Xfce?

name one benefit to using xfce over any standalone wm (the mascot doesn't count as a selling point)

Attached: Xfce_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 331K)

not having to manually set up a million different little things. most of which you won't even think of till you go to do something and it doesn't work right

Fully customizable, everything is modular, stable, low resource yet fully featured
Theres a lot of good things about xfce. Don’t be a contrarian

the mascot is pretty cool

xfce task manager needs a network graph

Attached: LinuxTaskManager-XFCE-Task-Manager.png (640x450, 182K)

Because it looks like you?

yes

are you just bitching about it here, or have you actually bothered to submit a feature request?

you can click and drag stuff sometimes
xfwm and the panel work well together

just bitching, i don't use it so i don't care enough to submit a feature request.

Only incels use standalone WM's.

bulk rename

b-but i need muh RAM to watch anime girls

I tested fedora xfce in a vm and with a live usb environment
The super key apparently isn't binded to anything there in the DE? Pressing it doesn't open the menu or anything

Will it ever work on Wayland?

Got a pretty good mascot tbph

Because it includes nice applications like the terminal emulator and mousepad and an easy to configure panel.

>xfce
>features

Just use conky and write your own or copy from the literal thousands of examples.

Attached: Screenshot_2018-09-14_20-40-15.png (208x236, 10K)

Seriously, quit being a retard

Attached: received_2185710105002985.jpg (1080x607, 33K)

openbox+tint2?

Because you have two choices. build your UI up or build it down. It's far far better and less time consuming to build up

this is the main advantage of every de and xfce is the least shit of the "lightweight" ones.

also, super easy to replace panel and wm so you can have any autistic setup you want AND that advantage

mice is nice !

Attached: MS.png (437x301, 8K)

>easily customizable
>lightweight on resources (100mb ram in my case)

What do you use for those stats on the side? Very good idea.

What do you use for those stats on the side? Very good idea.

It's easy to use and convenient as a DE, but all of it's apps are shit and need to be replaced or fixed. Mint Xfce did a good job fixing everything wrong with Xubuntu, but it has a consistency issue since it uses some GNOME apps which don't follow system theming due to gtk differences.
Xfce is, in my opinion, the best DE.

With whiskermenu and conky is the best DE, very easy to customize and gets the work done.

>massive selling point doesn't count
yeah no, fuck you, the mouse is cute.

LXDE

/thread

can't you use both xfce and a wm? that was my plan as i love my tiled windows!

A
FUCKING
RAT

Mice are nice!

Attached: AC.png (437x301, 4K)

is comfy, lightweight, werkz and has a cute logo

Attached: Screenshot_2018-10-17_13-59-16.png (1360x705, 657K)

neat

Its a rat

I use a standalone WIndow Manager myself, and I have to say that XFCE is hands down the best Desktop Environment. It's very non intrusive and I appreciate the developers for making a real normalfag alternative to GNOME. I'd use it if I weren't already using Window Maker.
Don't be rude. People should be able to use what they want to without cockfighitng about it.

>To each their own.
Used it for years, hardly had any problems.

Attached: contemporary-facial-expression-furniture-1181553.jpg (3756x5627, 3.49M)

cinnamon doesn't have this problem

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-17 14-43-13.png (1091x608, 121K)

>3.49MB

iftop