NEED URGENT HELP

NEED URGENT HELP.

I started python programming two days ago, and I started using this board at the same time. I saw a lot of people recommending Linux, specifically Gentoo. I started to install it but idk what to do. It boots to a command prompt or something and I can't use it. I want to be a programmer/hacker but this is too hard. This is also on my new and only computer I got for my birthday two weeks ago. Help!

Attached: le2rlwe3z0s11.jpg (1080x1080, 77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Complete_Handbook#Installing_Gentoo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Install Gentoo

I already did that. What now? I can't do this.

wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Complete_Handbook#Installing_Gentoo

Type python and hit enter. There, you're now programming with python.

Can you condense that. It's too long.

Install cloveros. It does all that but better and faster

You've been me-me'ed newfriend.

There's not much to condense I believe, there are too many variables and choices that you have to do yourself.

Just install one of the other popular distributions like Ubuntu, Debian or CentOS. If you run into trouble with one of these there's usually an easy solution because many people are using these. With Gentoo you are likely getting a system that only you will understand, because you "created" it.

OP you are a brainlet desu~

install gentoo is a meme, you got memed hard
"man emerge" will tell you how to install programs
assuming you did network stuff properly, install links and go to ubuntu.com, download an iso
after that, insert the installation media for gentoo and type "lsblk", it'll show the device and its partitions, take note of the device descriptor (/dev/sdX)
then as root do "dd if=ubuntuimage.iso of=/dev/sdX status=progress" where ubuntuimage.iso is the image that you downloaded and /dev/sdX is the install media device descriptor, double check it before you hit enter
reboot and install ubuntu ^-^
also this~ big love OP, stop visiting Jow Forums in general and good luck

Attached: gelbooru.com 2272806 10s 1girl anchor_symbol aqua_eyes aqua_hair bullpup chibi dragunov_svd gun hat (850x944, 118K)

Can you translate to English???

It's pretty straight forward. The gibberish is just stuff you need to copy paste or compare.

this
you should really lurk more before doing something like listening to us, op.

>I want to be a programmer/hacker but this is too hard. This is also on my new and only computer I got for my birthday two weeks ago
Jesus OP, how old are you?

>falling for the gahnoo/loonix/autism meme
AHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Whats has the pic got to do with your post?

12 but I can DDOS so I'm a hacker already

confirmed larp

Oh wait I forgot. I can also hax Roblox and I turned 13 yestersay

Install Ubuntu. I don't care what anybody else on this board says, if you're not able to work through a walkthrough and install Gentoo or Arch, just stick with a version of Linux that does everything for you to start. You'll pick up enough as you go along that you'll learn enough to install Gentoo or Arch down the line.

You can still do anything that you'd need to do with python on Ubuntu.

If you've bricked your only access device other than a phone, hit up your local library or school with a flash drive and download the iso there.

Under fucking rated

nah use a mac instead. the installation process is so much easier

>Ubuntu
NO. DO NOT. Just install Debian, which is a perfectly acceptable introduction to Linux.

>I saw a lot of people recommending

>Deadian aka Plebian, which is a perfectly acceptable introduction to Linux
based funposter

Gentoo has a very steep learning curve. Start small with a distro like Ubuntu or Mint.

oh my god you don't need an entire fucking linux distribution to learn python. Python has a perfectly good windows shell available at python.org

The only advantage linux has IS the command line. Which you can get by installing the debian linux subsystem from the windows store.

ask mommy for a kindle and some book money
buy a linux for dummies book and a python hacker book
read them and practice the examples given
program your leet pooter

Just install Lubuntu, it works and is "lightweight".

Gentoo is for people who had a lot of experience in Unix, damn, start with something easy.

Try to ask for some books, IDEs (ask ask ask) and make a lot of mistakes. A lot. Try and error. Thats how I learned stuff and how a thing needs other thing.....

Also, some linux-es(People call'em distros) have a very useful command : "man"
Type "man [command-you-need-info]" and the terminal will prompt some useful info.

IN linux, every f* program needs to be "build" from scratch, that means, getting te code, compile it, check the libraries if we have enough, etc; Unless your program comes in .DEB or is installable through a repository (apt-get, etc)

Good luck, user. Its hard, but a good ride. Be optimistic, and read a lot. Really. Forums,READMEs, what is this, that....

Also, don't be rude with yourself. If something works, works. If you need to use Windows apps, install Wine. Don't fall in the EDGY meme; python is a nice start, try to build simple things and practice a lot.

:)

Attached: d36af7e9fa_Hombre-regresando-Capture.png (304x195, 112K)

Also this .

Good luck, man (or woman ww)

Attached: linux.png (314x145, 2K)

There is an app called "SoloLearn", it needs internet, has a lot of languages to teach.

Attached: a6fN92L1.jpg (1261x1000, 278K)

wwって?キミに2chanから?

No one gonna comment on how they got matrix and array wrong?

Nope, that's mathematically correct.

posting in a troll thread