Hello Jow Forums, what is the best indie private web browser? (by indie I mean independent of google...

Hello Jow Forums, what is the best indie private web browser? (by indie I mean independent of google, moilla and shit like that)

Attached: 1.jpg (225x225, 12K)

None. We are still waiting for the Coding Messiah to appear and make one after his fuse with the existing browsers is finally spent.

Dillo, w3m, lynx, qutebrowser

the web is shit. go outside

The nature of the web makes it extremely hard for that to exist. The specifications are just too huge, any renderer coded by a small team would be incomplete and render a lot of sties incorrectly.

Your best bet would be Firefox or Chromium forks.

Netsurf perhaps, but it is not the browser from the gods that you are likely looking for.

Kazehakase

ungoogled chromium

Attached: 1539638516156_1.png (447x404, 137K)

Waterfox

Can I run fucking Surf on Windows or not? Who can answer this?

No. If you're on Windows just use Chrome, since your privacy is obviously not very important to you.

Don't see why not, even if you had to build it with cygwin or something

Brave

I wanna play games though. Fuck. I'm on Waterfox now and want to use both but I guess I can't.
How do I do that?

get cygwin, install a compiler and all the dependencies for surf then build it.
Run an X server (for me, it's Xming), set your DISPLAY variable correctly and run surf

>I wanna play games though.
That's fine. But it's misguided to seek privacy when you're using Windows.

Falkon

I get that but I don't have another option until I can afford a new computer and convert this fucking laptop into a burner laptop with some distro and mess around on it.
Thanks. I'm working on this now.

keep in mind you might get errors that you have to fix yourself when compiling in cygwin. Not always, but sometimes you will. You may have to edit code itself or just the makefile/configure script but usually it's not too difficult. I'm a brainlet and can always figure it out eventually

>I don't have another option until I can afford a new computer
Then just stick with any browser, it really doesn't matter. Wait until you start using GNU, then you can be mindful of your privacy.

Otter browser

compiled firefox it's just fine

I've been using falkon for a while but some pages like overleaf don't work very well on it.