I just failed my first Data Structures exam today. How the fuck am I suppose to get good at this shit? I don't get it...

I just failed my first Data Structures exam today. How the fuck am I suppose to get good at this shit? I don't get it. The book I have is fucking terrible and barely provides any examples to work with. Are there any books out there that have exercises/problems that you can do on your own? My class is in C++. I really don't want to fail this class.

Attached: sad_pepe__feels_bad_man__vector_by_hirussai-d8uq43y.png (917x871, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

open.kattis.com/
visualgo.net/en
twitter.com/AnonBabble

dumb frogposter

no u

I liked the free online book "Open data structures"

OP here nevermind I figured it out.

>redditfrog

Thanks
Not me

>Being this new

Wtf are you doing I'm the op and I said I already figured it out fuck off

You're a funny guy, did you go to funny guy school or is it natural talent?

Data structures is probably the worst class you’ll take as a programmer. It’s all just memorization. At least with algorithms there are general techniques. I failed my first midterm too and got an A in my class. Keep at it. Don’t let it get inside your head.

>How the fuck am I suppose to get good at this shit?
Implement them.

Make a list of all the data structures, pick one from a hat, and then implement it with tests and derive the complexity. Verify, and repeat until you've done them all.

Don't try to memorize code or functions. Just how they work, so that you can write your own code that does it.

Any advice for doing well in this class? I'm not allowed to use the STL so everything feels tedious as fuck. And how the fuck are you suppose to actually "study" for the exams? It seems like it's one of those classes where there is no actual studying, you either know it or you don't.

Dumb brainlet.

That's why I'm asking for a book that provides exercises and what not, so I can actually practice them on my own. Sitting here and trying to read/study code isn't helpful at all

Bump

open.kattis.com/

I'm not looking for random algorithm challenges, more like shit that helps you practice certain concepts like hash tables and binary trees.

You're a brainlet. Kill yourself now to save the society resources, and better luck next life. Best wishes.

dumb redditfrogposter

self sufficiency is part of the game

if you can't find bettering material to learn by yourself that means you won't be good in a field where trouble-shooting is crucial

That makes no fucking sense

visualgo.net/en

Linked list:

typedef struct frog;
struct frog {
char * name
boolean dumb;
struct frog * next;
}
Easy

For Kattis, just focus on the lower level questions if u want to solidify some fundamentals.

If you really want to start from ground zero and have an interactive learning / simulation environment to reinforce your learning, then Visualgo is a good channel to start with.

My lecturer created this website and he uses it for his main course material. I found it very useful and the cohort generally does very well.

Looks solid, I'll check it out

Do the projects and homework well. I pretty much sucked at every exam but still graduated college with good grades.

>I just failed my first Data Structures exam today

How? Literally the easiest class ever in the easiest major.

> The book I have is fucking terrible and barely provides any examples to work with

Go with the classic: Data Structures and Algorithms by Aho, Ullman, and Hopcroft

Algorithms by sedgewick and some other guy is pretty good, just grab a pdf from the Web

>typedef
Spotted the retard.

>char * name
Use std::string or fix size arrays

>struct frog * next;
Use std::unique_ptr so you have trivial destructors

>Algorithms by sedgewick and some other guy is pretty good

It's in Java so it's trash. Algorithm in C++ is better but too thicc for beginners.

How the fuck is it easy? I guess maybe it's because my time is split with the other classes I have, but I think the issue is I'm not getting enough practical knowledge out of the class to really understand it

i love you frogposter

Get understanding, not knowing.

What's the difference?

dumb frogposter

why is neo-Jow Forums filled with brainlets

If you just implement each structure in your language of choice even one time you should end up being pretty familiar with said structure.