why are managers like this?

Attached: abigail.jpg (356x436, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/r/benshapiroshow/sPTKd
docs.python.org/2/tutorial/classes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Does abigail have a cute dick?

She does not.

Attached: abigal mommy shapiro.png (556x435, 196K)

Why does it matter? You're a software developer, not a C++ coder, are you?

Damn, nice rack

>that's not what I applied for

I wouldn't call using python a software developer. Its scripting and couldn't even come close to tge actual amount of lines of code to create actual software

>Get job at big company
>Hey user, what languages do you know
>Oh, I did embedded C as part of my degree, and a bit of python as a hobby
>Okay, here's a C++ textbook, read this for the next month
>Finish the book in a week
>Boss tells me to just practice because they're not ready for me yet
I love my job, just getting paid to do what I did in uni.

I compile so I'm superior

>loc are a good measure of software dev

>LoC
pajeet detected

C++ has a working interpreter, so it's a scripting language.

Attached: 1532043368696.jpg (313x209, 25K)

This is not OP fwiw

>apply for C++ embedded job
>everything goes smoothly
>third meeting in
>talking salary
>basically offering to pay me with rocks
Why did I fall for the programming meme again?

Milk truk jus arive

>im fluent in spanish
>sweet, youre hired
>we need you to speak german

>every day at work half shift get moved to different department
>figured this is my fate
>come half shift ask boss if he needs me in other department yet
>we will see
>sends somebody else

>tfw just a few more months and I'll have saved enough to DOX the reCaptcha department of Google and rape all their wives.

>coder
Want to know how I know you're part of the problem

>programming in different languages is the same as speaking different languages
try again, filthy code monkey

>apply for Python embedded Job
>don't know shit and copypaste from google
>it works

sweet mama jesus

Being proficient in C++ does not translate into being proficient with Python.
You can shit out working Python code, sure, but everything you write will be fucking garbage because you won't be savvy to the underlying Pythonista list comprehension and iterative-space based way of thinking, which is never documented or spelled out clearly anywhere in any tutorial or documentation. You literally just have to use it long enough to slowly learn about the interpreters idiosyncrasies to understand what to do and what not to do to make things go fast because Python doesn't play by normal language design rules.

I'd embed my C++ in her concepts

C++ is a prank (confirmed by Bjarne himself)

I don't think she believes in jesus

>python embedded
that's not how that works son. rasbpi doesn't count.

I think I hired you. Sorry about that.

You did not.

Why did she have to marry the most beta balding cuck imaginable?

Attached: 5979845668.jpg (1572x1832, 473K)

Mark?

Grug no like rock?

No. Sam?

python compiles on the fly. so technically counts as compiling too

I would quit instantly.

I used that word intentionally. Someone who's too stupid or too lazy to use another language if needed doesn't deserve to be called a programmer or even a software developer. He's just a code monkey.

i will take of job sir

No reply, uh oh.

It can at handle over 500 lines of code and has oop unlike python . What commercial software is made in python? Ill wait

Cant

>get hired
>never did anything outside of school
>forgot most of the syntax and basics
>learn everything on the job again
>learn everything on the job never bringing anything home
Feels gud

is this really her?
imgur.com/r/benshapiroshow/sPTKd

>imgur.com/r/benshapiroshow/sPTKd
Nope, just an equally busty and hot Jew slut from UMass named Rachel.

EvE Online for example.
It's also used in components of various programs and webservices around. As you might know, most big projects are not written in a single language.
Also don't forget there are things like Django, which is fairly popular. I believe Instagram runs on it, for example.

On a less commercial sense, but still important: python is widely used in scientific research. Fortran and C/C++ are also popular, but python works very well for fast coding, and it has a fuckton of libraries.

Attached: 1535566338479.jpg (550x547, 46K)

90% of new python programmers are zoomers straight out of coding bootcamp who will leave for the next meme industry within five years

why have i jerked off to this mediocre bitches tits more than better looking women?

>mediocre bitches tits

How dare you insult those glorious, pure-blooded Jewish khazar milkers.

Those are some of the finest in the world. If not THE finest.

Well, then let them leave. If they become le code artisan hipsters they will start using JavaScript/node anyway. Python might be popular now amongst them because it feels easy to learn, but they will eventually see it as boring. It's simply too nerd in comparison to their Starbucks-fueled poo.js

Meanwhile worthy people will keep expanding Python with good libraries and projects.
Some worth mentioning are astrophysics, poliastro, the Atomic Simulation Environment, numpy, scipy... There's also various machine learning frameworks available, if you are interested in that (they are able to use GPUs of course)

You will note that some of these libraries contain C code. But this should not be surprising. Cython is a thing.

First one is astropy, sorry.

what's "LoC"?

lines of code

>In an announcement that stunned the computer industry, Ken Thompson, Dennis
Ritchie and Brian Kernighan admitted the Unix operating system and C
programming language created by them is an elaborate prank, kept alive over
20 years.
Jokes on you, all programming is prank

c++ embedded? I thought most embedded programmers write C and pretend that they're writing assembly?

delet this

sounds like you should be writing a book because i had no idea about that stuff before reading your post

you finished learning C++ in a week??

Attached: s-l1600.jpg (839x1000, 93K)

Attached: 71AjmVOm+ZL.jpg (2073x2560, 245K)

he didn't say that he mastered c++, only that he finished the book

I read accelerated C++, because I already know C. It was only 400 pages, didn't take that long.
It was enough to go over the code base and understand what's going on.

Side note, what the fuck did google do to the keyboard? Never mind, just fixed it

Attached: Screenshot_20181017-122556.jpg (1080x1920, 286K)

god i wish that were me

kek

Electricity would run through the metal, making a short circuit instead of flowing through your body. It's not enough to kill a person though; unless you have a pacemaker

>apply for front end dev
>great we'll have you work on our backend that's in PL/SQL

>Node.JS
That's the fucking problem, are you blind?

milk truck just arrive

This is the fakest and gayest larp I've seen on Jow Forums

Oof. I had to talk a co-worker out of PL/SQL hell a couple weeks ago. You know it's shit when my selling point is "it's way cleaner in Java"

I still can't believe someone was able to make such an atrocity and people still use it.
I mean, I haven't seen COBOL and I've heard it's worse but yea, I'm only going to believe it once I see it

> scripting
shut the fuck up

fking idiots standing around all day 'waiting for it to build' im sorry i will use python

this is equivalent to the pricks at microsoft 'writing it all in C' thinking they are fucking superior, when the turnaround from the interpretive smalltalk system, was so much faster. they had a cruddy, inflexible system from the start. Sure I write in python, but I think more creatively than you morons

fuck java
java is bloat
java is flawed
fuck emac

comfy

>and has oop, unlike python

Attached: 16e.jpg (903x960, 45K)

>node/python
>why are managers like this?
fucking based you mean?

The job was advertised to be embedded development. It is not. It's false advertising. Both the employer and the employee have a duty to be honest to each other so they can pursue their goals appropriately. By lying about the job, the employee can no longer meet his goals appropriately and trust has been fundamentally broken between management and the employee. Assuming that the dev doesn't quit right then, there are additional long term and short term disadvantages at play here. Personally, I'd quit just because an atmosphere where that is acceptable is extremely toxic and is very likely filled with bad managers and probably more. It also shows a major disconnect between the hiring process and the need for additional developers. These are all very bad signs user.

Is that Filthy Frank?

A better analogy might be
>I'm fluent in spanish
>sweet, you're hired
>we need you to speak french

something happened behind the scenes to get you booted off the project. either the project was axed from on high, or someone at the last minute said they didnt want you on the team

french is better than spanish

software developers are so hard to come by that some places will just pre qualify you for projects they think you can learn. it's not too bad but a little frustrating.

Back in my university years I set out to learn c++ in summer intending to learn it inside out before the next semester began. I ended up learning English first using Bruce Eckel's book and a dictionary. It was funny that I never quite finished the chapters beyond templates. Instead I ended up solidifying my C bases and learning c++'s casting and other similar stuff.

underrated

True enough, but I studied up on an undersaturated niche like embedded so I could specialize.

>python embedded
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Equally busty and hot Jew with the same face

Based.

>Hire a smarty pants low leve (on the stack) programmer
>He says python and node are for brainlets
>Assign him on a quick few day project just to get it out of the way so we can continue with embedded
>He struggles for months

>node run server
>project compl33t sir

You should have thrown in some more buzzwords so this could be copy-pasta.

If you understand C / C++, and especially if you are familiar with a scriptish lang, you should be able to be production-ready in Python in like ... a week of practice at most. Sure there are language idiosyncrasies and speed optimizations as with any language, but you can learn that as you go.

>Knowing a strongly typed psuedo functional compiled languages means you should be good to go in an interpreted type inferred scripting language

docs.python.org/2/tutorial/classes.html

>get hired for difficult job
>get paid to do easier job
>use resulting free time to complain on Jow Forums

>JS is easier than C/C++

i can tell you've never been in industry. i'd rather flip bits all day then deal with the 15,000 layers of abstraction that shit like Node runs on

She has milky bobs for pregnancy.

who's the gril on the bottom? feel like I should know her

>so hard to come by
more like people are incredibly picky
did bootcamp graduates fuck everyone over?

>pre qualify
Explains why I see some orgs complain that no one applies to their post requiring 3+ years of Kubernetes or whatever esoteric technology

That's Filthy Frank

>why are managers like this?
management is trash wherever you go, you can't be a manager and not hating your life

Whether you can quickly become proficient or not in is irrelevant. The main issue is that the employee was clearly deceived by the employer and HR.
Imagine applying to become a waiter and then finding yourself washing dishes. Can you do that too? Probably. But that's quite literally not what you signed up for.

>has oop unlike python
brainded