Breadboard

Let's make our own ideas for a basic low end computer system from bare components and start from scratch.

I'm talking morse code tier internet.

Who's with me? I'll expound on this idea considerably in the morning when I've had some coffee.

Attached: images.jpg (275x183, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNN_tTXABUA
amazon.com/Powerline-Computer-Network-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=1194444
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQYMfPac0g
m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Homemade-Battery
m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCK132OIGA
techradar.com/news/networking/powerline-networking-what-you-need-to-know-930691
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Since the Chinese spy chip that was discovered on supermicro boards and subsequent government regulations that are being put out on us lowly managed service providers, I think it's high time we started thinking outside the box.

i'll make the logo

just buy this laptop for $99

Attached: 10-1-Inch-notebook-Android-laptop-HDMI-Laptop-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-HDMI-Wi.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

It should have basic in the memory, but with classes to make it modern.

Ok first let's think what our customers do. Productivity wise.

Email, word processing and spreadsheets. For a start. Digital signing and browsers to interact with a SQL database and hardware drivers are like phase 2.

My goal is to get a simple thing going where there aren't any Intel, etc backdoors at the hardware level that an OS cant detect on an x86 system.

Think more in terms of 1070s or even 60s tech

An even cooler idea is to encase the device in a tin box to hedge against solar activity.

We're talking about reinventing the wheel here.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cNN_tTXABUA

One other useful thing is power supply. How can you power the unit without outside fuckery?

Smart meters and devices like this come to mind...
amazon.com/Powerline-Computer-Network-Adapters/b?ie=UTF8&node=1194444

There is also proof of concept wireless power devices. Go on YouTube you'll find them.

How can we make a networked computer system to secure our data?

Ok let's assume that by merely plugging in your device, its compromised. Wireless power proof of concept and networking over power is already a thing.

What do?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xUQYMfPac0g

Can anyone actually vouch for that story other than the author with conflict of interest himself?

The US gov released a security memo literally the following morning

Really? According to the story they knew about it for years so that makes 0 sense.

They did, I got the memo regardless of how long they said they knew about it.

I am in the process of restructuring the company thanks to that to keep ahead of the curve.

m.wikihow.com/Make-a-Homemade-Battery

m.youtube.com/watch?v=aCCK132OIGA

I think the internet is most useful for communication and productivity, rather than leisure.

Look how much of it has consumed us and our time.

But I digress. Let's focus on a power supply which I think should be phase 1 of the project.

Just buy a raspberry pi, a Talos II or an old Unix shitbox like every other autist

Make it entirely using LM3900 Norton op-amps.

Attached: op-amps.png (2068x1201, 93K)

Yea but I need documentation from the absolute ground up.
I'm tired of this hardware level vendor backdoor shit everywhere.

You have your own containment board

Oy vey shut it down!
>

I'm not sure how a computer from the 1070s would work

Run on removable rechargeable AA batteries

I'm assuming we're building this with TTL chips or are you scared about backdoors in those as well?

I'm mostly scared of backdoors in the current internet protocols, and how the power grid itself can see what you're doing. It's all there and documented so it's not as much scared as it is realizing reality.

You would have to come up with some sort of hardware encryption before the device is powered.

>and how the power grid itself can see what you're doing

Throw a 60Hz notch filter on one of your electrical outlets and probe the output with an oscilloscope. Tell me whose data you can see?

Its not going to be a giant cock logo is it?

Ok that wasnt a very good illustration.

Even if I were to come up with an OS on a bunch of TTL devices networked to my own design, they could eventually become hacked because it would evolve to what the computer world is now if it was adopted as a standard.

Maybe my whole idea is fugged but also maybe, there is a way to power your device and secure it at a hardware level before the network is initialized

What are smart meters and wireless proof of concept devices?

techradar.com/news/networking/powerline-networking-what-you-need-to-know-930691
Are you not aware of this technology?

I am aware of it and indeed I use it for my home internet however a few counter points,

1.) Not everyone uses powerline networking and therefore no government agency could reliably tap power lines to steal personal information since most people don't use that solution for networking.
2.) You cannot tap a connection from the other side of the power grid since the data stream is a high frequency signal and power lines form a distributed LC low pass filter which will heavily attenuate the signal straight into the noise floor more than a few meters beyond your house.

FPGA's are getting cheap, how about an FPGA computer made from several FPGAs, where you verify the hardware's checksum everytime you 'boot up.' Maybe even randomize where different parts of the CPU go everytime you boot up too, just to make it harder on the botnet.

two words: smart meters. Smart meters don't do powerline networking, but they can measure power load in high frequency intervals. If we want to get really schizo, then smart meters have a hidden hardware backdoor with pattern recognition for exfiltrating anything that looks like encryption for later use. In the real world, having all smart meters do this would be rather impractical.

Then you could implement RISC-V there is hdl code for implementing it