So, what's the verdict on LTSC 2019?

So, what's the verdict on LTSC 2019?

Is it worth upgrading from LTSB 2016 considering you will need a clean reinstall?

Attached: microsoft-windows-10-icon-logo-vector.png (1200x1200, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

windowscentral.com/microsoft-abandons-ltsc-after-failed-launch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Attached: 1538842307022.png (1416x1756, 1.21M)

>considering you will need a clean reinstall?
Wrong

I haven't had any issues so far, and it is noticeably faster.

That's not ltsc

It has bugs that Microsoft saying will not be fixed. Tgey are abandoning LTSC, this is the last one.

All versions have that bug, wait for the fixed iso to release

deployed it on about 10 machines. no issues with file deleting. its probably the best version of windows 10.

does it have DXR (raytracing?) or can it be added manually some how easily.

>its probably the best version of windows 10.
I see

Attached: 1538521928022.jpg (3840x2160, 684K)

There's no such thing as a clean Windows installation

Windows has horrible high contrast themes. Only company I know that will use grey text on black background or light green text in white forms

windows 7 is better

source

windowscentral.com/microsoft-abandons-ltsc-after-failed-launch

>page not found
really made me think

it has windows store, cortana, edge and all that bullshit

Really? I heard 2019 LTSC is even less bloat than 2016 LTSB, apparently they even removed OneDrive this time.

What do you mean? Does it give the option to upgrade or did you just install it over your previous installation?

I've been using it for a few days. Can confirm, it has none of those.

Why the fuck would anybody do that and not just do a clean install? Do you even understand the circumstances in which the bug can occur, and how ludicrously easy it is to ensure it cannot affect you, my dear little brainlet? There's quite literally no reason to "wait" for a "fix" unless you're a tech-illiterate grandma who installs her new versions of Windows automatically via Windows Update.

Btw is it 1809 or 1709 based?

Literally fake news.

Attached: hurr durr.png (1125x60, 1K)

>Does it give the option to upgrade or did you just install it over your previous installation?
Yeah you put the disk in and run in from explorer rather than boot from it and it will upgrade your installation. Basically its just installing all the updates the the peasants have been getting all along.

And yeah it doesn't have store or anything like that.

Imagine being a stupid enough faggot to run 10 instead of 7 hahaha

Damn thanks, then there is no reason not to upgrade then.

Really didn't want to bother with reinstalling everything.

People still clinging to 7 are the biggest retards around. It should be a bannable offence to state that you are on here.

Imagine not being able to provide a single argument and instead shitpost like an absolute brainlet hahaha.

ANY ONE KNOW? DXR in or out?

Have you never wiped a drive before installation?

Idk if it's in out of the box, but pretty sure you can manually install it since it's a DX runtime.

You are fake news

Using LTSC for 3 days already, no problems so far, just as good as LTSB, but i really wanted new start with folders so i installed LTSC

>LTSC 2019

Attached: Untitled.png (2560x1440, 180K)

I tested it on virtualbox. I'm planning to switch soon.

Yeah they removed a lot of things that come by default.

if you are judging an entire operating system based on the fact that a dark theme is not perfectly implemented then you clearly dont know what you are talking about. sort of shit i expect from a mac user

It ran smooth for me until both the start menu and search randomly broke on me for no reason

>Not using Windows 10 CMGE

Attached: cmge.png (1021x763, 838K)

Im planning to make the switch to LTSC from Pro today. Does HWIDGen work on LTSC 2019?

the iso doesn't exist and making it yourself is not worth

I love LTSB 2016. Why should I upgrade? WSL is junk.

Unironically since windows 8 release until now I never had a single issue. Not a bluescreen, not a major crash or error. The win10 update went by smoothly.
And that is on 7 machines between home and office.

Attached: 1539230862410.png (1764x1746, 163K)

The iso was leaked not too long ago and if you're not too autistic you can find it easily on baidu

> considering you will need a clean reinstall?
You won't.

>renamed "cortana.exe" to "search.exe"
>now it's not cortana
lol

Is there a reason to use Windows 10 LTSC instead of Windows Server?

Haven't used LTSB because Windows 10 has been always a beta and I was surprised to find a version that stuck on beta for longer than needed, with all its buggy shit.

Why would I want to use this? Is it at least stable? Does it have at least updates that are not just security shit? I'm not talking about "features" but bugfixing and such.

Then don't.
LTSB/LTSC releases have 10 years of support anyway.

>billions of dollars
>can't even do proper themes

Attached: ay1533410845118.jpg (897x1563, 219K)

Attached: 215695.png (852x1486, 541K)

People have put much more effort on this kind of shit for free.

Why would you ever store anything valuable on a disk where operating system is installed? I just assume everything on it as disposable.

Because Windows comes with convenient folders like "Documents".

That constantly get wiped upon OS reinstallation.

For usual people, who just use the OS - no, it doesn't. They use whatever was installed on their PC.

wow nice bugs from a beta build

Hell, they managed to wipe it on W10 with a forced update

Tell that to Micro$haft. They make you relocate everything after installation cause they never ask during.