I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate on my hard drive...

I recently had to reinstall Windows 7 Ultimate on my hard drive, but now it seems to Blue Screen after I try to install about 180 security updates. Would this be due to a hard drive failure or because Windows 7 is screwed up with it's updates? Finally, would it be better just to upgrade to Windows 10 to avoid all of this?

Attached: undefined__70613_12314e4d-9248-442d-ba7b-1db527d3692b_1024x1024.png (1024x1024, 570K)

Other urls found in this thread:

support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3020369/april-2015-servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-server-200
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=3125574
decentsecurity.com/windows-7-fast-update/
howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Disable updates.

It's hardware related try to install on vm for proofs

I'll be sure to do that since that seems to be the main issue. This is part of the recovery message I got after it recoverd from the first blue screen if it helps.

Attached: 20181016_000831.jpg (2282x1253, 1.98M)

And this is the last blue screen I got before deciding on reinstalling everything again to test it without updates.

Attached: 20181016_000507.jpg (4032x1004, 1.72M)

It's probably the drive. Get an SSD my dude and try with that.

I do have this backup on that I have installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 Home Premium recently in case anything like this happened. I'm just scared of installing updates or anything else on it and having it crash again.

Attached: 20181016_001612.jpg (1463x2160, 1.22M)

Hard drives in 2018 are a scam. Try to get a refund if it's still under warranty and get an SSD instead

I bought it a year ago when I thought I had a virus on my computer since my bank account was hacked. I got a good deal on it which was the onmy reason I bought it. Should I just retire my old HDD and get a SSD for the OS and use the new HDD to install and keep games on?

>Windows 7 in 2018
LOL
It's getting end of life'd next year bro. Just upgrade already.

Do you have sp1 installed?
You can also just download rollup update manually, download servicing stack first:
support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3020369/april-2015-servicing-stack-update-for-windows-7-and-windows-server-200
Then the rollup update
catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search.aspx?q=3125574

>Would this be due to a hard drive failure or because Windows 7 is screwed up with it's updates?

Attached: both.png (419x260, 246K)

decentsecurity.com/windows-7-fast-update/

howtogeek.com/255540/the-last-windows-7-iso-youll-ever-need-how-to-slipstream-the-convenience-rollup/

I had SP1 installed and that was fine. It was only the security updates afterwards that ruined the window drivers apparently. So on this new installation, should I mannually download the service park from the first link, then download which updates from the second link? Sorry if I may seem a bit clueless asking that.

You download both updates, 2nd link has updates for x86, x64 and server updates. You download x64 if you're using x64 windows. SP1 is requirement for those updates, that's why I asked. And these 2 updates will bring you up to speed before Windows went down the shitter, just read up on the updates

Upgrade to GNU/Linux.

Thank you for your help! I hope this will work out because life has just been stressful recently and it sucks that Windows 7 updates might be fucking up their own OS because of a issue and making it hard to reinstall everything. Also, I want to make sure that this isn't a software issue before I even try to do anything on a fresh HDD or SSD.

I just find it hard to think that the hard drive is failing because everything runs fine before those security updates via the regular systems update in the control panel.

>Windows 7
>2018
Stop that.

>t. pajeet

But didn't Windows 10 have an update issue that deleted people's documents and backups iirc?

You don't have to use Windows.

Only if you were upgrading a previous Windows 10 installation. There was no problem with a fresh install and you backing things up yourself beforehand, and the bug has been patched now anyway.

Just one last thing, what key things should I look for in updates that took place after the rollup update?

? As long you use common sense and use applocker to make sure applications only run from program files you should be fine. There's no need to update