If Windows is so great

If Windows is so great, how come shitty small/medium-size businesses use Windows exclusively, where huge corporations and government/military institutions make ample use of F/LOSS and non-Microsoft products.

>shitty no name software company
All Microsoft stack. C#, SQL Server, etc.
>FAANG et al.
Linux or BSD all over. F/LOSS technologies like Go, Docker, various database implementations, you name it.

>shitty regional bank
All Excel all the time (unless custom MS-SQL app)
>Bulge bracket banks, hedge funds
R, Python, even OCaml for data analysis

If you have to be a shit-tier Enterprise programmer, much better to be stuck in Oracle/Java land than C#/MS-SQL land.

Conclusion: Windows is not as good as advertised. Enjoy your Photoshop and AAA games!

Attached: msft_nog.jpg (1280x868, 114K)

>how come shitty small/medium-size businesses use Windows exclusively, where huge corporations and government/military institutions make ample use of F/LOSS
Windows comes pre-installed on the computer you buy so you're going to use that to do whatever it is you need a computer to do.

Big corporations have IT departments and special needs and resources. It's not hard to understand why they'd use more FLOSS games.

Don't underestimate the power of pre-installed. I've helped a lot of people with trivial computer things over the years. Most can't install a web browser on their own and use MSIE or EDGE or whatever comes pre-installed. Can't expect those people to install GNU/Linux themselves.. but they'd probably happily use it if it came pre-installed; indeed they'd have no choice since installing Windows or something else would be beyond them

The point wasn't to ask why SMEs use Windows, it was to use their use of Windows to demonstrate Windows's inferiority.

>windows is shit
yeah great thread what other news will i see today

umm... sweaty

Attached: 1530633080168.png (1050x768, 102K)

>Windows so huge they have to divide up the distros
>LINUX so small they combine the hundreds of distros into one.

Windows and all of Microsoft stack is full of spyware. No wonder serious companies don't want Microsoft spybot in their systems. Even their .NET SDK comes with spyware, which is another reason why companies don't want .NET stack

Attached: 1534935983694.jpg (1291x3600, 610K)

>there are more small business than big ones
You literal brainlet microcock sucker, you are proving OPs point

I'm pretty sure Amazon uses windows on their regular PC fleet for most employees.
You can't expect normies to use fringe OSes that have zero support.

I know a guy who is a dev at Amazon and he's a windows guy.

Attached: amazon-dog-ht-04-jpo-180417_hpEmbed_9x7_608.jpg (608x472, 51K)

Also I worked for the government and it's pretty much 100% windows.

Nice source faggot.
>pulled it out of my ass

>everything I don't like is spyware
>I can't afford it so it's spyware
>people that made this are more productive than me so it's spyware

When dealing with scale, licenses add up. These large companies don't want to pay license fees on their hundreds of servers.

>more people using Server 2003 than Server 2016

Lmao. I wanted to like Server 2016 but it is such garbage compared to Server 2012.

You know that graph divided it up by company size and provided you wrong right?

This shows it. When freetards say "UNIX owns the server", what they're too stupid to realise is that it owns the WEB server. The weird CUSTOM server. SQL Server is huge. Active Directory is huge. The vastest majority of servers you'll see in corporate - large or small - are running Windows Server. Anyone who says otherwise is an uninformed brainlet at best, and assblasted freetard at worst.

Attached: 1535576311698.jpg (227x200, 15K)

>on their regular PC fleet
OP is referring to the stuff that actually matters, not user based shit.

>freetards
>UNIX
What? Do you mean Linux?

.NET stack is free but it's a spyware.

>stuff that actually matters
>not user based shit.

Attached: 1523519207984.gif (267x219, 717K)

Okay, pajeet. Calm down.

autism

This.

It's an object lesson in how shut-in your average freetard is. They've never even seen beyond "the glass doors", so don't know how much Windows Server is around. All they see is that hot-trap-vids.wordpress.com and other shitty websites they frequent are hosted on Linux, and think it's the whole world. Bottom line is that MS CALs are an expensive bitch, and so anything that's anonymous/unrestricted access is going to be hosted on Linux because it's cheap, not some ideologically-driven notion of technological superiority.

>The weird CUSTOM server
You mean the server that actually runs the software that runs the business and makes money? That's what "custom" means.

I'm not saying Outlook and AD aren't useful, but what's more important to a hedge fund: the servers running their trading algos, or their email/calendar servers?

both are equally important in their operation. They just want the magic boxes to do their job, they don't give a shit how or what it runs on as long as its reliable.

Kekd

Most military computers are windows. Never seen any memes about NMCI have you?

>Most military computers are windows.
In which country? All of the Russian military uses Astra GNU/Linux.

Sounds like something they would do.

small businesses and even some medium sized ones need a just werks solution.
and pretty much like said.
Let me give you an example, there are people who like to tune their cars, knows with intimate detail every nook and cranny, the physics behind how their motor works and the properties of each metal alloy that is used.
Some others just want to turn a fucking key, get on board, push the gas pedal and go. Yeah, for the first group, the second is full of disgusting peasants that dont care for MUH customization and optimization.
In many aspects of your life, you are in the second group, think about it.
Also you are naming goverment institutions as examples of optimization in resources. There can be cases, yes, but your argument shows that you never worked in goverment. Most of dem goverments are full of shit people with shit skills and will fuck you over any optimization efforts that they will perceive as more work for them.
TL; DR: Need to go outside mom's basement more often to see how the real world works.

>F/LOSS
is this a new fortnite dance dad?

Attached: 1537873192948.jpg (1600x1375, 301K)

>Astra GNU/Linux.

Why the fuck would we care about what a third world country is doing? They can't even have a functional fake democracy for fuck sake.