Ctrl+f

>ctrl+f
>no palm thread

Who's hyped for this ? I certainly am.
Too bad it will only be sold in the US at first

theverge.com/2018/10/15/17974850/new-palm-smartphone-android-lifemode-time-well-spent-verizon

Attached: akrales_181008_3004_0258.jpg (2040x1360, 508K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Unihertz-Smallest-Smartphone-Android-Unlocked/dp/B0752BYRHM/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I certainly am.
Literally why?

I don't have a smartphone, never did. I use pic related, which has a web browser.
I think the race for bigger and bigger phones is just a scam to make you buy each year a device with cheap components.
This phone is exactly what I needed and wanted to buy for a long time.

Attached: Objets mécaniques & électroniques 083 - Nokia X3-02.jpg (1200x1264, 297K)

That has buttons, this palm shit doesn't.
Typing on it is going to be fucking horrible.
Also, I find it ironic you're calling larger phones a scam when this is literally a gimmick product that will go nowhere.

Dunno, I actually have an old 3.5 inches smartphone that I bring on vacation because of the wifi sharing, and I can reasonably well type on it.
Maybe it will go nowhere, and I doesn't like the fact that it is intended to be paired with an actual smartphone, which I don't really have. And anyway it will be a verizon-only thing for now.
But at least I hope it will encounter success and launch a trend of small smartphones.

It won't.

Not with that price but I hope it will be popular enough and encourage other Android phone makers to make more

That pricetag though.

Pricetag aside I'm worried I might misplace/lost it because it's so fucking small

Only a fat fingered fuck like you would care about it having buttons.

do you use the wifi?
i don't need wifi
i use a 515
gorilla glass with no touchscreen, mein neger

>needs verizon service
>$350
maybe xiaomi will make a copy of it or something

I don't care about it having buttons faggot, I'm making the point that a small phone with buttons can work, but not a small phone with a touchscreen.

>$350
>Verizon only
Into le trash it goes

You could buy this for 350 bucks
Or you could just use your old android or buy a $100 chink one

Ooh, I had the 515 for a moment. Beautiful phone. But everything except the screen was scratched so quickly that I stopped using it.
Also I think I remember it has some serious flaws.

And yes, I sometimes use the wifi, I check buses and trains timetables.

Did you intend - and failed - to post the punkt phone ?

>$350
lmao
nope

this will flop so hard nobody will remember it ever happened

And yet how many thousand of dollars did you spend in the last few years for phones, computers, subscriptions to services, gadgets, any electronic devices ?

it needs to be $200 cheaper. this looks like the prepaid smartphones you can get from the grocery store for $50-100

How is all that other shit even relevant? What's relevant is that the last phone I bought was 330€ and it was a phone with a better screen, better processor, better memory and better battery
This is a gimmick phone.

Is this phone somehow supposed to "last longer" than other phones on the market?
It's a small android phone with 3GB of RAM. You will have to update this just as soon (actually a lot sooner) than any android phone you can buy today for $350 which will have twice the memory and processing power

>buying a new device because it has more memory and processing power

Gosh, I hope you never complain about your salary because you use it very badly

You get a new phone with better specs because your current phone with worse specs can't handle the apps you want to use and it starts lagging all the time. Or maybe support for it gets dropped and apps stop being compatible.
It's not something people do to brag about their phones' specs

If you actually watched the video, the device is useless if you don't already own a Smartphone. It's literally designed to be your "weekend" phone when you don't want to carry your big ass Android phone, because they are constantly increasing the size on that.

just buy this if you really want a small phone
amazon.com/Unihertz-Smallest-Smartphone-Android-Unlocked/dp/B0752BYRHM/

Use a T9 Keyboard, nerd. It was made specifically for mobile phones

>it's not something people do to brag about their phone's specs
>implying

Attached: anime_girl_hilariouz.png (416x396, 174K)

>theverge.com

>you vs. the guy she tells you not to worry about

not if you're buying some midrange 300$ phone

T9 was designed for tactile buttons, it's not that great on a touch screen.

who fucking cares? verizon is expensive as hell, has terrible customer service, locks down everything, and doesnt have the overwhelming coverage lead that it did 10 years ago.

all phones are flawed and an utter disappointment.

palm treo! oh wait, its just a chink copyright infringement name, nevermind
/thread

>live in nyc
>use an android phone with a wifi switching app, have 88% coverage through all of nyc.
i still dont pay for service
just use text free and you get an actual number for free, and if you ever need actual phone call ability, app does that too, but you have to pay a couple bucks or think watch an ad.

Works much better for me, especially on smaller screens. I'm typing better and a little faster if I use the XT9 function

must be nice. most people dont live in NYC though dude. 99% of the places I been in the city is PW protected wifi.

oh and run a global vpn so any connections you make are through an encrypted vpn, so you must root.

>paying $350 for a device that's useless on its own.
It would make a lot more sense for someone to buy a regular smartphone around or lower than that price.

A super low budget Chinkphone that's the exact category and type that's being sold in Europe as elderly people phone in discount stores?

but with tech-hipster marketing and custom elements to warrant 10 fold price increase?

Attached: index.jpg (225x225, 8K)

>Instead, it's a $349 gadget that has LTE connectivity but can't make calls on its own. It has to be paired to your smartphone, like an accessory. Then and only then will you be able to call and text with it.
>can't make calls on its own
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
dead before arrival

Nice phone, what make and model please? Looks like a Nokia

Buy a Nokia 1 for £50 and stick you sim in it you fucking cuck.

This. OP's pic related can't even accept a SIM card. You can't even buy it by itself. It's an extra plan you can sign up for $350 initially, with $10 monthly to share your main phone number with the small phone too.

Meant for

Jesus Christ. Americans really get fucked in the arse don't they. Just bought a Nokia 130 for a disposable second number while I sell some stuff online, cost £4.99 and £10 top-up. Phone is locked to Vodafone, but they will unlock it free after a month!

No sims are a fucking joke. Buy a cheaper pay as you go phone or sim free and get a cheap sim only plan. Cheap and does the job.

Oh, I didn't understand it could not accept sim cards.
Ok, it's useless and dead on arrival

Nokia X3-02.5. Absolutely love it. I have a few of them. I spent hours on gsmarena and this one is definitely the one that best suits my needs.
>Touch screen
>Web browser
>3.5G
>Wifi
>Actually good mp3 player, unlike modern nokia feature phone
>Possibly the smallest nokia phone, with 9mm thickness
>4-6 days of battery
>micro-usb charger...

you have no idea bro. our telcom industry is staffed to the rafters with fucking retards and scam artists. our states are fucking huge, and most are bigger than entire european countries, so of course they latch on that trying to claim costs are higher, when they really arent. they fuck us in everyhole, with a red hot poker.

Thanks, love Nokia. There current line up are good price and good specs. Got a 6.1 as my main phone £200. Fuck the idiots who think the need the fasted processors with gbs of ram to check fucking Facebook.

Inb4 'muh notch'

These fucking dicks are the reason we're have glass backs on new phones, they look cool and trendy but are fucking shit same with all these new bullshit features, go back to basics and lower the price. A phone is a tool for most of us not a fucking status symbol.

Not hating on my freedom-bros, I'd love to travel all over America, drive route 66 and see everything you guys take for granted. But holy shit, data caps, trigger happy toddlers and no free health care? I'll stay in the UK.

dont believe the trigger happy toddler meme. its not true outside of some meth heads kid being a meth heads kid. healthcare is fucked due to insurance companies writing the rules for hte past 60 years.

my grandparents paid a total of $147 for my mom being born in 1960. they got a bill for $5000 in 1962 when my uncle was born. my grandfather has said he will never pay that bill.

insurance is a scam 95% of the time, and other 5% they try like hell to weasel out of paying.

this

I guess we both get fucked in different ways. I get free health care but the government fucks me with tax, student loans, vat, income tax, council tax, poll tax and so on.

lol dude nice numbers but I'm sorry to say if you truly believe this device is comparable, you probably have Asperger's at the very least

they bought palm chucklefuck
you're so fucking braindead how do you make it through the day

all of us get in the ass from the govt. I used to hear my buddies that came over to study, bitch about how much better our prices were on food, housing, clothing, and fuel. one of them was shocked at how much less regulations there were for business compared to where he was from in england. he used to torment the whovian autists that would moan about how good brit telly was. he said for every 1 good thing in england there was 5000 shit things, and did they ever actually watch british tv? he would also go on these drunken rants about pakis and chavs that were comedy gold.

finepower c4

Attached: XANAX.jpg (685x385, 18K)

>Only 800mah battery.
Instantly dropped.

Should have atleast 1200mah.

false

>tcl
>Chinese company
hes still kinda right though

The screen is less than 4 inches, cumsack

If it was standalone and £50 sure. This is a joke.