Should we turn back before it is too late?

Should we turn back before it is too late?

youtube.com/watch?v=gqUv60pFi88

Attached: Gaming-Addiction.jpg (1440x900, 152K)

It already crossed the line.

>sand niggers
we should push harder

>we'll be living in a society

Do explain. I want a throughout discussion on VR, morality, and the disease that are video games. And tech, as it related to mankind.

..I am disgusted at how much video games are constantly propped as innocent entertainment.

They are not. They are in a realm different than watching actors or listening to music. I know they are, but I can't put it into words. Someone help me understand this gut feeling.

I now regard them as evil, not because of violence or some shit, but because they pass as games, when in reality they are a portal to self-eradication, robing you away from self-reflection, self-discovery and self-determination. They numb your thoughts, fog your inner vision, waste your precious time, and you get a fucking joke of an improvement called hand-eye coordination.

Is this what it feels to unplug? I have been completly off video games for a few months now, but for some reason, they now elicit a visceral disgust.

Attached: unplug.jpg (1063x571, 371K)

I can relate to that feeling.
Ever since I drastically reduced my game time, I feel more productive, happier.

Meanwhile I see my girlfriend's weekly WoW raids as shameful and disgusting, and I can't understand why she doesn't share my point of view.

vr will never be a problem the cia mandate to make games shit is already in effect and has been for about a decade.
there wont be any games good enough to hook players like you faggots seem to think

video games aren't any worse than any other media
don't confuse the message with the medium
you're wasting time watching tv and movies too

What can video games do that other activities can't do better?

You might be wasting time watching TV, but TV doesn't ask of of you your energy nor does it hijack your reward neurocircuitry, nor does it lie to you with dopamine that you have achieved something worthwhile.

nice toes on that freak. would love to suck on it.

it's called growing up

I feel what you're saying user but I still believe some games have value.

Attached: IMG_2570.jpg (1397x791, 192K)

Yes

that question is unrelated to the point, but they're interactive, obviously

It is your own mortality that you're feeling. The world is inevitably going to change, and as much you might go back to whatever state you perceive as safe and natural, you cannot do anything about the passage of time. We shed our humanity, as we have done before, and become something else.

It's all about self-discipline.

Games have the biggest potential to teach. Game theory is a powerful tool.

The most popular video games of today focus on things like reaction times and strategy, which aren't exactly applicable skills in the modern era. But what about typing games? Or math games?

With VR right around the corner, I'm sure you can see the possibilites.

Attached: ss_01b17ed561bcc2369536c30ffec2cf3bb8918966.1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 703K)

The video is more about the military using VR for war and control. You control a robot that goes out and kill people while thinking it's just a video game. In a truly immersive VR, you wouldn't be able to tell. Even if you did found out, you'd be turned into a target.

This doesn't make any fucking sense though. What about people who decide to fuck about in the game? What, does one of the war bots just start dabbing repeatedly? So some Afghani war lord is going to be skulking around in the desert one night, and he's going to come across a bunch of dipshit death-bots who're just teabagging each other or some shit. Tell me nobody'd try to steal a tank and do a demolition derby with it. What about if they just decide not to kill the enemy? What if somebody puts up their hands, and the player thinks "hmm, I wonder what happens if I don't kill them", "is that how I get the good ending?". What if somebody sees themselves on the news? So Osama gets put down by a death bot squad, and the players responsible aren't going to notice? They aren't going to notice that they just so happened to be enacting an identical raid at the exact same time as Osama was being killed irl? No, making them look blue and transparent won't stop being from realising that they act awfully similarly to real people.

This makes no fucking sense.

>What about people who decide to fuck about in the game?
I don't think you'd be allowed to. It'll probably be advertised as a more serious type of game that has real life consequences.

Also, soldiers in real life fuck around too.

>What about if they just decide not to kill the enemy?
They'd get kicked from the game.

>is that how I get the good ending?"
It's not the linear story-mode driven game you're thinking of. It's probably more mission oriented.

>What if somebody sees themselves on the news?
They won't know they're the robot doing the killing, nor would such things ever reach the media.

Your thinking is way too child-like.

Dude, multiplayer shooters are childlike. I remember player Arma 3, which is a hardcore military simulation game, and a dude was trying to see if he could use a dual-rotor helicopter to slingload an APC so he could put it on top of an apartment complex in the middle of the AO. People do wacky shit in multiplayer games, even if they aren’t necessarily trolling. I just don't buy it that nobody'd, not once, decide to be a bit of a jackass for one mission. Someone might do something as simple as paint their name/clan tag into a wall with bullets (which people do in literally every game), and that could blow their cover. You can't coax people into secrecy if they don't know that they're meant to be keeping a secret.

>child shoots six of his teammates, destroying two billion dollars worth of military hardware and utterly botching a strategically important covert operation, with long-reaching repercussions for the whole war
>gets banned and his mom has to buy him a new game licence
I could buy an Ender's Game kind of situation, where it's one brilliant strategist getting duped into fighting a war, but leaving warfare in the hands of random strangers sounds phenomenally dumb.

>Mice on cocaine