Failed calculus 1 last semester

>failed calculus 1 last semester
>failing again this semester
>cs department won't waive the requirement
>if I fail again I have to take a semester off

Why the fuck do I to get calculus for CS in the first place? Fuck this shit all I wanted to do was make games and other cool shit, not do gay fucking math

Attached: 1539640244493.jpg (225x225, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

math.hawaii.edu/home/pdf/putnam/PolyaHowToSolveIt.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>why do I need math for my hard math degree?

Fuck you there are libraries for all the math you need

Stop for a second and try to imagine the untold hundreds of millions of millenials who fell for the CS meme because it has the word "computer" in it and they thought they would fit right in because they wasted their childhood in front of one.

computer science is the science of computation
computers existed before the personal computer which is colloquially known as a computer
the first computer was a series of lines etched into a fucking rock 100,000 years ago

>failing calc 1

I'd tell you to try marketing, but even business students have to take calculus. Have you thought about psychology, or maybe film studies?

>failed calculus 1
Mega brainlet.

Not trying to be a dick here, but if you failed calc1 twice you might want to consider a different field.

Software Development (which I'm going to assume that is what you are intending to do after graduation) is a pretty competitive field, and your degree isn't going to help you that much. If you are struggling here that's a really bad sign of things to come. You can still get out now, and it'll be much better than 5 years from now when you realize you hate your job/life and wish you had done something you were really good at.

>business students have to take calculus
No they don't, otherwise half the retards doing business majors would drop the fuck out

From what I've seen, they usually take "business calc" and pretend it's the same thing. Usually, business calc amounts to little more than learning how to get integrals from a calculator.

>be me like 13 years ago
>CS major
>keep failing math classes like calc
>took calc 1 over summer at a community college- far easier class and the credit transferred
>took calc 2 at uni because not offered at community college
>barely passed with a D, pretty much got a friends help and cheated my way through a lot of the work
>D = diploma
>was finally allowed into the CS classes
>straight As, I was good at it
>did not have a single class for CS or anything else where I needed any understanding of calc
>graduated
>got a programming job
>did not once need any knowledge of calc
>nobody I worked with did either, I probably had more math knowledge than most of my co-workers which meant jack shit anyway

user, if you're lucky enough to work at some cutting edge company developing new algorithms or optimizing things or something like that yeah calc skills might be valuable. For the business level programming jobs that most people are going to have it's absolutely pointless. If you have a firm grasp of basic algebra you're good to go. Just do whatever you need to do to pass that calc class and move on.

How do you fucks fail calc 1? Like calc 2 or 3 i can see some people failing but calc 1 is just derivatives and shit come on.

For me its not necessarily that Math is hard, its that I usually fuck up on using the right formulas. You can get your answer different ways. I just hate the process of doing it one way, when you can simplify your work in half doing the problem with different formulas. Professors get butt hurt cause your not following the steps. No one likes java, it sucks dick!

For me the hardest part of calc 1 was learning all the trigonometric and hyperbolic derivatives, including the inverse of each.

Just... into epsilon delta. Or are you in "those" colleges?

Can Khan academy help me with math.

>why isn't everyone smart like me shit come on

Attached: 1538422378500.png (476x477, 256K)

Failing Calculus 1, wow dude

>computer engineer
>4 levels of calc
>Discrete math
>Didn't use any calc in 10 years of software engineering job
>Become manager
>Find derivitives and integrals in every metric worth recording
Agile meme velocity desu

Even idiots could get by if they put in a modicum of effort.

How the fuck do you fail Calc 1? I came out of high school with a 60 in it and still passed.

Attached: surprisedreimu.png (620x346, 177K)

Not OP but I could never get the three-dimensional shit they started teaching near the end of the semester. Shit made me wanna cry.

Cringe.

God I wish there was a way to beat up nerds on the internet

Isn't calc 1 just differentiation, if you're failing that you're not even trying you retard

If someone never properly learned how to study math when they where in high school, and Calc 1 is the first "real" math class they encounter; I can see them failing. My first exam was a wake-up for me that I had to work at studying rather than just coasting.

This might be a useful remedial book if you need to learn how to think about math: math.hawaii.edu/home/pdf/putnam/PolyaHowToSolveIt.pdf

If you can't pass calculus one you have absolutely no business being in college, period. That shit is not hard at all so long as you study

Cringe.

Being a non-retard is cringe? Sure thing pal

@68080636
@68080659
get a load of this fag throwing his money down the drain

Attached: 😂👌.png (698x822, 207K)

Witness the digits of this user

tf how are you failing cal 1.

a function f(x) = x just means you give it an x, it feeds into f(x), and f(x) spits out the y.

x -> f(x) -> y

derivative measures a functions susceptibility to change, the rate of change of a given function at a point/slope at a given point on a curve. when you take a derivative, you get a function out, then if you plug numbers into it it gives you a slope.

integral is the area "underneath" the curve, which you get by summing an infinite number of rectangles where the length is delta x and the height is f(xi).

fundamental theorem of calculus just defines how antiderivatives and derivatives relate, the derivative of an antiderivative is the original function.

desu you better get good at math, it only gets worse. you're gonna get assraped by automata and formal langs.

idk how much of that is actually accurate i havent done it in a while.

I attended 1 lecture and only studied on two days and still passed. dog calc1 is easy

but user, I'm cringing because you ARE a retard.

Attached: ohyou.png (1108x737, 453K)

>failed calculus
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA WHAT A FUCKING BRAINLET

Attached: the_killing_joke.jpg (662x664, 52K)

nice larp

I'm cringing too, because you're retarded as well.

>guys looks I passed a first year class look how smart I am guys LOOK AT ME I PASSED THIS CLASS I'M SO SMART LIKE YOU GUYS NOTICE ME

No my friend, you are the cringe. Please just stop.

Pretty much this. If you want to be doing anything remotely interesting, you'll need math.

I mean, even compiler construction requires math for loop optimizations.

If you're just looking to translate UML diagrams into code, like code monkey does, then you're fine without math, I guess.

I know how you feel op sorta...
Got a B+ in Calc 1 without even trying but failed Calc 2 TWICE. On my third attempt, I almost failed. Ended up with a fucking D.
I took it and ran. I honestly don't know what was going on with that class. Had the same professor twice and he was just hard as all hell but it didn't explain my third attempt. Had a different professor and he was better but I still kept coming up short. I grew up being a math wiz and was literally brought down to my knees over one class I could just never wrap my head around.
Shit, my engineering courses were easier even though they too revolved around calculus.

Reminder that this kills the code monkey

Attached: math exam SampleWritten.png (698x1576, 88K)

What class is this? Calculus 2?

>"you ARE a retard"
>as he outs himself as a weeb
LMFAO

>For me the hardest part of calc 1 was learning all the trigonometric and hyperbolic derivatives, including the inverse of each.
It's just a few lines of code.
diff(X,X,1):-!.
diff(-A,B,X):-!,diff(A,B,-X),!.
diff(A,-B,X):-!,diff(A,B,-X),!.

diff(X,sin(X),cos(X)):-!.
diff(X,cos(X),-sin(X)):-!.
diff(X,sinh(X),cosh(X)):-!.
diff(X,cosh(X),sinh(X)):-!.

diff(X,sin(U),cos(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,cos(U),-sin(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,sinh(U),cosh(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,cosh(U),sinh(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,tan(U),sec(U)*sec(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,cot(U),-csc(U)*csc(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,tanh(U),sech(U)*sech(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,coth(U),csch(U)*csch(U)*DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,asin(U),DU/sqrt(1-u*u)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,acos(U),-DU/sqrt(1-u*u)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,atan(U),DU/sqrt(1+u*u)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,sqrt(U),DU/(2*sqrt(u))):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,exp(U),DU*exp(U)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.

diff(X,U+V,DU+DV):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,U-V,DU-DV):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,U*V,DU*V+U*DV):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,U/V,(DU*V-U*DV)/(V*V)):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,ln(U),DU/U):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,-U,-DU):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.

diff(X,U+V,DV+DU):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,U*V,DV*U+V*DU):-!,diff(X,V,DV),diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,sin(U),DU*cos(U)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.
diff(X,cos(U),-DU*sin(U)):-!,diff(X,U,DU),!.

diff(_,_,0).

>>why isn't everyone smart like me

Literally this. WTF is wrong with people?

Attached: 1424390721606.png (396x584, 88K)

Attached: 2206d233.200x.gif (193x135, 1.4M)

Looks like it, calc 1 shouldn't have integrals

Get a load of this butt hurt NPC

>inB4 NPCs start bashing video games for making them look bad

Calc 1 has integrals unless you're in a meme school on the quarter/trimester system

>my hard math degree
>CS

Pick exactly one

>but muh logical quantifiers and proof by induction is like so hard

>>did not have a single class for CS or anything else where I needed any understanding of calc
>straight As, I was good at it

This is why CS is a meme.

Attached: CS' proud retard.png (1041x148, 17K)

protip: calc 1 in non meme universities, for cs, is like math calc 1 and its full of proofs in real analysis. no intergrals.

Some people just have a hard time putting in the time needed because it seems a bit abstract.

If you never had problems with any course in Uni you're just a bit smarter than the average CS student.

In my semester 94% failed calculus 1. This is he stated from the professor. It was really not that easy and we had to prove all kinda shit in the exam that goes well beyond induction.

Bull fucking shit, where was this Africa? Give me a fucking break. That class is ridiculously easy and I'm shit at math. Fucking Pre-Calculus is harder than that course.

This is why nobody likes math.

Calc 1 and 2 are easy as fuck. Engineering calc is hell though, I was literally screaming inside when doing the exams because of how hard it was.

My calculus course has integrals

fuck off back to r*ddit and die, frogposter

Attached: 1520681798998.gif (500x382, 125K)

So it's a watered down cal class?

Either your uni's idea of "calc 1" is completely different from everyone else's, or you had the worst professor of all time.

Sounds like he had something similar to me here except they didn't have high enough entry bar, we had around 40% fails

What's with the influx of kids failing calc 1 lately?

>Failing calculus 1 in the first place
>Going to college for shitty games
>Wasting money on this
What a literal brainlet, go flipping burgers, that's where you belong.

It's not math but code. Don't you know prolog?

I just meant the amount of rules in doing anything.

I bet you couldn't even define a metric space.

>like programming doesn't have rules

give me one reason why I need to know that other than to prove some user on Jow Forums wrong

>proofs in calculus are hard

kek

Attached: math oral exam questions.png (666x892, 88K)

Bro, are you taking advantage of the free tutoring literally almost every university has for math & chemistry?

I got As and Bs in my college calculus classes and I'm an idiot who went to shitty redneck high school and learned nothing before I went to college.

>math
>oral exam
What is this and why is it a thing?

>NPC: we learn real analysis
>NPC: what's a metric space?

Attached: 1539676599389.png (239x250, 42K)

I couldn't but after that course, I could.
Also its a bad example, metric space is very straightforward.

>implying I fell for the CS meme
try again faggot

>metric space is very straightforward

exactly

The serious ones are. You posted memes.

>implying real analysis isn't baby tier

Attached: 11th grade math.png (880x1630, 254K)

Real analysis is bretty hard mate.

*clap clap*

>be EE freshman
>EU
>best uni in the country
>90% cis white males
>mastered linear algebra month one
>calculus up for month two
>electronics classes expect us to know it anyway and use it
>we do
>ASM in programming classes
>physics: Maxwell equations
>comfy af
Feels good not going to a school for brainlets.

>be CS freshman
>EU
>90% cis white males
>linear algebra and discrete mathematics are hard af
>only like 20% will make it
>definitely not me
>will be code monkey for rest of my life
>good bye aerospace engineering

I should go to some meme American College

>cis
stopped here

Programming is applied math, and you can't have a CS degree without knowing the basics.

A ore B

Becoming into existence, having the term "god and deity thrown at you" checking self and creation in one move. Live on the known unknown digital art. The profession is a legacy. It's like being punched in the face with existence.

human existence is flawed in the course that I know of several people who could do this, though my own drive rejects being defeated to the others I know who could do this. Thus you get males taking other males intellect and even the same on a physical course to take women the same way. Thus it's predicted what the move will be in opposition to: me.

>Fuck this shit all I wanted to do was make games and other cool shit, not do gay fucking math
Then you should've taken software engineering or some shit, not CS. Idiot.

Even simple things like finding out the bounce angle off of a curve requires calculus.

My first real program was a Perl script to automate my calculus homework in high school (integral approximation). I got a job at Google after undergrad.

git gud

Shit bait

As a pre-med student at Washington University in St. Louis, I had to take a difficult class in physics. One day our professor was discussing a particularly complicated concept. A student rudely interrupted to ask, "Why do we have to learn this stuff?"

"To save lives." The professor responded quickly and continued the lecture.

A few minutes later, the same student spoke up again. "So how does physics save lives?" he persisted.

"It usually keeps the idiots like you out of medical school," replied the professor.

Best professor

>doing CS degree
>one course is 3d rendering in opengl with c++
>including generating models using c++ formulas
>another course is just incomprehensible arbitrary database normalisation shit
Why do I have to learn all of this shit? I just want a comfy IT job.

>passed calc 1 and calc 2 more or less easily
>forgot like 90% of all the stuff
Anyone with this problem? The only thing I'm barely using at the CS-specific classes is Discrete Math.

if you wanted IT why did you go for a degree? legitimately confused.

Dumb frogposter

>failing calc 1 twice
Failing it once is acceptable especially if you slack off and dont study at all but twice? Are you stupid?

>Reddit spacing

study and take notes.

Should've picked IT or software engineering retard

Germany, actually. One of the most respected Unis for engineering.

They pride themselves in filtering out students with the math courses.

You can do this, niggi.

If I can do it, you can as well.

Also;
If you do not know how and when to use the formulas, you can have all the information in the world, it's still gonna be useless.

Attached: 344de6fcb504486ec85b2c063f3d431b.jpg (1440x1440, 192K)

TU Aachen?
RUB?