings-like-this in them btw.
tex.stackexchange.com/questions/289477/underfull-hbox-badness-10000

>I can run 500 videos in the background and my FPS wouldn't give a shit.
If they're in the background, they aren't being displayed.

Is a SSD worth it if I'm still on SATA2?

Yeah.

MPC-HC
I haven't changed anything about my video player in forever though. It just started one day. It also happens when using the basic windows player.

Great. It's still not performance related.

>Great. It's still not performance related.
Then what are you complaining about?
>hurrdurr muh gaymes goes slower whens I has two monitors displaying vidya.
>it werkz when vidya isn't displayed
>im not retard. no you.

so I found out I'm on band 2 of ATT. so does this mean that I just need to know that a phone is compatible with band 2 and I will get LTE/volte with it?

Does it only happen when the video is in fullscreen mode? If you're on W7, try it with disabled composition if it's enabled, or vice versa. Have you tried MPV? If nothing else, you could try tricking it into thinking the display it's on is 144hz with
display-fps=

What's a sensible sleep period in an always true while loop for a homemade tool which tails a log file?

>band 2 of ATT
Band 2 doesn't mean anything.
Are you referring to 1900MHz?

I think there might be something weird going on with my coax line, and I want to try grounding the tap that I'm using as a splitter. Can I just run the wire from the ground in a wall socket to the tap? This would be temporary to make sure the fix works.

Tap is similar to picture attached.

Attached: t006_r12740_v3.jpg (250x250, 9K)

If it's for home use, whatever you want. Also it depends on how quickly the log file is changing.

100ms would be fine, so would a second, or 20 seconds.

>I think there might be something weird going on with my coax line
Has the temperature dropped where you are located?
Most issues with coax are due to weather/temp, or animals eating it.
You shouldn't need to ground the splitter. Most home lines don't have DCV going over coax.

No you cant

yes (i think)

It has dropped recently, but this has been an intermittent issue since summer. A guy is coming out tomorrow to look at it anyway, but the first guy didn't find anything so I'm not hopeful.

Yes, that's literally what Wine is for, you dumb shit.

Then you can use it on any network that offers services on towers they lease which operate at that frequency.

Did he hook up a power meter to it?
What is it being used for (internet, TV, etc)?

Ree Ree here.

>Be me
> Shit hp pavilion hasn't been turned on in 4 years(no joke)
> Install Linux mint 64 and cinnamon
> Can't download pyhon 3.6
> Here you need to use timeshift because of cinnamon
> Timeshift doesn't work
> Suddenly realize nothing fucking works
> Shoot self in foot
> Am I eating out of the trash?
> This may be my doing by I want to blame hp

How fix?

how fix?

Attached: chrome_2018-10-15_18-00-42.png (485x267, 11K)

Also happens when windowed. I just tried out MPV which does work. Just a bit of a shame to setup livestreamer and all that jazz up again.

I didn't even mention games you sperg. Just moving a video to my second monitor doesn't magically increase the load by a trillion %.

Dont use mint
Dont use cinnamon

He hooked up a meter of some kind to it and said the signal is good, between the +-7 window and all that. But it's intermittent so that doesn't mean much in the moment.

It's currently only being used for internet until this issue is solve (first thing they say is take everything else off). But I'd like to run it to my TV again someday.

Suggestions my man?

stop using apple products

Arch+fluxbox

Why does my system lock up when im transfering date from two separate disks that dont have the os on them?

>I didn't even mention games
You said FPS.

this
debian and xfce

Switching to pretend trolling won't hide your shame you brought unto yourself and your family, user.

The max for unsigned long on my machine is 18446744073709551615. When I do

unsigned long i = ULONG_MAX

it works fine.

But when i do

unsigned long i = 18446744073709551615

I get "warning: integer constant is so large that it is unsigned"

What's going on here?

>is programming really as boring as it looks? also, is it true that if you can't understand pointers and recursion, then you should never become a programmer?

Programming is as interesting as what you're working on. Which can run the gamut even in a single job. As for recursions and pointers, you need to know where to use them, but you will rarely use them.

>He hooked up a meter of some kind to it and said the signal is good, between the +-7 window
Do you know what he was measuring?
If it's dBm, then that is a huge window. Should probably look at it with a spectrum analyzer or a tool to see if there is any VSWR.

How much space is necessary to install ubuntu and the basic programs for a dual boot?
I don't think my small 120GB SSD is going to make it.
I basically have just windows and Visual Studio / SQL Server and I only got 45GB left.

FPS isn't used when talking about movies, that's a gaymen lingo. Construct your description of your problem better, and you will get better answers.

That's plenty of space

I run it on a 16GB partition. Works fine.

Ok. Thanks. I will do it.

He was measuring dBmV. The thing is +-7 is considered good by all the cable modem manufacturers I've seen. Here is a link from Netgear stating +-7 is good: kb.netgear.com/24311/Power-level-guidelines-for-a-NETGEAR-cable-modem-router

And another one claiming to be from Arris: arris.secure.force.com/consumers/articles/General_FAQs/SB6183-Cable-Signal-Levels

I got it to work by putting UL at the end of it.

is there any way to have a tabbed Windows Explorer without installing Chinese adware

A 15dB span accounts for over 25x power difference. Also, power doesn't always mean the signal is clean. If it's over amplified at the source so it can reach the destination, there could be considerable noise, resulting in a lot of CRC errors, and 'slow' speeds, because of all of the retransmissions needed to pass the data.

Is there any way to get fast, native like performance in a linux VM on a windows host? I need linux for productivity and all the VM solutions i've tried have slow as balls graphics, even with a lightweight DE.

Fair points man, and I hope my technician tomorrow is even half as knowledgeable about this as you are, because then for sure I'll have a clean signal.

I've replaced literally everything from the wall (and even the connectors on the wall) to the modem and router. Whatever it is it's not really something I can throw (more) money at other than have techs come out.

Just curious though going back to my original question, would it have been safe to ground it that way? As you said it doesn't need it but I'm curious if it would've acted as a proper ground.

>would it have been safe to ground it that way?
It shouldn't need to be grounded.

Run a continuous ping to 8.8.8.8. Let it go for at least 10 minutes, and just watch it for any time outs or changes in latency.

Thanks

What's the best, least botnet browser for iOS? I'm using brave right now even though it's a big meme.

Whatever it comes with.

Is there any problem with buying NEW ancient PSUs? Theres some nice, 14mm fan, modular PSUs on sale, Cougar CMX but everything I've found on those PSUs is like 5 years old, guess this store is trying to get rid of them.

I understand it doesn't need to be grounded. I was just asking if it would've worked as a ground for coax. Nbd.

> ping 8.8.8.8

Attached is a screenshot of pingplotter to 8.8.8.8 for the last 48 hours. All the red parts are when I have outages. This has been mostly stable compared to a few days back which was almost entirely red.

Attached: Screenshot_10-15-2018_1539643364_001.jpg (1659x699, 218K)

Safari?

>Is there any problem with buying NEW ancient PSUs?
Warranty.

No external things, like weather?
Is it coax from your modem to a box on the corner of the street? Do you live in an apartment?

Ask your neighbors if they are seeing outages as well.

Is there a website or extension i can use to combine sites like ebay, amazon and aliexpress to compare prices

Ree Ree x2

Where can I learn Linux command line to prepare for arch? I want all corners lightened before I attempt this.

ilovefreesoftware.com/12/featured/price-comparison-extension-chrome.html

The problem could also be in the upstream spectrum which for DOCSIS 3.0 usually only have 60Mhz of bandwidth, often below 80Mhz. You or other subscribers could have something transmitting noise in that frequency range, causing a drop in internet connection.

snap vs flatpak sandbox
which is better?

Is there any program out there that actually does a good job of ripping music off of spotify?

I've tried a few programs but they just take the information from spotify for the file names and than download a bunch of garbage from somewhere else.

Thanks

Meh, been getting that too. Similar with Youtube. Asked a few /sqt/ threads ago, got nadda.

I've been using EditThisCookie to clear Jow Forums/youtube Cookies:
chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/editthiscookie/fngmhnnpilhplaeedifhccceomclgfbg/reviews

Which solves the problem temporarily, but it comes back after awhile.

I notice threads with TeX on /sci/ seem to particularly aggravate it.

No clue what's causing it, beyond that.

Attached: cookie too big.jpg (1200x630, 125K)

Fuuucking Apple getting even more annoying every day.

Can anyone help me revert iTunes 12.8 to an older version?

I'm running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5

I'm trying to uninstall iTunes 12.8 and go back to a 12.4.3 or something, which I have the installer for, but:

1) When running the old version installer, it closes and says "A newer version of iTunes is installed".

2) Trying to manually delete by running command 'sudo rm -rf/Applications/iTunes.app' just yields an error saying:
"rm: illegal option -- /
usage: rm [-f | -i] [-dPRrvW] file ...
unlink file
User:~ User$ "

So these iTunes files are 'locked', and trying to delete them in Finder say I can't do that because 'iTunes is essential for OS X to function'. SUREly there's a way around this I'm not thinking of, right?!

How do I decide if I should go desktop or notebook? For some reason it's cheaper to buy a good notebook than a building a average pc where I live

Attached: Object (2)_4.jpg (230x234, 17K)

where do I find the dev version of clover?

>macshit
Found your problem.

is volte an absolute 100% necessity when getting a phone
I'm with att so my options are extremely limited

Suppose you could boot with LiveCD or some such and find and kill the thing, but I suspect OSX will just reacquire it when it starts.

bls respond
I used a search engine but all I get is archive replies of people bitching about floens

Take the name of the artist and album name and put them in to a torrent tracker

Has anyone else using Jow Forums X been having performance/lag problems initiated by the retarded captcha?

What are you trying to use it for?

with all of the native features the board has now, 4chanx is just bloat
what features do you think you need that arent native?

Is it common for an SD card to just fail mid operation?

I was moving a bunch of things off it, hundreds of thousands of little files and whatever. In retrospect I should have zipped it first but I didn't. Anyway, it got to about 98% complete after many hours and then just seemed to stop for a bit.
I figured I'd pause and resume the process (Windows), but then it just completely froze up when I tried pausing, and after restarting Windows Explorer because it was being unresponsive, my card no longer works

Did it die when it hung during the transfer at 98%? You'd think it'd be because I restarted explorer but that was only after it hung in the first place

Attached: jose-mourinho-worried.png (562x351, 371K)

Oneechan, which requires Jow Forums X.

what brand?
cheap shit tier solid state memory will fail whenever the fuck it wants, sry user

The better filters and special captcha

Oneechan is dead and deprecated

Is there any point in getting say Corsair Vengeance ram over Corsair Value Select ram?

Ram is expensive enough as it is and i dont want to spend cash on dumb gayman elite pro ram if it doesnt make a performance difference

>filtering
I dont see an "import" option and im not copypasting all my filters from all the boards i go to over the years. They also only support 6 filter types, nor do i belive 4chans native filtering supports very long strings to filter.
>sauce
I dont see any options for adding one click image search.
>archive
I dont see any options for linking to any archive websites to retrieve images/posts.
>noscript captcha
Missing
>keybinds
Only 12 keybinds are in the native extension, with no ways too add more.
>filenames
No way to alter the displayed filename or the downloaded filename
>stylechan
Custom css is there but its limited when themeing

Otherfag who had the captcha-lagging-out-browser problem.
I just checked no script captcha and the performance problems were fixed, also this captca is great.
I never had this shit turned on because it just didn't work at the start of the year.
I guess it got fixed in the meantime.
It speaks volumes though about JS.
God i hate JS. Every fucking software that i see having performance issues bottles down to me finding out it is coded in JS.
This entire language should be banned.

I set a theme and UI on day 1 and since then haven't had to change anything nor care about updates (since i don't need to change anything and nothing is broken to this day), so in the end your post is the deprecated entity in this discussion.

Attached: flamethrower.jpg (1406x810, 189K)

Is this a new copypasta? Swear I've seen this posted numerous times now.

if you're autistic like me, it's very fun. It's like a puzzle to me.

It was a Samsung, it's actually lasted me a while, but as I choose to transfer something off it for once in a long time, it just seemed to have given up
At 98% it just seems like a cruel joke, I don't understand it

okay thats fair, just that 99% of users don't need any of that so I assumed youd be happy with native features
4chanx a shit imo, I abandoned it years ago

>you will rarely use them.
depends on what field you go into

>just that 99% of users don't need any of that
You are a spokesperson for 99% of society about as much as pic related retards are, and you sound like one of them.

Attached: Nu-Western DNA.jpg (1164x1200, 686K)