9900k 90C on custom loop at 5ghz

techpowerup.com/248595/gigabyte-z390-oc-guide-suggests-intel-9000-series-processors-will-run-hot-even-with-custom-watercooling

Attached: 1529673167499.png (1280x720, 1.56M)

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconlottery.com/collections/pinnacleridge
techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-overclocked-above-58ghz
hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/
techpowerup.com/forums/threads/can-disabling-hyperthreading-increase-single-core-performance.225564/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

In the words of that one tripfag, 90C is fine.

>90C
>C
Miss me with your commie shit.

>no i7 or i9 has ever been a 95watt tdp in the last several years
>no class action lawsuit

I'm confused by this.

They are by spec. But custom boards don't adhere to spec. Look up i7-8700 medion erazer computerbase. You'll find an interesting article showing how much performance is lost when you limit these cpus to their official specifications.

welp at the price of the 9900k add the price of the chiller like people add the price of expensive ram to amd cpu's

This is fine.

>"We suggest you use a water cooler"
>"We suggest to adjust the TjMAX Temperature to 110°C."
>95w TDP
>My ass
Intlelaviv flamethrower status confirmed.

Thing is you can get away with less expensive ram if you find Ryzen optimized ram. The dimms are physically different from generic dimms. Plus memory compatibility is significantly better nowadays, and there are tools to help you get up to reasonable speeds on any memory ic. You also don't have to worry about needing a motherboard capable of handling 270+ amps of current just to get the performance you'll see in third party reviews stock. Then there's the whole issue that the 9900k costs at least 80% more not even accounting for other variables in the platform cost. Hell, they couldn't even make the 9900k look like a good value comparing against the 2700x running on 4c/8t.

they should start including fire extinguishers, christ

Hey Ryzen, it's cool and all you're giving intel some kicks, but you never, ever ever will steal an entire CPU generation from intel like i did.

Attached: 6502.png (584x263, 156K)

i know zen is a way better architecture and AMD in general is doing good CPUs, i was just saying to the intlel shills, they always bitch about the ram prices (even tho you can buy cheap ram and overclock it) but when their best cpu gets in fire in a water cooler they dont say nothing

>the intlel starts to defend a 50yo cpu and hits itself in his confusion

I'm just here to cause PTSD on intel employees.

Attached: z80a.jpg (579x315, 25K)

HOUSEFIRE CONFIRMED

Attached: intel housefire.jpg (2048x1370, 319K)

Cool, but did you stole a whole segment of computing?

Attached: acorn-arm-evaluation-system.jpg (1200x797, 525K)

>""""""95W"""""" TDP
Fucking LMAO

If this is true then I ain't buying that.

That's exactly my point, they by default perform outside of spec and this should be legally actionable. 95w implies certain things, power consumption is one but operational temperature is another.

Jesus christ, no need for a space heater this winter.

363K you fucking mongoloid.

Reminder: TDP has no set in stone meaning, and companies can change their working definition at will.
In theory TDP is supposed to be how much heat you need to pull away from the given chip in order for it to operate within its safe temp range. What people don't understand about this is that different chips have different ranges of operating temps. Due to varying rates of self heating and thermal transfer TDP and power consumption can potentially have no correlation at all.
A chip pulling 10w could have a 100w TDP. That same chip could have an 80w TDP, pulling the same amount of power, if the manufacturer says its okay to let it run a bit hotter.

Varying workloads also play a factor in this. Companies tend to base TDP around scenarios that are more favorable to them instead of doing something like forcing it to run full tilt with an FPU torture test and mining crypto at the same time.

The metric is bullshit, and different companies are using different definitions.
It isn't power consumption, it isn't even heat output. Its just a PR number, at best its a cooler recommendation that a sane person should always exceed.

And amd needs liquid nitrogen to reach 5ghz on one core.

What's your point?

AMD's 5GHz obliterates Intlel 5GHz

What's your point?

AMD had Ryzen chips hitting 5ghz+ on all cores at launch, fren.

amd can reach 8ghz in one core easily with liquid nitrogen, what the fuck are you on?

ok pajeets shill me an amd 9900k alternative that can reach 5ghz with wc and I'll buy it right now.

FX 8250 can reach 8ghz, (current world record)

idk what wc is but ryzen 2700x can reach 5ghz in overclock without your house getting in fire

90C is perfectly safe. You should go back to streetshitting, AMD shill

No it doesn't because Ryzen IPC is lower than that of Skylake

this is the literal meaning of the dog in a house burning down and thinking "everything is fine"

lol the 2700x reaches 4.5ghz at best

it's pathetic

>implying IPC means everything performance related

? except it literally can reach 5ghz air cooled

That is still under the acceptable 94C

Well that sure shut them the fuck up

Source. Go on, give me one.

they literally told you a alternative

well that sure shut them the fuck up

>SiliconLottery states only 4.2GHz or so for highest bin (i.e. passing Prime95). siliconlottery.com/collections/pinnacleridge
* 41x multi at 1.375V
* 41.5x multi at 1.4V
* 42x multi at 1.425V

I was wrong.

Not even 4.5.

4.2 to pass prime95.

What absolute trash.

My Sandybridge laptop routinely hits 105c before the fan kicks on full blast.
Not all processes are the same, some can genuinely take the heat. Occasionally foundries will run a few lots of chips made specifically to endure higher temps too. Both intel and AMD make parts like this for embedded stuff.

ewwwww 4.1ghz

Attached: 2ocsqn0ibwu01.png (760x257, 28K)

Why is amd so shit?

The Silicon Lottery released their binned Ryzen CPUs today and included the following statistics in their product pages. This gives us more of an idea on the differences among the lineup in terms of overclocking potential and should help us set our expectations. AMD has clearly squeezed as many MHz out of their CPUs as the process allows.

Ryzen 7 1700
93% reach 3.8GHz @ 1.376V
70% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.408V
20% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.440V

Ryzen 7 1700X
100% reach 3.8GHz @ 1.360V
77% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.392V
33% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.424V

Ryzen 7 1800X
100% reach 3.8GHz (assumed)
97% reach 3.9GHz @ 1.376V
67% reach 4.0GHz @ 1.408V
20% reach 4.1GHz @ 1.440V

techradar.com/news/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-overclocked-above-58ghz try harder, 5.8ghz is way beyong 4.2ghz

>comparing zen with zen+
thats not how this works kiddo

Attached: 1539626008746.webm (640x360, 2.94M)

>talking about zen when zen+ already came out
Why is intel so shit? Pentium 3 cant reach 5ghz

>A PC enthusiast named TSAIK posted two CPU-Z reports detailing the overclocking potential of the Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X with liquid-nitrogen

Can you recommend me a good ln2 cooler? I heard little devil was good.

TSAIK is talking about 5.8ghz, you can reach 5ghz with liquid cooling

Does zen+ have a 9900k alternative that reaches 5ghz? No? The shut the fuck up.

they told you about the 2700x like 3 times already, do intlel fanboys even know how to read?

>5ghz with liquid cooling

alright just ordered a 2700x can't wait to reach 5ghz :^)

>90C with liquid cooling

good for you

Thanks I'm better red now™

>intlel fanboy getting angry over someone getting a superior CPU

90C doesn't matter

Is 9th gen a generation ahead of Zen+? Yes it fucking is. Then shut the fuck up.

no its fucking not because is literally a different architecture, what the fuck are you on?

>GTX 2080 is 1000 times better than GTX 1080
brainlet

On a more serious note will zen++ actually reach 5ghz? Isn't that shit going to be 7nm?

Let me lay it out for you since you're retarded:
>Zen competed with Kaby Lake
>Zen+ competed with Coffee Lake
>Zen 2 will compete with Coffee Lake refresh

That's not what I am saying.

The Noctua NH D15 can take a 300w load and shrug it off, seeing a custom water loop still see temps hit 90c is pretty hilarious for intel.
It means that power per core is pretty fucking high for that 9900k. They're likely hitting that astounding 40-50w per core territory at 5ghz.

14nm+++ had a lot of legs to it. Their power scaling is pretty respectable from 2ghz to 4ghz, and intel's IP dedicated specifically to minimizing power per cycle/op is incredible. That 5ghz line is just too much for them though. Unlikely to change any time soon. Things are going to look really bad for their 10nm parts, I'd bet money on them not clocking as high, even when the process is mature.

makes me wonder if they did adhere to spec, whether AMD or Intel would be the winner in performance.

Link to these memory tools?

Both the kelvin and the degree Celsius are SI units.

Probably not. I predict a 4.8GHz OC and ~4.3GHz base clock.

hardforum.com/threads/the-radeon-technology-group-rtg-has-received-its-first-zen-2-sample.1967802/

That said, it doesn't necessarily have to reach 5GHz if the performance improvement is good enough.

5Ghz? Probably not already I wouldn't put my hopes up, probably 0.4Ghz boost if we're lucky

is zen2 and yeah, zen+ already reached 5.8ghz

I can dig a 12c 4.8ghz

Zen 2 is different from ryzen right, ryzen is amd's hedt line?

>amd literally competing with 2(two) intel generations at once
based AMD

one of them is called BIOS and it comes preinstalled with every motherboard and you can overclock your ram from there

Zen 2 is akin to the Coffee/Kaby/Whatever Lake architecure names that Intel use.

ryzen is just the cool name of zen so yeah zen2 is different

>I can dig a 12c 4.8ghz
Unlikely. That ES is an 8-core chip and is probably the 3700X. Due to how the Infinity Fabric works, a 6 core CCX would eat up a lot of the space they could instead use for more transistors and IPC. It might also be hard for AMD to do while retaining AM4 socket compatibility.

>Zen 2 is different from ryzen right, ryzen is amd's hedt line?
Zen 2 is next-gen Ryzen, so Ryzen 3 in other words.

Base clocks for the desktop Zen2 parts are definitely going to be 4ghz-4.5ghz. I suspect momentary turbo states will have no trouble hitting 5ghz.
5ghz sustained on all cores though, I think its pretty unlikely, but it should be possible for an overclock.

The power curve is everything, power consumption begins increases as a square with voltage. The only way you'd see the chips hit 5ghz stable for a base clock is if they could hit around 4.5ghz at less than 10w per core. Safe bet is thats not happening. If they could actually clock that high at a power per core that low then AMD would be singing it from the rooftops. It would mean their EPYC enterprise chips could have a single generation 50%+ performance uplift.

So basically get a 9900x now if you don't want waiting 6+ months to save $200 for 20% performance

Ryzen is the product line name.
Zen is the name of the core architecture.

also if you dont mind your home getting in fire

>in fire

>don't want waiting 6+ months to save $200 for 20% performance
What are you taking about? There's no reason to think that i9 9900k will be 20% ahead of Zen 2.

Ryzen already is clock-for-clock competitive in performance with Intel processors, provided you give it good RAM timings. The reason Intel still outperforms Ryzen is a frequency advantage, which Zen 2 might eradicate.

How the fuck do you get to 90C on water? Even running any other CPU at full tilt in summer won't break 70 after 2 hours.

kaby kek is just sky kek refresh.
coffee kek is just kaby kek refresh which is just sky kek refresh with moar coars.
coffee kek refresh with even moar coars.

Cram 8 cores into a housefire architecture.

2700x at 4ghz is as good as 9900k at 5ghz. You can cry all you want but incel's hyperthreading is so shit you will never get good multicore performace from incel. For single core yet again hyperthreading makes your single core performance worse so 9700k is much better choice.

Cool story

Well, the 9900k has a soldered IHS, and the 14nm++++++++ parts aren't lacking in the thermal conductance department themselves.
Maybe he had a shitty water block and wasn't pumping enough water over it, or power per core was so high from voltage being inordinately high for the sake of stability that it genuinely pushed his loop to the limit.

But he showed what vcore and multi he used. So idk, man.

>we suggest you to use a custom water-cooling and adjust the TjMAX Temperature to 110°C
Goddamn, somebody get intel a big hard cock right now, because they are IN HEAT!

Attached: 1470639951971.gif (200x189, 799K)

Can't help but feel amd is consistently a second rate brand.

Fahrenheit is lame as hell.

techpowerup.com/forums/threads/can-disabling-hyperthreading-increase-single-core-performance.225564/
Literally first link lol incels are so delusional. 9900k is shit cpu 9700k is way better single core and 2700x is way better multicore.

It's the effect of a smaller budget in marketing.
Intel gives you that clean and professional well voiced things and boxes, AMD gives you shit like threadripper.

Intel trying to save you money on heating your house this winter.

>Can't help but feel amd is consistently a second rate brand.
Is that why AMD K6 fucking BTFO Intel, why 64-bit x86 (AMD64) exists and why EPYC is currently destroying Intel's server offerings?

How can you even think Zen 2 is 20% behind? CURRENT GEN Zen+ is less than that.

it used to be but next year it will dominate, maybe not in the market but in the quality, and maybe when zen3 comes out it will dominate in the market

Not to mention Threadripper shredding Intel's HEDT line to bits, to the point where they feel it necessary to release an overclocked Xeon 28-core.

who is going to pay the custom water loop?

That's psychological; 'mind share'. Have you ever used AMD before?

What was that recent article? In a 10 game average a $700 intel chip was only 12% faster than the 2700x, and the intel chip was clocked higher.

In a lot of metrics Zen has parity or near parity with intel's latest iteration of the Core-lake arch. Zen2 is likely going to surpass them in perf/clock in some metrics.