/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread:

Attached: yande.re 316170 headphones seifuku yada_potato yadapot.jpg (2131x3032, 1.11M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dziLJsZWGF4
diamondboxx.com/collections/xl2-still-king-1000-watts-14-speakers-wireless-stereo
youtube.com/watch?v=FgmtwuMKawA
youtube.com/watch?v=2FTYlMGrG_8
amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3U9SJG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/product/B01JP436TS?context=search
youtu.be/-evIyrrjTTY
amazon.com/SubPac-M2X-Wearable-Physical-System/dp/B0751H8FZ1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539782709&sr=8-1&keywords=sub pack
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I wish I had a gf like that.

I wish I looked like that.

Btw. ANYONE SEEN ANY SALES ON HD 569 or HD 598 CS

god I want to smell her farts

HD650 appreciation thread - The "Do it All" headphones.

Also what songs are you guys currently blasting?

youtu.be/dziLJsZWGF4

Attached: 0020080650_2087_600x.jpg (600x600, 29K)

>The "Do it All" headphones.
more like close your eyes and pretend there aren't better headphones so you can save money

Attached: mindseye.jpg (746x2192, 150K)

Buy speakers. Unless you don't have space. In which case move out to your own place so you can get speakers.

Attached: IMG_3940.jpg (1500x1486, 141K)

I want to sniff her feet

The Aliexpress 11.11 is one month from now, I'm thinking of picking up some Fidelios X1 and SHP9500 before both of them go extinct, anything else I should look for?

Attached: 1532365841732.png (800x1122, 2.59M)

surely there is some other headphone out there other than HD600 and STAX

Not everyone can have such a flavored taste the HD650 requires from an individual, i understand completely that you enjoy bland sounding headphones. I got nothing against your skull-candys, by the way what you listening to?

Attached: 6657175.jpg (1200x800, 636K)

I want to watch you sniff her feet from a distance and pretend I'm you

Beats. They're the holy trinity of sound.

What is wrong with you retards? Who cares if your headphones can extend to 20hz, hearing bass on headphones is fucking gay and shitty, get big woofers or don't bother trying to enjoy bass.

Attached: IMG_2131.jpg (1600x900, 132K)

I don't requite the self satisfaction, attention, and validation you do by blasting loud music for all to hear. I'm very much happy with my headphones that only leak a tiny bit of music to the outside world.

I only listen to my headphones with a subwoofer in front of my face so I can really "feel" the music.

>Budget
$200
>Location
Burgerland
>Source
Bluetooth
>Type of headphone
IEM
>Open or closed
doesn’t matter, it’s an IEM
>Sound Signature
Neutral. I like bass, but prefer detailed highs and mids.
>Comfort Level
Enough to endure 10+ hour flights
>Past headphones
HD800, M50X, HE4XX, er4s, some shit sony BT iems that I picked up on a whim

My stupid phone lacks a headphone jack, which means that I need to buy into the wireless meme. What sounds the least shit in the price range?

Attached: image.jpg (500x500, 127K)

>going from a pair of HD800'S to now only having $200 for a new pair

lol

hey guys it's me iris owo. why are you guys so mean to me I didn't do anything to be bullied so much for. btw I post on SBAF and won't shut up about speakers in a headphone general. but seriously why do people bulli me? I just want to make friends

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (3840x2160, 1.14M)

Lol, i actually did that once by accident, took quite a while to realize why it was sounding so weird.

They’re Bluetooth, user. A last ditch listening device for flights and shit. Why spend more than I need to? I can obviously spend more if there’s a perceptible difference.

diamondboxx.com/collections/xl2-still-king-1000-watts-14-speakers-wireless-stereo

It's Bluetooth, don't be a poorfag. You can take it on board as carry on luggage.

So you enjoy hearing your shitty headphone bass all to yourself. Gotcha. And btw I live by myself and the only people who can hear my music is me. I suggest moving out on your own and picking up a pair of jbl powered monitors. Set them up optimally. Then come back and tell me you prefer listening on headphones. Do it. I dare you. I double dog dare you.

Attached: IMG_1419.jpg (4032x3024, 2.16M)

I use FiiO RC-BT and a pair of Tin T2 myself. Don't think the battery lasts ten hours, but I use them for about 6 hours 4 days a week.

Why have the 2018 batches of Fidelio X2's been comparably shit to it's original release?
Reading up on them initially, these honestly felt like they could be an early endgame headphone (i dont have the budget for anything over 500), but there seems to be a spike in complaints and mixed reviews from this year.

Attached: 14783455959_f5e9b22911_k.jpg (690x820, 175K)

>alibaba garbage

Looks pretty compelling for around $100 total, thanks user. I would like to know, however, how those compare with Sennheiser’s HD1 wireless, if anyone could tell me.

Are there any headphones that have bass that sounds and feels like big woofer stereo bass, and that doesn't clamp down in the head and start yo feel heavy after 60 minutes? Why do all headphones I've tried suffer this issue? Why does the sound always sound like it's coming from the middle of my head?

For the record I have tried hd600 and hd650 and hd800 on several amps, from solid state to tubes, ranging from $300-3000. Every combination suffered from one or more of my mentioned issues. The best combo I heard was hd800+DNA Stratus+topping d30. But even then I felt vocals hung in the area right in front of my forehead. And the soundstage felt weird, like it was inside my head.

Attached: IMG_1373.png (466x470, 471K)

I have not heard the HD1 wireless myself, but I can say the adapter is not one of those shitty sounding ones and the IEMs are killer for the price.

You may need to experiment with different eartips, I didn't like the stock ones so I bought some generic black silicone ones on ebay. I got like 20 of them for about a dollar, good in case you lose them.

I suppose I’ll just demo both the t2+fiio and hd1, then return the one I like the least. I have until late December, and can use them for a month before making a decision. Thanks for the suggestion, user.

Not a problem

You can just get a dongle that adds the jack bck

Then I can't charge the phone while listening. not much of a problem for music listening, but a significant one for in-flight animu/games. I do already have a dongle though.

Um get a battery bank. I don't know why you'd care about audio quality for mobile gaming.

>use a battery bank
pic related
>I don't know why you'd care about audio quality for mobile gaming
I too can't imagine why someone who's spent thousands on audio gear would care about audio quality.
>but it's a mobile game!
I emulate older games, they can have pretty damn good OSTs and sound design.

Attached: cant plug this shit in simultaneously what the fuck.png (1536x864, 35K)

Sorry but I still don't see the correlation between mobile gaming and audio quality. If you like your retro game soundtracks, why don't you just download it? Or better yet, get an iPad or similar android device. Those come with headphone jacks, and also have a much bigger screen to game on. Use your phone for music.

>I too can't imagine why someone who's spent thousands on audio gear would care about audio quality.
What audio gear do you have?

Attached: IMG_2800.jpg (4561x6631, 2.81M)

I haven't used one before, but another possible option is a pair of IEMs and an MMCX bluetooth cable. Then you always have the option of turning them back into wired IEMs.

I don't really know how this became a discussion about audio quality, I just wanted a recommendation for a 'good enough' BT IEM.
>What audio gear do you have?
For starters:
>>Past headphones
>HD800, M50X, HE4XX, er4s, some shit sony BT iems that I picked up on a whim
In addition, a set of LSR308s paired with a Dayton SUB-1200 for animu and movies on my TV, and shitloads of miscellaneous accessories for all of the above.
Know of any good ones other than the fiio rc-bt?

Attached: 49799559_p0.png (500x500, 281K)

>I don't really know how this became a discussion about audio quality

I don't know either ;-; I like all your sexy audio gear
pls be my egf

Attached: IMG_2347.png (1037x1056, 901K)

I fell for it

Attached: IMG_6443[1].jpg (750x523, 59K)

>pls be my egf
I'm a guy. I'm not gay or a qt trap either. Sorry to disappoint you, user.

Attached: 3D is always PD.jpg (1280x720, 134K)

destroyed.
which

/hpg/, I’m MANSILLA

Attached: 514C2A6A-87B7-4185-8508-F17C9132A30E.jpg (450x450, 51K)

Atticus

shanling m0 with BT LDAC

You bump into Schiit power duo at a headphone meet. What do?

Attached: 0FB29339-8140-411A-B6C2-85186CBD8C23.jpg (1200x917, 153K)

hows the hd58x with the felt mod? im pretty intrigued as it seems like a nice compromise if the bass is overpowering. also apparently reversible if i dont like it.

>What do?

Attached: 0FB29339-8140-411A-B6C2-85186CBD8C23.jpg (198x215, 21K)

Gibson starting manufacturing them since release.

>Also what songs are you guys currently blasting?
youtube.com/watch?v=FgmtwuMKawA

Sounds great on HD650!

Attached: 650.png (2000x1523, 556K)

Me on the left.
>tfw own a Jot

SAO's new opening.『LiSA - ADAMAS』
youtube.com/watch?v=2FTYlMGrG_8

Are there any IEMs that retain the same low-frequency response as the Sony MDR-XB50AP while being brighter in higher frequencies? I own the Sony IEMs and while I like their bass it produces it's sometimes a bit muddy and drowns out some of the mid-highs, but not so much that they can't be heard at all. I already have the ATH-WS1100IS but I have yet to break them in, would it be worth using IEMs instead of my cans or should I try getting used to them? I mainly listen to hip-hop and occasionally an old pop song or two.

You left the most important question unanswered: do you believe in the existence of ”plankton” in audio?

Attached: EF7739F5-C20E-4943-A5FC-96257694DE47.jpg (600x379, 43K)

>he fell for the wireless jew
good goyim

>that's why i would go for planars. tight bass.
Any in particular you'd rate that would compare to STAX?

Bluetooth earbuds? What's the best set I can get for around $20? I currently have these: amazon.com/gp/product/B01N3U9SJG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They were $20 but I already lost one of the buds which is fine because I only ever use one, that being said I'm sick of the fucking wire. What are the downsides to getting bluetooth ones?

Attached: 1527522505348.jpg (589x640, 41K)

One or both of them may be going for $100 again on Black Friday. I got 598Cs at that price 2 or 3 years ago.

camelcamelcamel.com/Sennheiser-HD-598-Cs-Headphone/product/B01JP436TS?context=search

You'd think so but in reality those are the only 2 headphones that actually exist.

Susvara

>Susvara
I'm rich but not that rich.

Try this

youtu.be/-evIyrrjTTY

Is it worth waiting for a pair with BT 5.0? Currently eyeing the WH-1000XM3, but for whatever reason they're on 4.2.

Attached: 1532781594368.png (850x450, 79K)

Yes. Because bluetooth sucks. Why are they even still selling wireless headphones that don't even have 4.2? Why do the chinese have bt 5.0 for as long as i can remember now. Like a whole year.or maybe even more. I don't even care if the increments of performance are too slow. I want that '5.0' number in my head i got the latest and greatest when it comes to simple, cheap, up-to-date technology inside a product.

So, I should skip getting them just because of the lack of BT 5.0? Lower power for a longer battery sounds nice, but I don't see many other advantages for BT headphones on 5.0 when they all got their own chips for data transfer/audio quality now.

>Budget
$131 USD (200 nzd)
>Location
New Zealand
>Source
PC.
>Type of headphone
over ear
>Open or closed
closed
>Comfort level
Will wear them whenever I'm awake so pretty comfy.
>Past headphones
None.

Does the image guides on the wiki still apply in 2018? Complete newfag to headphones. Don't want to spend a lot when I don't know if I'm interested before my first pair.

Attached: 1537457851332.jpg (1080x1516, 169K)

Beyerdynamics DT770, Takstar Pro 82 - the guide is still pretty relevant

Join the Takstar army.

Attached: 63BE1F8C-D097-45D0-9FA2-B35E5CC77041.jpg (300x230, 34K)

I need new headphones. which is better, XPT100 or TAKSTAR PRO 82?
I hear the TAKSTAR is the best buy nowadays, but googling around got me the impression that the XPT100 has slightly better sound. criteria is sound quality and comfort, I suppose

Custom One Pro Plus.

imagine being such an audiophool that you would buy some chink-ass lookin shit over a glorious 10 fold nippon receiver

Attached: ouaOFZJ.png (960x773, 77K)

You’re really excited about that receiver, aren’t you?

yes ^.^

>5

Attached: mario time.png (625x468, 316K)

autism

amazon.com/SubPac-M2X-Wearable-Physical-System/dp/B0751H8FZ1/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539782709&sr=8-1&keywords=sub pack
there's probably a reason these died
i saw a mass ping but then i started reading them and a keked lol

Of all the items in the Mushroom Kingdom, the Power Stars are the most magical and powerful. These 120 stars power Princess Toadstool's castle. One day, the Princess invites Mario over for a cake-but while he's getting there, Bowser is invading! The King of the Koopas goes into Mushroom Castle and steals most of the power stars-the others are hidden by Peach and her Toad subjects. But alas-Bowser takes enough to not only create his own strange and twisted worlds from paintings in the castle, but to imprison Peach and her Toads in the castle walls themselves! But Bowser didn't count on one mustached plumber, whose mission is to recover the stolen stars and bring their power back!

Attached: mario time.gif (461x344, 96K)

Hopefully its on amazon too. I got some gift cards i wanted to use for it. Thank /b/ro

I don't get it.

ADI-2 DAC or Schiit Gumby? Both have their fans on SBAF, but the founding fathers like Schiit more.

Attached: 741BB586-B593-4E9B-858C-4D3A260BABF2.jpg (1280x720, 155K)

Imagine not having bass management for your subwoofer.

Attached: 12829.png (1500x555, 744K)

Go farm replies elsewhere.

What are you nuts? Of course the ADI-2 DAC. It's amazing.

yes but no planckton for you

How come that Marv is so obsessed about having to buy stuff made in USA even though he’s a chinaman? Is it a desperate case of trying to fit in like a TRUE ’MURICAN?

If plankton comes from shit DACs, I don't want to hear it.

It's suspicious...

oh boy

Attached: IMG_20181017_173805.jpg (749x999, 206K)

Okay what the hell is plankton and why won't you guys shut up about it?

It's that special something you get from certain DACs and headphones. Akin to microdetail afaik...

>CDs

Attached: images.jpg (257x196, 8K)

So bullshit, okay then

I caught some prankton!

Attached: sbaf_chink.png (640x537, 538K)

Plankton is what separates the ”okay, good enough” stuff from real high-end

>cute girl wearing K712 Pro

Yea, that'll be the day.

It’s a made-up concept that SBAF throws around to justify their loyalty to Schiit’s expensive multibit dacs and EC tube amps even though they have no measurable advantages when compared to cheaper gear.

Hell, even an ugly girl would be a surprise, especially if she bought it herself.

Attached: 1qKMam7.jpg (1000x562, 145K)

SBAF NPCs on suicide watch after getting shat on for the last few threads so now all they do is spam plankton

Attached: 1539633001904.jpg (680x698, 88K)