IT'S COMING BACK

phonearena.com/news/Winamp-is-set-to-make-a-big-comeback-as-a-mobile-first-all-in-one-music-player-in-2019_id110011

Attached: wa.jpg (852x480, 174K)

>winamp
If it doesn't look like the old win98 version then I don't care.

*sip* Winamp 2.95, now that used to be a legendary music player, whipped llama's ass.

Attached: winamp295.jpg (476x399, 58K)

It was pretty fucking good.
Using AIMP now just because it felt wrong having winamp in 2018.

I liked Winamp until it decided to take all of my RAM and slow down everything. At that point Foobar existed so I used that.

I read somewhere Winamp has remained popular in developing countries the whole time.

It's coming back

Looking like shit with shitty modern UI, you can bet on it

Winamp
Is
Not
A
Music
Player

DEADBEEFFFFFFFFFFFFF
oh wait mobile? uhh, will it be better than vanilla music? because pretty much all mobile players are absolutely fucking shit

>now with botnet and telemetry!
Ugh just fucking kill me

>t. Poobar dev

what kind of feature do you even want/need on mobile that isn't in one of the other music players these days

Winamp was a cool player for its time, but it's really been a long while. Ever since it's been gone, other players have since taken over the scene in its abscence.

How will they compete against Foobar2000, MusicBee, Clementine, AIMP and Audacious?

Attached: 800px-Foobar2000_logo_2014.png (800x1055, 58K)

Poobar2000 or MoosicPee? I've tried both. Sell me your music player.

Attached: Succubus.jpg (497x712, 115K)

fb2k is less intensive.
Also has better plugin support.

>mobile first
more like an abomination wearing winamp's name

better than botnet2000

>A mobile-first
Install mpd and ncmpcpp

Attached: NO THANK YOU.png (875x639, 297K)

idk if musicbee has this , but setting any color as foreground and background is great in foibar

Comeback?

It is still the only player I use, it whips the lamas ass.

*vomits*

>How will they compete against Foobar2000, >MusicBee, Clementine, AIMP and Audacious?

By having a media library and metadata editor that does what it should

Except Foobar does.

i cant believe people still care about this shit program. it died for a reason and the reason was plain boredom and void of development. it lacked several advanced features. I remember seeing skins for it and every single one... was made by a 11yo. probably.

>mobile first
I bet it wont even have USB audio.

Man, now it can WHIP THE LLAMA'S ASS on the go, too!

>I remember seeing skins for it and every single one... was made by a 11yo. probab

Attached: b97120b260d2eb64fc2026949408c14c.gif (320x200, 16K)

It's probably going to behave like any other generic media player using the standard Android API and just riding the Winamp name.

#savethellamas #rspca

>music player
>cares more about colors than playback or features

based AIMP bro

I don't use mobileshit so I don't care

if they're gonna update on the old desktop version, great. if not, fuck em because it's not really going to be winamp but some generic player using the winamp name

>2019
i need now

Attached: red.jpg (854x479, 55K)

why winamp was so popular?

Holy shit. It's wasn't actually an acronym right?

There was only one other option for playing mp3s before Winamp and it was very bare bones.

I'm not interested unless it supports the plugins.
My music player must support spc/nsf/gym/vgz/sid/hes/gbs/gsf/2sf/psf/usf/strm/kss/vgm/mod/it/xm/s3m, or my terrible taste for music can't be fully satiated.

because it really whips the llama's ass!

awesome news

sadly I'm a retarded teenager so i'm gonna find a way to complain about this too

FUCK ME IN THE ASS AND CALL ME JESSICA, I KNEW NULLSOFT WOULDN'T LET WINAMP HANG

Attached: Screenshot_1.png (1547x568, 246K)