/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 263522 hatsune_miku headphones megurine_luka neko_sakana vocaloid.jpg (2560x1440, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.de/AKG-K712-PRO-·-Kopfhörer/dp/B00DCXWXEI/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah i aint putting asmr on speakers so my family can bitch and think im retarded

Attached: Audio_G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

i saw whats the story morning glory at a record store the other day but i didn't get it. need to do that next time.

I wish I had a gf like that

well idk any ear buds id be comfortable with in my ears while sleeping, so you're on your own.

>listening to ASMR
They already know

Looking for a good set of Bluetooth headphones to wear on the go, portability being the most important factor. Would like to be able to connect to my garbage laptop which has no bluetooth if possible.

>Budget
$200 or less

>Location
USA

>Source
Laptop and Phone

>Type of headphone
preferably over ear but on ear is fine too

>Open or closed
preferably closed but I'll take whatever as long as they are good quality.

>Comfort level
Comfy/10

>Sound signature
as close to my other headphones as possible would be nice

>Past headphones
ATH M50
DT 770 (currently using at home)

Attached: 1537570886826.gif (652x562, 626K)

The actual vinyl of it? If I saw it is pick it up. Sells on eBay for around $30(remastered 2014 release)... Over $100 if it's the original release and in good condition.

sennhesier momentum 2. do yourself a favor and get them used on ebay, check for deals.
get a short adapter, and idk how to adapt them to bluetooth.
there's a wireless version though if you can find them.

Oh they do

Id just much rather they dont know im listening to a 40 year old dude crinkling paper and whispering. They think im fapping to the 20 year old women

cd. 5 bucks but i blew all my money on hendrix, the monkees, little richard

What about earbuds?
Used Apple earbuds for years, but I'm looking for something a bit better and more comfortable while under a hundred bucks.

tin t2

When will HD 569 or HD 598 CS gon on sale? Also where are the anime girl feetz??

Does anyone own LCD-X's?
I keep seeing reviewers saying they're almost perfect

i wanna get 2cs but cant justify it yet. it's between that and stax and i'd probably go for planars ngl.

yeah, I'm feeling the same.
I'm leaning towards to STAX L300 + 252s

If I want as much plankton as possible and have 2000€ to spend on both headphones and dac/amp, what to get?

stax

ye i just can't like... i can't do stax culture.
like i want to, like every one else, but planars seem a bit more reasonable.

Anyone here heard the Massdrop HD58X Jubilee? From what I've read on SABF and elsewhere they're supposed to be amazing for $150. Also the extra bite in the treble and sub bass energy sounds like it would suit my tastes perfectly.

Attached: hd58x-jubilee.jpg (2508x3162, 2.8M)

I honestly could afford both but I'd feel sick.
I'd feel less sick buying the STAX because it's completely different to other headphones.

sealed stax will shit on them. audezes are always overpriced by 50% keep that in mind. they go on b-stock every year for 50% and the value drops 50% the instant you buy it.

Only reason why I'm considering the LCD-X is because I could get it below it's normal price.
Still more expensive than L300+SRM252

Attached: lcdxjew.jpg (1247x675, 172K)

everyone and their mom can audezes below normal price. here in the US we get them for 50% off MSRP. they are barely even worth buying at a 50% discount

Z for Zeos

Attached: 2EAB4FA8-3F8C-4D25-88C0-BB7DC0B18923.png (584x474, 393K)

ye i'm more like "i just want normal headphones"
But stax would sound better. no way in hell i'd seal them though.
but stax build quality and unstable seal, seems like a recipe for blowing 700 bucks on bullshit.

>i can't do stax culture
Why? I found inner peace after getting L700. Maybe one day I could buy 009 or something else, but I don't want to look at and try other headphones anymore. LCD, HD800s, so on? Not interested.

ye endgame stax are expensive. l700s would be kickass.

I also listen to a lot of electronic music and the many comments of the L300's bass is the big deal I see.

L300 Limited has a much better bass than normal L300, it’s also much more comfy. Wouldn’t get the normal model as long as Limited is available, even though L is a bit more expensive.

that's why i would go for planars. tight bass.

yeah and I've already got an amp+DAC (Jotunheim)

i ordered an onkyo 8220. my amp+dac is a fulla 2 till it comes ^.^

I went from a Xonar soundcard to the Jot and honestly felt like it was a downgrade but for what I made I'm going to make do for some time.

yeah the fulla 2 is working fine but i wanted a receiver anyways. plus optical *drool*

based Schiitanon

I remember reading it was very accurate, nothing really one way or other and could drive most/everything.
But since it's Schiit and audio equipment it's probably just hardened snake oil

yeah thats why i went with a receiver. won't sound any different and you get more features.

I figured I'd just use APO and Foobar components if I want any features.

The Xonar's options were amazing though and would shill that

i'd probably never recommend a sound card. external always better.
specially when i have a turntable and tape deck. cause fuck you i like em.

Attached: burchan86.jpg (1180x884, 67K)

RME ADI-2 DAC or Gungnir Multibit + Magni 3?

RME. schiit is a meme

I'm 99% sure I'm getting the DT990 Premium. My only concern is that I might need an amp for the 250 ohm version.
I've read somewhere that their power requirements are lower than for the other brands. Would a basic laptop motherboard be enough?

Attached: dt990.jpg (166x303, 7K)

Schiit has more plankton

It's 250 ohm. No. Your motherboard isn't going to be able to drive it properly.

Will e10k be enough?

I use 250 Ohm 880s just fine on my desktop mainboard. Laptop will likely be too weak though.

Enough to get them to 110 dBSPL, so yeah. You won't have much wiggle room for extra quiet tracks, but enough to make them loud.

I'm gonna miss Phillips man, they didn't deserve to be dragged down to hell with Gibson

The X2 isn't perfect, but it makes me sad knowing that there won't be another generation of low test incels putting on their bass cannon open-backs, cracking open a can of monster, and watching the Spider-Man trilogy on their computer monitor at 2:46am

>notice the audio channel where fuckup
>ask if i fuck up the welding
>go crazy for a couple of day checking the mod

end of the day it was the fucking garbage jack

kill me

Is massdrop the only place selling SDAC and its combos? They don't ship to my country.

Do low impedance planars need an amp?

Yes, what shithole of a country you live on that massdrop don't ship to?

It depends on the sensitivity

Shill me you're budget DAC/AMP combo before I get the Schiit one.

fiio e10k, monoprice desktop amp if you need more power
don't support meme companies and their juvenile marketing of a senile man

Motherboard would be fine. I'd only worry about the 600 ohm version.

Russia

>E10K clicks on power state switching
>OL DAC has weird frequency response
>Topping A30 is high impedance
>Schiit being schiit
>Fostex "volume control knob" has zero reviews but their more expensive units have issues with usb
My autism demands matching dac+amp or a combo unit, what should I get for $200?

Massdrop O2/SDAC combo. Or get Massdrop O2 + Topping D10 if you want separates.

Thoughts on the Sony MDR-7506?

Attached: 35.png (274x258, 46K)

I already have an O2+OL DAC.
This is for a poorfag friend, so límit is like 70€. Is the FX Audio DAC X6 good?

It's a lot more powerful than the E10K, measures not that fantastic, but people say it sounds pretty good. E10k has a low output impedance though, so if he's using low impedance cans it might work out better for him.

>low Z planar
Depends on the particular efficiency and your listening level. The design is inherently somewhat inefficient with a weak electromagnetic coupling. Most outputs, including headphone amplifiers, do not well tolerate high current demands required for low-efficiency, low Z loads.

Vaguely neutral, but it has a lot of wiggles: dips and peaks in the response. Pads could use some work.
Funnily enough, it came across as one of the top headphones in the Harman studies that people seem to care about lately.

OL DAC drops like 0,5db between 10-20KHz, is not really audible
Fiio will soon release the K3 as an upgrade to the e10k
Topping will release this year the dx3 pro which will have under 0.5ohm impedance
Smsl also just released the new sanskrit DAC and monoprice the cavalli liquid spark
Also I believe kennerton has a DAC/Amp called the ego

Massdrop O2/SDAC combo unit.

>monoprice
The fucers throw fake site errors at russian IPs
user...

>literally states in his posts that Massdrop doesn't deliver to his country

Creative Sound blaster G6 ? Works fine enough for me, coming from an O2/ODAC. Biggest issue is the pretty shitty driver on Windows.

My bad.

Ok then, OL DAC is actually fine dude. Go with that.

what jack M/F cable do you have?

searching on amazon and i'm not sure on the quality

Get periapt cables

>periapt cables
hope these are made with human flesh

Attached: He memed.jpg (599x600, 29K)

Perhaps I should be more specific. HE400i needs an amp or would it be okay without one?

It doesn't

I've basically shotgun-bought from various brands on amazon and none of them have been awful. You have to try pretty hard to screw up a short audio cable.

only had a few break on me. mostly amazonbasics. i just put in an extra dollar and get a quality cable these days.

Attached: BVZDNxq.png (1019x605, 109K)

It's hard to screw up headphone cable, but for mic some cables are better at picking up emi.

For a PC are speakers better than headphones for casual entertainment (games, movies, music)?
I already got Fidelio X2. They're nice but do speakers offer more entertainment?
Thinking of getting Kef Q100

>Budget
300€ max
>Location
Germany
>Source
PC motherboard but I can also spend that budget on headphone + amplifier if necessary
>Type of headphone
Full-sized
>Open or closed
Whatever
>Comfort level
Whatever
>Sound signature
Something that fits to electronic music, probably v-shaped or bassy I would assume
>Past headphones
Trash meme headsets like HyperX Cloud 2, Steelseries Arctis 7, Razer Electra, etc.
The only pair where I really liked the sound a lot was the HyperX Cloud 2
To be honest I listen to all kinds of shit: electronic music, weebshit, generic pop, death metal, jazz, classic, chill stuff, piano, rock, instrumental game and anime BGMs etc.
So I'm not sure what kind of sound signature to go for actually, I guess neutral would be best?

Thanks, I only asked because I've seen some folks say that motherboard outs sometimes don't deliver enough current when the voltage is high (i.e. high volume).

Not better, just different. I use Klipsch R-14M on my desk most of the time, paired with a Sub under my desk.

Oh, I will say that I don't like wearing headphones all the time, so for me speakers are more comfy.

To follow up a little, i've been either this
amazon.de/AKG-K712-PRO-·-Kopfhörer/dp/B00DCXWXEI/ or a Beyerdynamic model for a while I guess

Speakers can give you a more "roomy" experience, but room acoustics play a role in their sound. For a layman most speaker setups are probably okay though.

I know when I set up my studio monitors at home I had to futz around a lot.

Yeah then those are your best bet.

Thoughts about smsl sap II?

Why the bloody hell do headphones with volume and microphone control end up malfunctioning the most often?

Attached: Boo_original.png (640x1070, 37K)

Akg 712 beautifull from what i've heard. Watch z-reviews on youtube. You'll enjoy it.

Yeah i keep seeing it praised as being the best you can get for under 1000 euro, but I'm worried cause there seems to be problems with quality control ever since they switched from making them in Austria to Slovakia or China or whatever

Powerful little amp, but 10 ohm output impedance.

>no lanterns still

curious about a lot of those massdrop deals, and I also heard they were a better deal than even the hd6xx they have right now.

Reading review from Amazon choice, a lot breaks in a couple of weeks

Of course. It's a great headphone for the price. Whether it's better than the HD6XX or not is up to you. A couple reviews I've watched tend to favour the HD6XX.

So I'm now considering either the AKG K712 Pro or the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus. You can get the AKG ones really cheap here (around 200€) while they seem to be worth double of that in other countries so I'm really tending towards the AKG ones but I'm worried about the build quality still

can you faggots stop sucking sennheisenburg's giant jewish cock please?

i know you love to have shitty veiled treble so your wittle baby ears don't hurt when you're sucking your twink boyfriend's cock, but pretending sennheiser is anything but mid-fi pleb filter for pussies that can't handle big boy sound is honestly embarrassing.

How much do you like to gamble? The Monolith M1060 is probably the best thing available for the price range, but there's some variability in build quality; some have a ringing at 5 KHz. But apparently it's either not discernable on all units or not everyone can hear it. If you get a good deal you'll also have enough for a DAC/Amp.