How do i stop googling my issues and become a real programmer?

How do i stop googling my issues and become a real programmer?

Attached: googlin.jpg (453x312, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7Hlb8YX2-W8?t=176
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

learn math, read CLRS

cut the ethernet cable

Math doesn’t help you know syntax tho. If I don’t know the syntax I need to look it up. No one can memorize every single syntax for every library or module.

Instead of googling, read documentation. You'll learn slowly.

>documentation is only available online
>worry.jpg

Real Programmers are just good googlers that can pick up new tools and integrate them very quickly.

You can easily read the C programming reference in terminal.
$ info
Universally available in bash terminals near you!
If you need help with the info pager, that's also simple:
$ man info
Hope this helps! And remember to share software, because programming and hacking is all about freedom.

great programmers are not the ones that can remember menial bullshit instantly. they are the people that know what needs to be done and can look up the bits they don't know.

if you aren't googling shit, even if its from the techs documentation then you arent trying to learn

in short, write a lot of different programs

long version, i think there are two layers of knowledge to programming.
the more basic is knowing your relevant libraries and day to day stuff.
and above and in reference to that, there is questions like 'what is a good structure for a task of type X', knowing what to use and why.
You can read any book about patterns in object oriented programming to get a feel of what the latter is, but i personally think practice is the only way to really 'get' this stuff.

Attached: 1317745922611.jpg (667x1000, 132K)

Refusing to google is pretty retarded, even geohot fucking googles stuff and uses libraries instead of reinventing the wheel for every little thing: youtu.be/7Hlb8YX2-W8?t=176

This

Real programmers google their issues user. How do you think they code? You expect them to memorize the entire libraries, their arguments etc? Programming is all about autocompletion and stackoverflow now. Programming requires nearly zero knowledge aside maybe some syntax. A good programmer is someone who designs well and thinks logically and efficiently, nobody cares about your minimal vim+alpine linux setup

How can you take that geohot dude seriously? He uses applel crap.

Never

That's how you do it. It's the retards who only go to school and think they will know everything from it that are "not real".

print it out an hole punch it :)

/this/
Sounds like you ARE a real boy after all!

>How do i stop googling my issues
go to a med instead

/thread

Learn to use documentation, not Stack Overflow.
>man -s3 printf

if you are in the UK add "are you the right class"

use the docs u retard

There's a large difference between being able to use a tool and being able to build a tool

that geohot stream is really motivational desu. he starts off with "we're going to make a toy SLAM implementation in python" and 5 minutes in he's bitching about python, 5 hours later he's just managed to get a bunch of libraries to work and managed to get a window to open to display his points. he knows what he's doing but you can tell that he isn't perfect, it's nice.

you are not a real programmer unless you search your issues in duckduckgo

Irrelevant to my comment. You learn to build a too through experience and other people's advices. Let's say you wanna build a wooden chair. You can buy a chair building book and read it cover to cover or you can also watch your local chair maker building chairs and learning from him. Both will know how to build chairs but the book guy will spend x2 more time learning how to build a chair, he will also build 100% top quality chairs first try while the other guy will be able to build his first chair really fast but will have to build several chairs to perfect his technique

>How do i stop googling my issues and become a real programmer?
use yandex or bing

This user is right.
Usually it depends on what you want to know.

For instance say you want to know how to write a device driver, you'd probably be best advised if you take a book about driver programming and read it because it's much more concise than some stackoverflow posts or a blog post.

However if you want to know a specific argument for a specific syscall you forgot you use a search engine to find your answer instead of fumbling with books trying to find the right page.

/thread

I literally tell everyone this. People are always asking "what languages do you know" and I can always say like 20, but in actuality I only really know like 3 pretty well top to bottom. Regardless, I'm still usually better than the dumbshits who know "x" language "fluently" , because it's always the same excuse. "oh I need to learn this library/module" when they just need to shut up and piece together what is needed and move on.