How on EARTH can AMD continue to lower prices?

How on EARTH can AMD continue to lower prices?

I do remember a quote from Lisa when Ryzen launched, that financial cookheads recommended that she had a significant higher MSRP. Now, a big part of Ryzens success is definitely price, but if the prices was already low, how can she just continue dropping it?

Attached: AMD_Intel_Prices_Differences_October2018.png (611x758, 32K)

She's having fun twisting the knife.

they can't continue, because they're changing process
the price goes down when you continue to use a process, and intel just decides to charge more because they're intel and intel customers buy brands not skus

They likely had decent margins from high yields on the 14 LPP process since it was already very mature, and Samsung played a big part in getting Fab8 up and running.
The 12nm process offered by Global Foundries is basically just 14 LPP with a different transistor library.

AMD ultimately needs to increase prices, their revenue isn't where it needs to be, but slashing prices nice is helping to win mind and market share before Zen2 parts launch.

yes, but isn't that over several years before there's a significant change? 12nm isn't really that old.

I thought that it took a year to a few for it to really matter with the efficiency of the process, so that's why we have chipsets and stuff on a few generations older lithography.

To think that my brother still wanna buy a fucking i5...

Attached: Capture.png (733x726, 106K)

And adding some mineral-disinfecting agent too!

Attached: salt.gif (220x216, 312K)

Profits aren't everything, AMD needs to push their market share.
Higher market share = more users requesting optimization = better software support = higher product value = more attractive product = higher brand value = rising profits in the future

Attached: 1D701EADF73A441B92AA2482893702D2.jpg (640x838, 27K)

They are buying marketshare.

Essentially this. Hope it doesn't backfire like the $5 footlong with subway though given these sick 12nm glofo yields they could probably sell the 2600 without the cooler for $100 and still make okay profit.

What happened to Subway in the colonies? Haven't heard about that.

>low value is better then high value
Retard who made this graph

yes goy more money = better

Basically their spokesperson turned out to be a huge fucking pedophile, $5 was killing their profits, and people started to notice the ingredients weren't so fresh anymore (ie week old lettuce). Only solution is to start closing stores everywhere and try new ways to shill disgusting sandwiches to the public. So far it hasn't gone well for them.

woaw, that's a handful, you might say a handful of a foot-long sandwich. Okay that was lame, but i really thought they where still expanding, they're still going strong in Germany it seems, however, in Denmark they never got a market share. You think a week old lettuce is bad over there, the Danes invented the Organic idea, the lettuce better not be 15 minutes old, if you are selling anything else than big macs.

It says value, not price stupid

Attached: 1494473008452.png (817x891, 32K)

Jared being a pedophile didn't stop anyone from going there. And like Quizno's back in the day, people are willing to spend more for a good quality sandwich. It's the poor ingredient quality that is getting them. The same thing put Quizno's out of business. They try to increase profits by Jewing out on ingredients, and suddenly nobody wants to eat their disugsting sandwiches anymore. Its been downhill ever since they stopped cutting the bread in a V-shape because it took more effort to train.

It's price per performance, you dumbshit.

it's usualy a price per frames or similiar hence the 'lower the better'

No it literally says value right there

The $5 thing was really eating into the fast food market share but when it turned out the spokesperson was a pedophile everyone turned sour really fast especially when so many ads sought to give "healthier" fast food choices to little shits. Onions meat and week old lettuce was the final nail in the coffin. Unless they change their company name and start selling gyros I don't see how they could possibly recover.

In this case they spammed so many jared telling children to eat his meat that it perturbed way too many overprotective helicopter parents (ie most american parents).

>but when it turned out the spokesperson was a pedophile everyone turned sour really fast
People joked about it but literally nobody boycotted Subway over them having once employed a pedophile.

You're full of shit.

>recommended that she had a significant higher MSRP
Recommending that she have a significantly higher MSRP doesn't mean the prices are anywhere near borderline profitability.
It's quite likely that demand has been better than expected so they can easily absorb the "losses" of lowering the prices to boost sales even more.

I wish I was but rise of "blame the system and not the child" parenting has in large part been what made subway unnapealing to many parents. They probably didn't even know about the mystery meat and week old lettuce but they were butthurt enough to protest subway by giving them to cold shoulder.

Attached: images (2).jpg (300x168, 13K)

This was the spokesperson on subway though. If ronald mcdonald was an actual person that was used extensively in and he turned out to be a kiddie diddler then people would also stop eating at mcdonalds.

There is zero supporting evidence of what you're saying.

It's how a lot of brands have suffered heavy casualties. The food quality problems were just salt in the wounds. That's just my analysis though, you're free to believe whatever you want. If the perception of a brand didn't matter then apple wouldn't be a trillion dollar company selling bottom of the barrel chinkshit for a huge markup.

>That's just my analysis though, you're free to believe whatever you want.
And you haven't posted any evidence of it besides your own word.

>If the perception of a brand didn't matter then apple wouldn't be a trillion dollar company selling bottom of the barrel chinkshit for a huge markup.
Not the same thing. An Apple spokesperson could execute toddlers live on TV and people would still line up to buy an iPhone.

>Not the same thing. An Apple spokesperson could execute toddlers live on TV and people would still line up to buy an iPhone.
I have a hard time believing that. Tim cocks would have destroyed apple if the majority of their target demographic didn't welcome homosexuals.

Can whatever moronic user and the tripfag arguing about fucking sandwiches go the fuck somewhere else please

Attached: 1454112472053.gif (640x360, 1.23M)

>"According toa recent study by Localytics, 70 percent of the most active iPhone states vote Democrat, while 70 percent of the most active Android phone states vote Republican"

It's not at all a coincidence apple put a homosexual in charge, they knew what they were doing.

AMD starts off by releasing products at a high price, and then gradually reduces the price of that product before/while a new variant replaces it.
Average it out, and they make a profit.

I was just pointing out how AMD is trying to subway this shit so they'll rake in all the monies at a later date. This thread was supposed to be in Jow Forums anyway

Jow Forums Sandwiches and their profitability.

You try fucking selling fresh footlong sandwiches for $5 a pop and make profit.

user, United Airlines beat the shit out of a passenger and their stock went up. Corporate image doesn't matter if people have limited options or whatever you offer is better than the competition.

No, and you have shit taste in anime.

I mean isn't the real money in servers?

Because AyyMD inflates the price of its subpar CPUs just like Incel inflates the prices of its good CPUs

And faggot OEMs who are gonna start slapping Athlon 200GEs in slim desktops and selling them for like $500.

lul

Attached: x265-2.jpg (600x600, 102K)

>7700k
>4790k
>7600k
>7350k
>2700k
Just use quicksync.

Or nvenc

>HW encoding

Attached: e9d.jpg (600x600, 16K)

>pretends that cpu encoding is superior
>ignores that in official testing cpu encoding had lower quality results than hardware encoding did
MFW

>Just use this thing that gives you exponentially bigger file size over constant QP

>custom parameters worse than the ultra fast preset give you bad video quality
No way dude.

MCM with small core counts (hence why each CCX is only 4 cores and unlikely to change on newer nodes) means - to a degree - AMD only actually manufactures 3 products, the top epyc sky (I forget the part name), the 2700x and whatever the fuck the top APU is called.

All other chips are binned down from these 3 products. Given some of the extreme core count reductions available in both epyc and threadripper it basically costs AMD nothing to scale up and down as needed (it also means they aren't so massively dependant on yields like monolithic designs are). The biggest expense for AMD is probably buying the silicon itself.

tl;dr zen's design is intentionally focused on being cheap to build with mitigations for the perfomance limitations it brings.

Maybe he meant monetary value lol

They're getting desperate.

Don't care if a business suffers, it's on them to change their business model to something profitable. As soon as subway no longer wanted to sell me a meatball marinara footlong for $5, I just started going back to other places. Hungry howies has large pizzas for $6, a local mom and pop sandwich place does decently sized sandwiches for $5, there's a place that sells chicken wings 20 for $6, etc.

They're out of ideas.

Attached: ayymd.png (624x578, 44K)