What Linux distros do you guys use? I'm currently using Elementary OS, but I was thinking about switching to Arch

What Linux distros do you guys use? I'm currently using Elementary OS, but I was thinking about switching to Arch.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-16 22.28.43.png (1919x1079, 2.33M)

Since Ubuntu went back to Gnome, I'm back on Ubuntu.
After using and contributing to more hardcore distros for ages, its kind of nice having things just work and not having to worry about things breaking.

debian testing

Same, but found out I dislike gnome and have been using Xubuntu on desktop (for better gpu support) and Debian on laptop.

>switching to Arch
Don't. Arch is for the retarded kids who think cringe == über leet

I just heard it was very configurable.
I'm watching a video about it now.
Aaaand, I'm having second thoughts about the idea.

Attached: sweat.gif (400x225, 1.32M)

Attached: elelmentary.png (716x481, 40K)

I like XFCE too, at least for new users coming mostly from a Windows background or on low-spec machines.
Not being from a mostly windows background myself and being on a pretty high end system I prefer Gnome.

You guys are seriously retarded. Please read the archives

Debian, DD-WRT, and OpenWrt

no systemd

Attached: void_linux_logo.png (1200x989, 62K)

Someone tell me whether I should use Fedora or opensuse.

KDE Neon
I like bleeding-edge Plasma updates, and I like having those on top of a stable-as-hell base. So it works out.

I use arch on one machine and fedora on the other. I like arch more because of how customizable it is and I'm just more used to it. Once you start using it it's hard to go back. Ubuntu felt terrible when I tried to go back. If you're afraid of arch being too difficult, try installing a DE so it sort of does everything for you. Arch gets memed a lot and people say it's for autists but I think it's a genuinly good os

Minimal Ubuntu with i3

Mint XFCE

Just install void if you want a simple minimal or Gentoo if you want to customize it down to the kernel

loving CRUX atm and will settle for life

Elementary UI have so little features and settings that it causes some kind of UI claustrophobia. It's like anti-KDE. KDE is on the contrary, just overwhelms with options.

I use Devaun cuz its more stable than regular Debian
I’ve also used Trisquel in the past

Attached: image.jpg (601x625, 214K)

I’m one of those freak anons that has a preferred distro but like to bounce and try a new distro like every day and has a virtualbox full of fully installed distros on VMs he’s never touched. I like to stick with Mint 19 Tara Cinnamon, mainly just for that “it werks” reason. I get that it’s “simple and entry level” but why would you want more than that? It still has more customisability options than even most distros do like Ubuntu.

What are you anons’ thoughts on Devuan? Should I give it a shot tomorrow?

Yooooo, should I just unironically install Gentoo even if I’m just lookin to get into Linux and have never tried it before? I think I’d like a challenge.
t. Winblows user thats looking to change

you'll grow out of it soon and install windows like the rest of us, user. but, to answer your question, go ahead! enjoy it.

I am a diehard for KDE Neon these days. A lot of customization and very pretty.

Mint, every single peripheral i own works with no fucking around. My wireless tablet, wireless USB headphones, mouse and keyboard,both my monitors. It was easier than installing windows 7 to be honest

I've bounced between almost all of them, I'm sticking with Ubuntu Budgie right now.

>Yooooo, should I just unironically install Gentoo even if I’m just lookin to get into Linux and have never tried it before? I think I’d like a challenge.
>t. Winblows user thats looking to change
MO. Gentoo is a meme.

Post wallpape plz

Xubuntu with pretty much default settings. It gets shit right; low waste of screen real estate (1 panel), reasonably lightweight, nothing beats Whisker menu, and there's no GPU heavy animation eyecandy shit that I wouldn't care about anyway.

Xubuntu 18.04.1

Arch is for ricers and people who can allow themselves to compile things for hours, every week.

Sorry.

Fedora if you don't mind patching, openSUSE if you don't mind don't patching (leap).

Try it.

Nice.

Why?

This is why I like xfce. Things are simply and they, unironically, work.
Except for Libreoffice which for some reason lags a lot.

ArchLabs. As someone here said 'it's like arch without the autism"

The apsolute state of this piece of shit os

Lubuntu 18.04 on SSD in my PC
Ubuntu Server 18.04 on 4 HDD in Raid-0 in my MacPro w2,1

Install Manjaro.
It's Arch without the autism ™

Antergos
I like the bleeding edge and the aur, but not the autism

Nowadays I just use Ubuntu

>easy to install
>easy to configure
>debian based
>backed by a company
>steam support

Used to fiddle with Arch/bleeding edge distros but I got tired of fightning against the SO.

>Debian on desktop
>Arch on raspberry pi clone
Would be using arch on desktop too but my know-how ends with PC boot process. Around 10 years ago Arch used to have install system that did the whole black magic related to booting.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1539522628164.jpg (600x399, 136K)

Arch with gnome is the easiest way to go. Choose your kernel, your weird fs setups, etc with the freedom arch gives you, and not have to fiddle much with stupid things that should "just work" like audio, networking, Bluetooth (all handled by gnome)

>should I just unironically install Gentoo even if I’m just lookin to get into Linux and have never tried it before?
Yeah, it's not that hard. The handbook is very comprehensive if you want a guide.

Elementary OS is awesome. As someone who has been spoiled by the beauty of mac os, going back to anything other than elementary is torture to my eyes.

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-10-17 13.14.02.jpg (1680x1050, 178K)

openSUSE Tumbleweed. Easy setup of btrfs + snapper + LUKS is what sold it for me, also it's probably the best distro for KDE, with the Firefox patch and all

>Ubuntu with a mac-like theme
>Give us your money!!!! devs
>Good
Lol

Oh no, they have a donate button in their app center.

It's more than a theme. It's a whole "it just works" mindset that's alluring to me. I can just install elementary and be content with it out of the box. In order to be pleased with ubuntu I'd have to spend 2 days customizing it.

>Swedish
>Using FagOS clone
Imagine my lack of shock.

Ok, please red pill me on ugly uis then faggot

Just use whatever gets the job done efficiently. Instead of making your OS look pretty, spend the time making yourself look pretty for when your wife's muslim boyfriend comes over for a quickie.
Happy bull = happy wife = happy life.

>t. ugly projecting incel