Zoomer technolgy

Can anyone who interacts with them (12 yo and under) answer the following?

>what percentage own computers
>what percentage use facebook
>do they still overwhelmingly play videogames on consoles
>what percentage know how to torrent

Attached: 015.png (434x327, 55K)

>anyone who interacts with them (12 yo and under)
I wish

Attached: images.png (266x189, 8K)

>84.32603333% (repeating of course)
>63.10538251%
>yes
>94.31205242%

This should answer your questions.

the one who unironically do this are usually above 12yo

based truth man

>100 percent
>not that much, it's MySpace nowadays
>yeah
>50/50

>it's an "I'm so retarded I can't comprehend individuality and just group everyone younger than me together as if they're one person" thread

Attached: 1531570937990.png (522x500, 447K)

They were plugged in soon after birth.

Pity them.

source?

Hanged out on discord with a bunch for a couple of months what I gathered was this
>everyone sent back to using private Im crap like snap kik etc since fb is the new friendster
>most own shit tier Intel nvidia pcs console games are still kinda popular but because the ps4 and xboner are over 5years old the average shit pc runs better and can handle discord
>smart phones killed casual pc gaming
>most of them where Jow Forumsitically incorrect or at least showed signs of deprogramming
I got burnt out and quit over two weeks ago but I could go under cover again what else you want to know?
T. 28 year old nopedo
Average age was around 13-16 but close enough
Kids below that exclusively seem to game on mobiles since parents don't shell out for expensive luxuries like dedicated consoles or gaming pcs anymore and just go for a all in one device
I'll reinsert myself back into the normietrix soon and will report back
Sadly they only get memes regurgitated from instagram as well nobody even knows what the fuck redditor 4chans even is despite most of our content ending up there everyone knows pepe the frog
What else
Oh yes they hate venom apparently

I know two zoomers, one of them I built a PC for, he doesn't have a console. The other one has a shitty overpriced laptop and a ps4.
They both use facebook, one of them can into torrents.

I assume you only take answers from US citizens, since
> facebook
> consoles
However, I can tell you that very few people torrent nowadays, most just stream shit, not caring about quality or watermarks, as usual.

>normietrix
>28 y.o.
>hanging out with early teenagers on Discord
That's not very normal, user. People your age have wives and kids.

he's asking for percentages brother

Elementary teacher here.

I teach 3rd,4th and 5th graders, ~30 kids.

>Most of them have a computer in the house, but none of them OWN these machines, parents let them use those.
>None, parents prohibited facebook. Most have tiktok or whatsapp, sometimes instagram (which are arguably worse)
>They play wherever they can, phones, computers, they see a game in everything. Web flash games are still pretty widely played.
>None so far (we'll talk about torrenting tomorrow after I install an adblock so they can get on TPB without seeing "These mums fuck for free")

Attached: 1530851609054.png (331x132, 40K)

NIGGA

These kids don't have individual hobbies yet, and if so, they're miniscule in proportion. ALL of them know fortnite, ALL of them know tiktok. It's a pretty small ecosystem, so they might as well be one person.

They just need more aware leadership.

Personally, I am between the age of having kids and being a kid. I know how the web works and how to use it. Kids don't and their parents don't either.

Don't pity them, educate them.

Well you did ask for info
I rage quit anyway I'm sick of gaming with annoying immature bellends and losers
I just role played as their dad older bro etc
Lol I. Didn't know folks banned Facebook (pedos and info leaks?) good they are doing something right finally

Christ...

Attached: 1503681423228.jpg (342x316, 14K)

Well, parents know their kids shouldn't be on Facebook. I still pushed for a social-site purge, but while that failed (fuckers still have tiktok and shit), they ARE being monitored, i.e. 'Mom has to approve what I post, I only have a private account, etc.'
It was mostly because pedos, but infoleaks are something I tell the kids about. They always tell me "I have to tell my parents that." Not intrusive, but kids ARE more receptive to this, it seems.
>talk to parents at a school meeting
>start off with "I know kids want to have social media profiles, but..."
>over time, go into the deep end
>end up sounding like Alex Jones
>tell parents their kids don't need to be visible on the internet, that it is not good
>"I know I have a profile, I have a digital footprint, but I'm trying to get rid of it. What do you think kids know about this?!"
>parents approve
>school-wide "put your phones in the bin when you come to class" action has 100% approval
>Zucc's fw I'll teach kids about strong passwords, password managers and linux and shit.

Attached: lshowedyoumydatapleaserespondgiveemthe31881549.png (500x690, 156K)

Also, by the time they're old enough to use these social media sites, they'll fuck off to something new.
Wanna help? What social media should I teach about?

Shitty administration worker, school is for ages 3 to 17.

I don't know but most of them do not have any experience with PCs. Seriously. Desktops are more uncommon, like 1 in 10 pupils have one in the house.

FB is for geezers. Instagram is FAR more popular.

Those who play on consoles also play on their phones. Almost every single one of them plays on their phone.

There's the odd kid here and there you just know are better with technology, and I mean REALLY better, not in the meme sense of the word.

Kids these days aren't better with tech, it's bullshit. The ones who might know that sort of thing are the ones using a PC which is a minority of kids and teens nowadays.

So, I don't know, maybe 1 out 20? A lot of them do resort to shitty pirate streaming websites they find on Google, but anyone can use those and it works even on their phones.

If there's a decent open source alternative or something that's not quite as fucked as discord get then to use that
I miss when private chat rooms (before data mining) where actually a thing
Dunno if MSN chat was bad but I remember a bunch of hacked rooms and private stuff using its protocol before it got shuttered
Anyway that's ancient fag shit thanks for getting them the fuck off social media
Based

>low
>10%
Yes
>5%

Literally nothing has changed, lil boomers were dumb as bricks with computers back then as well.

Thus the name "Zoomers".

>decent open source alternative to discord
that'd be a nice thing. I'll find something they can chat on (personally, I'd prefer signal because OMEMO, but if it means my building a server and giving them access, fuck, I'll do it). XMPP, perhaps, although not all own smartphones.

>thanks for getting them off socmed
Thank the parents. I just reinforced the parents' will to ban them until the kids themselves realize they don't need that shit.

He literally said "what percentage", which implies different opinions

>Probably less than 60%
>70%
>Yes
>95% of them don't know what a torrent is

All of them if you count smartphones. Probably only a very few if you only count desktops/laptops
all of them
No, they use tablets/smartphones.
lmfao brul

Used to tutor some 5th graders in math about 2 years ago.
>>what percentage own computers
Mostly phones is what I saw. The school has computers for each student so they had no incentive to bring or talk about their own computer. I assume their phones and consoles met their need.
>>what percentage use facebook
They use Instagram
>>do they still overwhelmingly play videogames on consoles
Probably
>>what percentage know how to torrent
Definitely 0

Attached: 1706EFF298544B6084868F41D19B62CE.gif (284x264, 69K)

very scientific research

>They use Instagram
5th grades? Seems a bit young to me

No kidding.

Best I can do. Since I was considered as another adult I wasn't treated as a peer. My severe anxiety didn't help me when talking mental notes. I'm extremely good at hiding it though. To this day everyone there thinks I'm just a dude who is very laid back and calm.

>Definitely 0
There are always some smart ones out there that can think for themselves

0.0001 is approximately 0.

technically am a zoomer, and still do everything you do. This is a shit meme only applying to actual fucking children. you too were probably this autistic as a child.

Teacher here, rural region of Germany.
Sample size (students aged 11-13): 80
Most of this is guesswork since teenagers hide their powerlevel when teachers are nearby. But goddamn do they suck at that when they're young.

1/4 use a family/parents computer at 12. Only very few (1-2%) "own" one in the sense that only they use it. The latter number gets up to ~50% when they're 18-19, which is the highest age at my type of school.
Wen I first started teaching I went all in - Let's teach this kids how to download and archive images and videos so they learn the internet can be controllable is not just what an app allows you to do! Let's teach them how to make presentations before they become an NPC and create those bullshit powerpoints that just duplicate what you're saying.
That fell flat on its face because the vast majority wasn't able to accurately click on things with a mouse, which is my main indicator for prior computer use.
They fared better when using Touchpads. Trackpoints are weird at first but they understand them quickly.
I still do the things mentioned above, but now I actually just play some games where you need to use the mouse at first so they learn how to click on shit.
Multitasking (What a taskbar does and the fact that multiple programs can be used side by side), Drag&Drop and a hierarchical directory structure are also huge barriers at that age and need to be taught.
40% at 12, 90% at 18. They view it more like we view a letter or e-mail though, as "official correspondence" with adults.
Also most of them use memes wrong, even the reddit ones.
>do they still overwhelmingly play videogames
Yes, on smartphones. Almost all of the boys do, 50% of the girls.
> on consoles
At 12 few on full size consoles (10-15%), more if you include handhelds (~50%). At 18 full size consoles are more widespread (60% of the boys, 10% of the girls)
[cont]

[cont]
Almost none, Mabye 0,5% at 12 and 5% at 18. I never found anyone that knows how to use Usenet.
They're pretty good at finding pirate streams though. Also the average Netflix account has like 10 people on it.
In contrast to the interfacing problems mentioned at the beginning, my young students are actually much better at searching with Google than I expected, I thought I would have to teach that too but it was mostly a no-brainer for them. The only problem that appears repeatedly is that some just literally quote my assignments to Google instead of trying to search the actual terms related to the subject matter.

I don't know if this is country or culture related, but from my point of view you overestimate what children are actually allowed to own or have at age 12. Germany has a tripartite school system, I teach at the most difficult type and there is a strong correlation with the social class of the parents. The parents of my students pay some attention to what their children are doing in their freetime.

Why? Facebook is bad in their parents' eyes, but Instagram is something completely different, isn't it?
>this is what parents actually believe

My brother is 9, soon to be 10. Has no facebook or actually any media account. Plays some single player games on his phone and i let him play fortnite on my pc sometimes. Has rl friends. Im happy i interract with my bro and we dont live separately.
Oh and if this is a pedo post ill drop your fat ass faster then diabetes if you go near my bro.

*he plays on my moms phone*

>close to around 10% own computers.
>Almost none use facebook, if they do it's most likely just to get rewards in games.
>Most play video games on ipads, a small fraction play on consoles, an even smaller fraction on pc
>close to 0

>tfw obvious messiah complex
Stop patting yourself on the back for every little thing you do.

I worked in elementary and middle schools and will gladly answer your questions.
maybe 15-20% own an actual dedicated pc
if you include laptops you break into the 60% area but this is mostly their parents macbook
gaming pcs are rare and usually due to an older family member having one.
>facebook
probably 90% or more. you are ostracized and mistreated if you don't have a facebook in school now.
>consoles
yes far more console gaming than anything else
>torrent

Trueman
Ftfy

One of the most enlightening things is realizing that every image/file hosting site didn't add drag and drop functionality for ease of access but because every single modern computer user is so fucking retarded they have no idea how to navigate any filesystem/browser.

But you see, that sort of thing is good for me.
That way, I'm not a grumpy cunt all the time.

>zoomer
>12 yo and under
doesn't add up, you sound like a pedo OP
Also hopefully none, it's bad enough that adults use facebook. And the day I get forced to use fecesbook I don't want to interact with literal children, it is bad enough dealing with manchildren and whatever the female counterpart is called IRL.

What exactly is so hard about torrenting? Like download a client, go to tpb or some site, search your query and download it. Wow, how complicated! If they were able to install Fortnite, what's so hard about torrenting a movie?

80%
10%
Yes
5%

tablets are huge bro

>most own phones
>most
>most
>none

>hanged out

Attached: 1524152873959.png (1044x720, 380K)

Oh no it's some little kids enjoying video games made for them. How awful.

Did she look in the mirror?

I have a younger brother who sometimes tells me about his classmates, so I guess I know a little bit.
Most of the kids have smartphones, few have laptops. None use facebook - facebook is considered trash for elders. They do use VK, though. VK is practically just as trash as fb, maybe even worse with even more spying and censorship.
My parents don't let my brother have a phone, he only has a laptop which he is only allowed to use under their supervision for wikipedia articles and stuff.
Honestly, this generation is just as fucked up as ours, if not worse. (greetings from Russia)

At least when I was a kid the games we obsessed over weren't fuckin trash like this, people and kids are still playing Mario and Pokemon you fuckin retard kys

>facebook is considered trash for elders. They do use VK, though
na- NANI???
>(greetings from Russia)
That explains it.

a fucking lot
most have it but it's shit so they use snapchat and insta
>game on console?
yes, mostly because it's cheaper than pc though and can still get fortnite and shit
>torrent
people use spotify etc. for their music instead of limewire and that kinda shit, but under 12s have different priorities and dont care enough to torrent. They just watch youtube a lot.

Attached: worry.png (630x630, 603K)

>league of legends
>not fortnite

literally every kid I know either plays fortnite or pretends to his friends that he does even though he's not allowed to by his parents

Just forwarded this thread to the Interpol and NCMEC

Thank you for further wasting their time while actual criminals get away with it because NPCs like you report pointless shit like this.

Attached: npchappened.jpg (1677x1765, 421K)

You're not fooling anyone, pedo. I'm keeping a close eye on this pedo board for them

>100% (family or GAYMEN one)
>100%, but they use other things more (snapchat for instance)
>Yes, and mobile phones, or use their PC for fortnite/minecraft etc
>0%

Middleschool teacher here
I don't think they use computers, just phones and tablets. Maybe laptops when they really need to.
Can't get them off instagram or snapchat. Don't see them on facebook much.
Most of them have PS4 and love it.
None of them can torrent.

You guys realize zoomers are in their 20s right?

So what's 12-19 then alphas?

Gen Z (zoomers) are like preteens to early 20s. The next generation after that are still too young to have a proper name.

>12
What? Zoomers are like 16 and under.

>which app do I download??
>how do I get torrents?
>this site looks shady af...
>what's a magnet link?
>how do I watch a movie I just torrented?
Don't overestimate zoomers

i can guess
+60%, but the percent that actually use them is probably below 20%
10% i would also guess, but only to interact with family, because most zoomers and millennials only use twitter and reddit actively
yes, a majority do.
probably below 10%