What would happen if we had a graphics programming thread?

What would happen if we had a graphics programming thread?

Attached: DirectX-for-Windows-10.png (454x289, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs
forum.facepunch.com/dev/btaih/What-are-you-working-on-v68-Mid-2018/1/
github.com/ValveSoftware/ToGL
webm.land/media/KPpA.webm
cs.ubc.ca/~rbridson/docs/bridson-siggraph2007-curlnoise.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Vulkan 1.88 spec update is out!
github.com/KhronosGroup/Vulkan-Docs

You mean like Logo?

we would have a graphics programming thread

Graphics programming is too niche for a relatively fast-paced board

Id call you a faggot

based

It would be extremely painful.

Half the "programmers" on this board think fizzbuzz is an accomplishment. I doubt many have any experience with graphics programming.

>>>/villavu/ogl hook

I tried this a few months ago. Someone called me a shill or something and told me to go to that 3d modeling board.

Is this a joke? That thread is filled with designers and artfags. Almost no one there actually does graphics programming. Facepunch or gamedev.net are infinitely better.

If this counts, what does Jow Forums use to rip models from games

Stupid and entitled designers artfags too.
Graphics programming is fun as fuck.

it would transform into a retarded autism war between vulkan/opengl fags and DirectX virgins

facepunch?

What about the people who have written their own gaphics apis using opencl microkernals

(you)

I've been thinking of trying to make a simple DX11 renderer as a hobby project. I am just bored.

>implying a great war of graphics autism wouldn’t be made significantly better by just having people like that around
They exist and I want to ask them probably dumb questions.

why is graphics programming automatically associated with gaming in this bitch ? fucking cucks

Someone program an application to make logos on the spot.

The same as if we had a social competence thread.
No one here has the experience

/agdg/ is scared of programming their own shit, they wouldn't care for something like this. plus graphics programming can be applied to other things besides gamedev

Facepunch was originally created by the dude who made a half-life mod(garrys mod ithink).

This thread is specifically what I'm referring to when i talk about CG programming:
forum.facepunch.com/dev/btaih/What-are-you-working-on-v68-Mid-2018/1/

Now unlike /agdg/ (and most of Jow Forums in general) most people in that thread can code their way out of a paper bag.

I'm kinda convinced that CG threads can never thrive on websites like Jow Forums. 4chans design promotes low quality posts and shitposting.

Like retards can get away with spouting BS on Jow Forums threads because everyone is anonymous. Try that shit on the websites I mentioned an you would be laughed out of the forum.

I just got into the Ray Tracing in One Weekend series.

I'm actually employed working on things related to the linux graphics stack.
Don't bring your DirectX garbage here, though.

Attached: 1492831891533.png (556x561, 341K)

facepunch is full of fags and trannies, you need to go back

I'm upgrading a game engine (that started as a Quake 2 engine fork back in 1995) from Direct X 9 to Direct X10, with plans to later move it to Direct X 11.

I have already ported all sm2 and below shaders to shader model 3 today. Tomorrow I will work on replacing the Dx8/9 render start code to the dx10 render start code, and then upgrading my shaders to shader model 4.

Any tips?

Also the game engine supports OpenGL. Only on POSIX-compatible machines though.

Also it translates the HLSL shaders to GLSL when compiling them on Linux/Mac os

skip the upgrade to 10 and go straight for 11

Wouldn't it be easier to go to DX10 first? Isn't DX9 to DX11 too big of a leap?

Skip upgrading to 10 and go straight for Vulkan.

/thread

only new graphics cards support that

it would be a massive fucking circlejerk full of the usual suspects dont waste your time trying to have meaningful conversations about it here

I have NO CLUE how OpenGL is implemented in this, as I can't even enable it on Windows systems. I do have full and complete engine access though.

The shaders themselves are also coded in HLSL and translated to GLSL

github.com/ValveSoftware/ToGL

I was experimenting with curl noise a few months ago. I wanted to add this into a android game I was working on(everything is put on hold until my uni classes are over). I was also thinking about converting this to a live-wallpaper or something.

Footage( compression kills it)
webm.land/media/KPpA.webm

Paper on curl noise I used:
cs.ubc.ca/~rbridson/docs/bridson-siggraph2007-curlnoise.pdf

I hope we get to the point where they just get shot on sight.
We all know what they do when they come knocking.