/XMPP/ - XMPP general

>What is XMPP?
Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP) is a communication protocol for message-oriented middleware.
Unlike most instant messaging protocols, XMPP is defined in an open standard and uses an open systems approach of development and application, by which anyone may implement an XMPP service and interoperate with other organizations' implementations. Because XMPP is an open protocol, implementations can be developed using any software license and many server, client, and library implementations are distributed as free and open-source software.

>What client should I use?
Get Conversations if you are on Android, Gajim or Pidgin on desktop PC.

>How do I join this Jow Forums groupchat?
Here is the link: xmpp:[email protected]?join

>Muh Dickscord
Fuck off back to Plebbit

>I'm a fucking brainlet and need a step-by-step guide to installing and setting up a fucking app
lordkek.us/xmpp/brainlet-tutorial/

>I want some tips and tricks!
yourdata.forsale/xmpp.html

>But who actually uses XMPP?
We do. Add [email protected] [email protected] and [email protected].
Also please shill this to your friends so they use it too.

Attached: conversations.png (300x300, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence
youtube.com/watch?v=-gfD_-qMGmA
i.4cdn.org/gif/1539714015740.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Inb4 lmao just use discord

Attached: 1486224696732.jpg (473x496, 30K)

XMPP is deprecated in favor of Discord.

>any other chat service
Oh looks like I just create an account and start adding people
>XMPP
You mean I have to create an account and start adding people??? What the fuck???? That's too complicated I'm using discord.

#JewsAreNotARace

They are and they're smart than you mutts.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashkenazi_Jewish_intelligence

JIDF please leave ASAP

You mad you sandnigger?

Attached: 1422393515327.jpg (3720x1866, 1.97M)

youtube.com/watch?v=-gfD_-qMGmA

It's a culture. Not a race.

>they're smart than you mutts.
oy vey, you better not be talking shit about mutts. they're the """good"" goys with undying loyalty to Israel.

THIS WAS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PUBLISHED ONLINE!

Attached: 1522918788985.jpg (544x613, 97K)

Oy vey Gevalt, shut it down.

top shit LMAO XDDDDDD

>youtube.com/watch?v=-gfD_-qMGmA
best shit XDDDDDDDDD

Get an account to get redpilled on kikes and much more.
This is by far the best thread on Jow Forumsoyim right now.

daily reminder that conversations is free on F-Droid

Attached: coc_violation.jpg (500x888, 154K)

Don't be a kike and support the developer.

I do, but without supporting jewgle

Nice, god bless you user.

Oy vey! Blocked in the UK!

Attached: oyvey.png (642x363, 13K)

Why did conversations change the icon? It looks terrible now

anyone shilling xmpp is a reactionary fuck
come to IRC/matrix instead of your meme protocol

>not using Pix-Art

i.4cdn.org/gif/1539714015740.webm

Because daniel is a fucking faggot, that's why.

have they implemented video calls yet?

I want to move my chat with my wife away from hangouts/whatsapp/facebook messenger.

Should I go with matrix or xmpp? I'll selfhost, I have multiple domains and locations with fibre internet and servers. I think I want to go with matrix and riot? I need good text based chat, push messages with or without gapps, support for voicechat, videochat, e2ee. Maybe conference calls/video calls. Ip/sap phone integration?

even xmpp is better than matrix

like holy fuck matrix is a garbage fire.

OP is retarded. Stop shilling this thing that no one uses. Oh, and when you actually have something real to post, use regular English, not buzzward salad, mkay?

bad post

Nice post, now kys.

I've been running ejabber on my home server for years now getting my friends to install conversations to text message me. I just send them the f-droid apk url. Even if they're too stupid to understand end to end encryption its forced tls to my server. Some people refuse to install a dedicated app just to text me, then I know they aren't a good friend anyway.

I don't use any cloud services, including email, and I run it all on my home server. Even though it may not be best for high availability I like knowing the server is physically under my control. Every message I send is encrypted to my server and processed by my server. No NSA or ad company scanning it. Well, maybe not until it gets to a couple people's devices who I know are tech illiterate and run gapps.

xmpp will "just werk" on phones, like whatsapp or cuckbook messenger. Conversations for example works just like your text messenger, doesn't kill battery, push notifications work properly, etc.

I have no idea how matrix would work on a phone, but its not as established as xmpp. If you can easily host an xmpp server then just go with xmpp because it will work great, there is no reason to experiment.

too bad conversations doesn't support video calls and the main dev seems opposed to adding that feature

Fuck off.

most people don't care about video calls, but its open source, so w/e the "main dev" thinks doesn't prevent anyone from forking it if a lot people did want video calls.

Better or Worse than signal

The thing is, you don't make your account at "XMPP.com" or whatever. XMPP is decentralized and federated and shit, which turns off the nigger cattle. Centralization is the status quo, and what everyone seems to want and expect for some reason.

it's federated so infinitely better

This.