Elementary OS 5 Juno is Here! Literally the Patrician choice of Linux distros. Stable, easy to use...

Elementary OS 5 Juno is Here! Literally the Patrician choice of Linux distros. Stable, easy to use, and with a simple interface.

medium.com/elementaryos/elementary-os-5-juno-is-here-471dfdedc7b3

Attached: elementary.png (780x573, 329K)

how am I supposed to preview my images and videos then

Attached: 1523301981247.png (719x321, 58K)

came here to post this desu

Attached: elelmentary.png (716x481, 40K)

Don't need all these threads just for
>basedbeansOS

I'm not a toddler

I don't get the point of docks in the various desktop environments. They're design is clearly derived from OS X but without any of the functionality of the OS X dock.

Not saying its a bad distro but I don't understand why everyone gushes over the ui, it doesn't seem like anything special to me.

elementary dear sanjeep

>

Attached: 1*qbj6V9SNRmyBR4qWEYMnXQ.jpg (160x159, 11K)

Elementary os is fucking shit

Why?

YOU BETTER NOT DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE YOU CUNTS

OH NO NO NO NO

Now they'll owe ME monies for downloading the gayest fucking distro ever.
Faggy rom cookers eternally btfo'ed.

Attached: negativeburgerbucks.png (1297x619, 270K)

No matter how much you rice it, Linux will always be garbage.

Absolutely nobody who enjoys Mac OS will overlook the fuckton of design/stability/consistency issues with Linux.

And the popular Linux substitutes for Mac/Windows apps are FUCKING TRASH, especially GIMP and Libre Office. Want to turn someone off ever using Linux?: Have them sit down and try to use GIMP/Libre Office for 20 minutes then tell them that these are the best things that GNU/Linux fags have managed to make in two decades.

This distro having a dock that looks a little like the one on Mac and a few font and UI colour changes makes it as close to Mac OS as dipping a basketball in white paint makes it close to being the moon. A small team of autists making tiny changes to the look of a distro doesn't change the fundamental problems with Linux (and makes the largest problem, fragmentation, even worse).
And getting used to using this shit is pointless because in a few years this project either won't exist or it'll have changed significantly based on the whims of the autists developing it.

And lol at no image preview in the file explorer, Windows and Mac have had that feature forever at this point. What are they even competing with, Windows 95?

GIMP and LibreOffice still have feature parity with Photoshop and Microsoft Office. Keep in mind that many PC users, running both PC and Mac, can't afford Office and Photoshop, so this isn't just about choosing Linux as a platform. I'm willing to bet that most downloads for GIMP and LibreOffice come from Windows machines. Also, Linux is home to other free (in price) alternatives like Google Docs and OnlyOffice that are surprisingly good alternatives to MS Office and completely raise the bar for Linux software.

That being said, elementary OS is perhaps the worst implementation of the Linux desktop among popular distros. They maintain their own "ecosystem" like Apple but without any of the polish, funding, consistency of support, or upstream contributions. The ONLY distro that can compare to Windows and macOS is Ubuntu because of its strong funding model, reliability, and third-party support from Valve and others.

I haven’t met a professional photo editor who uses gimp and no one in academia uses libre office

based and redpilled

let's say I'm browsing a smb share with the provided file manager, if I drag/drop a file to a program that I know can open it, will it work all the time?

let's say I drag/drop a picture from any browser into the desktop, or a folder in the provided file manager, will it save the picture? what if I drop it onto a smb share?

>no preview
funny because this was my next point, at least they're honest in their web sight

I wouldn't mind using "non-standard" software like gimp or libreoffice if at least everything worked as you'd expect it to, instead of being a sad mockery of something already out there that you might as well use instead

Cool, thanks for shilling here and on the fediverse dickbag

I love elementary O's

Elementary OS for Elementary school children

I LOVE elementaryOS! When I am a digital nomad surfing across the coast with my passive freelance income I use elementaryOS to do business and to keep in touch with friends.

Attached: zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg (838x696, 38K)

is this just ubuntu

Elementary os a shit.

Attached: 32 - QvMcnDu.jpg (2000x1125, 500K)

>without any of the functionality of the OS X dock
It's just like OSX dock and equally as shit.
Elementary is just Ubuntu + thet feeling of Apple superiority.

>no desktop icons
>useless gnome top bar
>no properly aligned icon grid in file explorer
>can't even change the system font
>no hidpi scaling outside 2x
>looks like just a gnome reskin with a few extensions

Attached: disgust.gif (480x480, 2.56M)

>the "Patrician" choice of Linux distros

Attached: 2ka46c.jpg (450x337, 44K)

How is a shitty mac OS theme an "OS"? Because it seems like "ementary OS" is just ubuntu with gnome theme. Why not just use ubuntu? Why use some bloated derivative and have to rely on some random guys online to update packages for you?

Additionally, the mac OS theme is terrible. The disjointed and often useless top menu bar, the obtrusive and space wasting dock, the oversized icons and gaudy, excessive animations, inconsistent design. Its horrible.

So they took ubunu, and bundled it with one of the worth UIs in the world, and added dependency on a couple rent seeking developers to package updates for you. Is it really a new OS? Sounds like its just a bastardized version of Ubuntu.

People don't like mac OS because the UI is actually good, they like it because they paid $1500 for a status symbol and have to convince themselves its good. If you aren't a consumerist drone you wouldn't waste your time trying to imitate a bad design like mac OS, you'd be more concerned being seen using a "free" OS which is why no one will every use elementary OS.

I have seen Libre but definitely not Gimp.

>can't afford Office and Photoshop

>Paying for software

Attached: 1516968536696.png (547x435, 95K)

It's obvious you haven't used Elementary in a long time if ever

WRONG
Why are you so butt hurt, they are more successful than you and your shitty riced out Arch install?

It's a copy of macOS.

This is just insanity, what are they teaching these zoomers these days

in other words "we're too lazy and incompetent but you're too stupid to notice."

>stable

pantheon is not gnome3, it just looks like it and has a software compatibility layer. It's actually built from scratch. You notice this inmediately because this DE is not shit.

Also these sojaboys take a lot of effort into making the whole OS solid, and it shows. I can't number the amount of linux distros I have used these years and for the life of me elementaryOS is the *ONLY* one that felt like a finished product. Sure, plenty others manage to be stable (memejaro, xubuntu) and others look cute even tho they crash every 5 minutes (anything with KDE or GNOME) but elementaryOS manages to do both.

Srsly nigga, give it a shot. You won't regret it.

>LibreOffice still have feature parity with Photoshop and Microsoft Office.
Objectively not true you stupid faggot, they literally have a wiki page that goes over what features it lacks from office.

Daily reminder both founders or this OS have used Gentoo in the past.

This distro is garbage.
It serves as a clone of MacOSX for iToddlers that can at least understand that they are inferior but refuse to grow up.

Tried it in a VM last night.
Shit still can't run Emacs.
What a joke of a distro.

>lags and shutters in i5 8th gen with 8 gigs of ram
lol kys kike

I tried it, it doesn't seem privacy oriented at all and limits everything you do, has limited repositories

...or just download Zorin and be done with it.

based and redpilled

>Comes with Elementary Code
>Muh Emacs
Then use a distro with Emacs lol

yawn.. look its another macos clone, exciting!
Jow Forums
>macos sucks
also Jow Forums on every desktop thread
>look at my macos look alike desktop! its awesome!

>Copy macos
>Don't copy quicklook, one of the few things that makes macos good
Meme tier distro made by nigger cattle for nigger cattle. Don't use this if you're white

Attached: 1451005885486.png (255x242, 107K)

It's shit, faggot.

zorin is a mess, and they dare trying to charge you for it. I would not give zorin to my worst enemy.

>no one in academia uses libre office
BECAUSE THEY USE LATEX

I use word. come at me.
(but I still have to use latex inside word lmao)

Install Deepin

Is it their own browser?

Is there still not a minimise button in the default window manager on it?
Other than that it was almost usable. Almost.

this is the dumbest thing i've seen a developer say
How can you honestly unironically say it's faster to open another app than use functionality in the app you're in having used any computing device ever?

>easy to use
>patrician

ARE YOU RETARDED OP ?

sage literally goes in all fields

>GIMP
Agreed, but if you actually bother to google, there are many sensible Photoshop and Lightroom replacements
>LibreOffice
Unironically better than Microsoft Word, but also shit, just use Google Docs it's miles ahead of all of them.

Also, Elementary OS is a shit distro, use Debian or Mint they work much better than Windows or Mac OS

No, that browser is Seamonkey. elementary ships with Epiphany. It is their own website, however.

Attached: Emperor Lelouch.jpg (2000x2000, 2.51M)

I spent more time than is healthy making this.

Attached: Elementary-GOS.png (780x573, 365K)

I appreciate your work. Thank you, user.

nice

Attached: jonathan joestar 5.png (717x688, 926K)

missing the ring, dumbfuck

Elementary OS has always been a piece of shit.

This looks like shit. Macshit. Docks are beyond retarded, a taskbar always gives you more information than faggy bouncy icons.

>Stable, easy to use, and with a simple interface.
Patricians have distinguished themselves by being wedded to suffering.
No patrician would use anything that was "stable". It has to be a nightly.
Ease of use is an insult to a patrician's sense of being elite. If anybody can use it where's the glory?
What possible interface is simpler than the industry standard CLI?

Thumbnail looks like Jabba the Hut with a streak of blue fingerpaint.