On October 6, 2017...

>On October 6, 2017, Mozilla announced a test where less than 1% of users downloading Firefox in Germany would receive a version with Cliqz software included. The feature provides recommendations directly in the browser's search field, for news, weather, sports, and other websites, based on the user's browsing history and activities. The press release noted that "Users who receive a version of Firefox with Cliqz will have their browsing activity sent to Cliqz servers, including the URLs of pages they visit," and that "Cliqz uses several techniques to attempt to remove sensitive information from this browsing data before it is sent from Firefox."[7]

The fuck was this shit? That's >9999 times worse than the Mr Robot stunt.

Attached: 1200px-Firefox_Logo,_2017.svg.png (1200x1200, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872551609819&w=2
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i can only guess someone infiltrated mozilla and is trying to destroy it from within. that shit would never fly in ten thousand years. the fourth german reich will rise and fall, leaving Earth under the scourge of the Manshonyaggers before this is a thing.

(((Cliqz)))

I hate what they're doing with Mozilla/Firefox.
But I just can't get used to Chrome(ium), Vivaldi, Opera, etc.
I could get use to Safari, but then I would need to Hackintosh.
Fucking WHY.tiff

did firefox or cliqz make any attempt to go into detail about these advanced sensitive information removing "techniques"?

I use multiple browsers, Firefox was always my favourite but fuck me, even just the look of neo firefox is disgusting, an abomination to the eyes, and then add onto it more & more ethics violations. They can fuck right off. I've been using pale moon, find it aesthetically pleasing, think there may be some memory leak issues with it but that's par for the course with browsers it seems.

sadly there's no alternative browser. all the firefox forks are retarded, unmaintained messes with memory leaks, broken/old out of date extensions and so on. and they'll never be more than that

the only real alternative is qutebrowser. it's that or firefox. i might switch to it eventually, but man treestyletabs is too convenient, along with a handful of other extensions. sucks that webextensios gimped them and made them buggy as shit, but it's still good enough for better or worse

So long old friend.

There wasn't even an option to not install it? Was it just plain hidden?

Attached: zizek i would prefer not to.jpg (415x476, 28K)

Wow. Good thing I use UnGoogled Chromium.

FREETARDS BTFO

More like (((((((recommendations))))))

Attached: 1502404931068.png (793x595, 312K)

Most of this crap can be disabled by disabling experiments in about:config. Had something recently where they installed an addon that would send data back to determine if the user had telemetry disabled. Let that sink in. They gathered telemetry on users who had specifically disabled it to see if they had disabled it.

Just buy apple, mang. Guaranteed no hassle. You're not poor, right?

What is Palemoon and Waterfox. Or use Edge fuck if I care.

Attached: 1539184489639.jpg (480x360, 10K)

afaik this ONLY happened IF you hadn't removed testpilot from settings

it came from testpilot which you could have removed from the allowed to install list if you had a look in settings

Mozilla/FF is non-profit in name only, they have been infiltrated by greedy self serving product managers and programmers who are so enveloped in ad-tech world they're blind to their sins.

post yfw you dont use firefox or chromeshit

Attached: 1535507218675.jpg (640x732, 40K)

daily reminder that comodo icedragon is still a better browser

This wouldn't have happened if the users had checked the software against the correct MD5 hash.

>all the firefox forks are retarded, unmaintained messes with memory leaks, broken/old out of date extensions and so on.
Wanna run that by my Palememe again?

Attached: trtrtjte.png (1303x648, 79K)

I'm guessing VSCode?

>spending over twice the price for inferior hardware just because it has a half eaten apple logo planted on it

Use Chrome
marc.info/?l=openbsd-misc&m=152872551609819&w=2

>i can only guess someone infiltrated mozilla and is trying to destroy it from within
no infiltration needed. mozilla does that just fine by itself

>freetard complaining that his free lunch in fact isn't free
kek, the absolute stat of npcs and poorpeople

>money is more worth than time
t.teenager poorfag

I'd love to not use Firefox, but I hate everything about Chrome and the browsers based on it, from basic things like the way it displays fonts to the lack of customisation possible. Firefox is shit, but it's STILL the best web browser around.

>spreading fake news
wew lad

>f-f-f-fake news!

Nice try, far-left cumshitter.

Attached: mozilla miti.png (894x387, 70K)

i question why you have 8200 tabs open, or why you would need it, or why a browser not loading a tab into memory at all times would make it "good" in your eyes

improve tab management
hackintosh does not take long.
most people arent paid $1400 per hour.

The point is that your browser can't handle it.

>far-left
spotted the burger

hi

Wtf is the appeal of pale moon, literally the worst browser since internet explorer before windows 7. It came pre-installed in a distro I tried out and its bars at the top took up half the screen for no fucking reason other than shitty design. Who tf would want to use that piece of shit.