I can't take any more cs classes besides the intro to Java unless I finish 3 more classes (calc 2,3 and linear algebra)

>i can't take any more cs classes besides the intro to Java unless I finish 3 more classes (calc 2,3 and linear algebra)
>I'm going to waste my entire 2nd year studying something I don't want to
>defending cs in the current year

Fuck you all for tricking me into this. I can't even transfer out since I already signed my one year lease. God damn it and don't tell me "just self study bro" when I'm neck deep in fucking doing integration problems by hand when a computer can already do these in 10 milliseconds

Attached: Hisnameisapuapustaja_72a7028672d542bb8cac8fd8354a6e12.jpg (495x362, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg}
cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/comp455/slides/fsamin2.5.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The American education system has failed you. Are you going to whine about it, or do something about it.

also sage

Adderall+Real meth+Sips=Bachelors and heart attack

lame, kys

>another euro poor claiming American education blows
>doesn't realize out of the top 100 global universities, 90 of them are in the USA

Attached: superior-european-uni.jpg (1060x1506, 578K)

yeah math sucks but you get through it. Just remember that like 40% of the cs classes are actually good.

I'm American and German. I've seen and experienced enough in the US to know the American educational system is shit AND predatory.

Attached: 1529036149111.jpg (768x1024, 127K)

>Not EE

HA!

dumb frogposters

>Adderall+Real meth+Sips=Bachelors and heart attack
Don't do this, and real meth has impurities in it that are potentially worse for you than meth.

memeputer """""""""""""""""science""""""""""""""" wont help you get girls or muscles whiteboi

>top 100
They are ranked by the number of niggers studying there though.

As a java nigger you will do a lot of such stuff.

Seriously, math and related subjects are the most important ones in a CS major. I'm a few years out of uni, and I wish I had taken more math classes.

All the rest you can easily learn by yourself, math is harder. Especially if you don't have classmates or teachers to guide you.

It's also what separates people from code monkeys. They cannot into math.

Dat right, we wuz kangz

Attached: 58778192-9D10-4337-821F-890989A805DA.jpg (593x744, 48K)

>only 40%

Attached: 8bkya6z3xes11.jpg (750x1004, 55K)

Math won't kill you. If you can't do the math transfer to a good community college. Chemeketa CC has an excellent CS catalog, check it out.

Bachelors degrees are a meme.

lmao, another one bites the dust.

>amerimutts complaining about their education system
i had to pass fucking psychology and philosophy classes to get BE in CS
at least i found out that Wittgenstein was based af

linear algebra is literally peasant tier as is most of calc 2
grow up brainlet

>can't handle basic math
you would have made a shitty computer scientist anyway

>Fuck you all for tricking me into this
I didn't, but fuck you for falling for Jow Forums memes. Ever.

Kill yourself

That's college in a nutshell. You'll also be required to take nonmajor general education classes too, like WE WUZ KANGZ 101.

Those classes aren't even super hard, bitch

>graduates less qualified than decent highschool
funny, i just recently compared indian "graduates" to our regular school system, putting them roughly between 10th and 11th grade in qualification.
How did the guardian arrive at this comparison and conclusion?
Guess it's not racist because they're belittling two poor EU countries?

Math is easy. Memorize equations/expressions and the steps to solve them. Easier than anything else you will take.

>how did the guardian arrive at this
>ignores OECD in headline

Maybe you should have checked your prerequisites. I get it though. I didn't and I'm taking calc 2, discrete math, linear algebra and calculus based physics all this semester. Depending on your college, calc 2 isn't that bad and there are a lot of resources to help you pass and linear algebra is actually brainlet tier. As long as your professor doesn't require attendance, you don't even have to go most of the time. Math classes aren't even that bad. If you're shit at them, get tutoring and actually practice. It's a non-issue.

>enrolls in CS (practically a sunset of math)
>doesn't like math
>*slams his hand on desk*
>"BRO WHY TF DO WE NEED MATH BRO FUCK THIS SHIT BRO"
Just study harder, OP.

>sunset
Subset*

>just study harder
This will only get you so far. Sometimes it's better to give up and try something else.

>his school uses Java

Attached: CS school.png (2200x3276, 2.97M)

>unless I finish 3 more classes (calc 2,3 and linear algebra)
>>I'm going to waste my entire 2nd year studying something I don't want to

How are you still taking calculus 2 in your second year?

Attached: CS program (that's not shit).png (359x1176, 114K)

> I saw some shitty state school maybe in Amrika or maybe heard an ad for Strayer on the radio.

Didn't go to MIT, Harvey Mudd or CalTech. STFU, kraut.

Check this out
{c flash {youtube.com/watch?v=hT_nvWreIhg} insert FXBH$}

What is with all these faggots lately posting about "whhhaaaa math"? Seriously, enough of this shitty bait.

I've had a guy who worked in managment positions in many companies telling me that whenever they got a CV from an american with a bachelors that was like highschool for them.

Also I look at your maths SATs, what a fucking joke the hardest question on those is MUCH easier than the easiest one on our equiavelent.

>Dasgupta Algorithms
>Rosen Discrete

uh oh I feel attacked

>calc 2,3 and linear algebra
Kek, you have to study for that? How did you pass high school?

That's my discrete math book for my class this semester on the left on the shitty column. It really is a shitty book and I'm going to a shitty school. Luckily my professor is the best one for discrete math and you don't have to read the book if you go to class.

>falling for the computer science meme
>not going to a college with a real Software Engineering track
wew

Attached: 1429395326604.jpg (500x615, 91K)

Take it from a guy who interview you nerds, the first words out of my mouth are:
"Hi user, before we get started I just want to let you know, and this just between you and me, I mean I feel like you have a real shot of making it here I just gotta say, personally, (I lean in here and lower my tone like on a sales call) I think anyone who went to school to learn this shit isn't really the type of guy I want on my team. But, I totally get the technicality of getting that piece of paper, believe me, but for both our sanity's sake I'm not gonna ask you any bullshit questions about whether or not you know the difference between your pecker and a compiler. All I want to know is how you're going to make me money, so whatchya got for me user?"

losing responses tend to be:
>"uuuuhh" "w-well you see..."
winning responses tend to be:
>"Tell me what you want to build and I'll build it."

please stop posting user

Sounds like you go to Miami University. How close am I?

>>Dasgupta Algorithms
>>Rosen Discrete

They're both shit that would bore middle schoolers for being too easy.

fuck you fucking fuckers who say that math is easy. eat shit.

I wish I could punch you through my screen.

Learn to accept your intellectual disability and stop being so angry.

It is in CS. You have no idea what hard math is.

Complains about Calc 2, that's what highschoolers take in their junior year. Grow up.

i dunno man i think everyone in uni should pass calculus and algebra

they are also very good to weed out early incompetent people

No it's not.

become a cuck and rape yourself

You're a fucking tard for believing that you don't need math for cs

if they're honors or AP then yeah, sure. most highschoolers do not take those classes.

I'm in my first year at uni in CS, they put me in CS2 class my first year when I should be in CS1. They put me in CS2 because I took AP CS in high school but I got the lowest score on the fucking test and when I tried to change it there was no openings at all. They literally fucked me over. Fucking hate CS.

HS Comp Sci AP was only Java since most American universities I have looked into focus on Java for the most part only and nothing else. I fucking suck at Java though. I am better at meme languages like Ruby and C++

You're one state away. I go to KSU, a shitty college North of Atlanta. They merged with SPSU the semester before I started going there unfortunately and everything has gone down hill ever since for the old SPSU CS department.

how can you be good at C++ but suck at a brainlet language like java?

In high school caluclus was easy as fuck but I sucked at statistics and everyone thought that was weird. Guess I am a tard

its probably autism, i suck at calculus and love statistics. same with c#/java but i hate c++

>autism
I hope not

at least your school has a CS program.
>mfw I'm computer information systems major
>tfw in 5th year after dropping out once.
>It dawns on me that I think I would interested in CS instead.
>would have to go to another school because mine doesn't have it.
>mfw haven't done any calc or physics. my only math courses are college algebra and statistics.
>who know how long it would take for me to graduate.
this no greater despair

Attached: sgegseg.jpg (220x229, 5K)

Kek, just wait until you're in your fourth year studying theory of languages and Turing machines.

Not him but my school doesnt have stuff that advanced

But that actually sounds fun. Calculus isn't fun.
Trig was fun cause you got to learn about the sinusoidal nature of certain thinks and the relation between triangles and circles which helps you understand the physical world. Algebra is fun because it allows you to build expressions and equations that you can use to describe most things.

For me it was defining grammars in preparation for compiler shit
>tfw still no idea how I got this shit to work but it did somehow

Attached: Screenshot_20181016_224523.png (1197x911, 71K)

What even is this? This is what I get for learning comp sci in public school in America

A library I had to make for dealing with definite finite automata graphs, I think this part was for minimizing the graph (taking out logically equal nodes, etc)
Fuck if I can follow my code any more, it's from ~2007

Some article that came up on it if you're interested: cs.unc.edu/~plaisted/comp455/slides/fsamin2.5.pdf

>tfw failed calc 2 equivalent of my country 3 times in a row
God darn why do I have to study Laplace transforms and Gaussian and greens theorems? I have no fucking idea what the theorems even do. It's funny since I'm doing really well in other CS subjects, even math based ones, but failing in pure math.
What fuckery is this?

>math engineering students need to take
>"pure" math

Boy, are you in for a surprise for actual math classes

Attached: 60gbpdxk4v6z.jpg (482x295, 26K)

>Boy, are you in for a surprise for actual math classes
A-art they h-hard?

I'm lost with this article

The sat and act are not designed to be hard with individual questions. The difficulty comes from doing all questions rapidly and wisely ignoring some to maximize your score. SAT and ACT are unabashedly up to high school junior education to facilitate US high school seniors.
Go stroke your dick some more by feeling good about basic college tests

>tfw I failed pre-calc 5 times and am now barely scraping by with a C in Calc 2
I was a mistake

Attached: D5879DA7-3796-4C17-845A-0083FE65AAF4.png (1066x600, 276K)

Calc is easy, I'm struggling with Comp Sci 2

Comp Sci 2 is easy, I'm struggling with *insert a level higher class*

Attached: everyone_is_stupid.jpg (500x376, 204K)

Maybe CS isn't for you?

>being so much of an NPC you can't even do research before making a decision

I'm about to fail my calc class.
>current grade is 43%
>mfw I would need to get >95% on the rest of my tests and finals to get an A

Attached: misery.png (849x483, 643K)

haha! le reddit funnies!!!

why do I feel like I see these threads every single fucking day of the week now

is it like the college equivalent of school summer vacations?

Hey OP, quit being so fucking edgy. Grow up, study, actually fucking *try* and then talk.

AH-BLAH-BLAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

good luck fren

>why do I feel like I see these threads every single fucking day of the week now
Because you're aware of it, you now notice it more. Otherwise your brain just tunes it out.
It's like when you become aware that you're blinking or breathing.

just teach yourself to program
college is for those that lack the willpower to teach them self

>be me, 3rd try at college am now 31 year old man
>absolutely crushing it, even though I have full time school and full time work
feels good man

Attached: smiling tidus.jpg (473x354, 35K)

yeah except you're the old man creeper in every class, basically a registered sex offender

what the fuck were you doing the first two times

Got really depressed and shit because I was young and stupid.

how do you get really depressed two times, people usually learn after the first major depressive episode

I don't know but it's gone now so it's no big deal. School is easy as fuck now and I love watching all the young bois struggling with easy stuff.

Why are you studying math when all you wanted to do was programming?

>bragging about failing out of college twice
>bragging about being able to understand something someone 10 years younger than you is struggling with the first time

Thats like a young adult going into an elementary school and laughing at kids since you know how to multiply and divide numbers

Math is easy if you put in the slightest effort you fucking ingrate

Attached: 1519469305244.jpg (626x386, 58K)

You'd do it if it was acceptable, user.

CS destroied my fucking life. Just fking drop it! DROP IT!

You need basic understanding of languages to make a compiler
Does your school entirely skips compilers?
Calculus can be fun for optimization problems and probability