No code comments

>no code comments
>no code tests
>deploy to production
Deal with it boomers!

Attached: 1534536292535.gif (478x350, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-WNRNdR5G9I
youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWgAMYcqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

But zoomers need comments, test driven development and scrum. Boomers just deploy that shit.

None of those are done because it’s all copied and pasted and they have no clue what 80% of it does. It just works :>)

git push -f

Attached: 1539053306434.gif (1088x838, 2.1M)

Attached: 8F2E4171-87E6-4AB1-9D35-0DBF245355BC.jpg (1024x5123, 461K)

What's this from?

watch the video

What video??

Deez nuts gavahahaha

>scrolling through some of the backend code for one of our core systems
>written in c in the early 00's by one guy
>neat code, fairly easy to understand
>seems well-written overall
>fairly normal comments
>kind of short and lacking in detail but eh
>see ten lines in a row of the same comment
>/* DO NOT MODIFY THE CODE BELOW */
>x10
>scroll further
>10,000 lines of indescribable satanic black magic
>the likes of which induce instinctive fear into the minds of mortals
>scroll through the unfathomable arcane insanity of which i comprehend nothing
>10 more identical comments
>/* YOU MAY NOW MODIFY CODE AGAIN */
>x10
>the rest of the program continues in the short but simple style it had before
it will not comfort you to know that i work in avionics

God I hate today's 'fashion'.
>skinny and scrawny figure
>button up shirt, plad
>thick glasses
>hair raised
>side of head trimmed tight
>beard
Why is this look so popular among 'artisans' (code, coffee, etc)? And I find most people who fit the description usually live in a microcosm of hipster coffee shops, used record stores, craft beer bars and restaurants that serve your food in a brown paper bag. When I think about it, I get creeped out.

Guilty as charged. I'd like to do this proper but management insists on short af deadlines

>test driven development and scrum
That's millennials.

>Remote repository does not allow force pushes

Not on my servers you don't filthy dev.

Ops will have none of this.

I've encountered this before.
It leaves a dark mark on your soul

Attached: dilate.gif (157x119, 455K)

>single character and ambiguously named variables
>decades of obfuscation
Deal with it sonny jim

Attached: 1531306793092.jpg (1080x2075, 120K)

My former boss was in his 40s and had the zoomer mowhawk, drank craft beer, and always talked about his keto diet.

I couldn’t stand the fucker. You couldn’t say a single thing without him trying to one up what you just said.

Man I couldn’t sleep last night. Got like 4 hours of sleep.

Huururhdbsksndbdh I never sleep I just drink coffee I get 2 hours max!!!! Fun fact for ya I read on Facebook about sleep, dbskaorhrbdkajdbekakdhrjdka. Dhskajrhrjdkaks. Alright now. Let’s get this project knocked out.

>Boomers just deploy that shit.
no boomers use sequential deployment, crafting so much useless documentation that they probably would kill a whole forest just to print out all that crap for a simple notepad application.
Also half of that documentation is inconsistent with the other half.
And the development took ~12 months.

The bane of quality innovation in capitalism. Saddens my heart that quality work is less favored.

Please, tell me the story.

Sounds like a nightmare. All these liberal types are also self-important and egotistical. They'll tell you about the post on fb cause it's important to them, and therefore you.

He’s far right not liberal at all. Muslim jokes are his main forte.

You probably look, dress and smell much worse.

>fat
>shoulder length, unstyled hair
>beard
>shirt from 5 years ago
>elastic band shorts
>unwashed skin
>has a can of deodorant he never uses

Yeaaaah fuck off with that shit.

Attached: 1534755501578.jpg (452x697, 41K)

you caught me haha

youtube.com/watch?v=-WNRNdR5G9I

you just described me perfectly

Wrong on all counts. I know American media and education push a binary view, but if you don't look like a fag the alternative is not being a slob.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwdWgAMYcqk

>Still complains about hipsters

kek, based russkies

Attached: sdut-russias-nuclear-nightmare-flows-down-radioactive-2016apr29.jpg (2048x1536, 471K)

Fucking juggernaut.

Individuals of high intellect attempt writing code and when it doesn't work, they isolate it as a comment and write new code straight to the left of it. And when the code 100% works leave all the comments there.
Who am I, an autist to remove 300 lines of comment?

Jesus, there is such a thing as radioactive freaks

Attached: 988b33667f50dd8ac7b30705fd50be4f.png (500x499, 82K)

>Individuals of high intellect attempt writing code and when it doesn't work, they isolate it as a comment and write new code straight to the left of it. And when the code 100% works leave all the comments there.

Stupidest thing I've read today.

Not sure why people act like this is an example of good coding. Good developers write maintainable, readable code, not "black magic" that can't be touched after it's written.

>t. embedded developer

Attached: 43392895_505075896637576_8693189900763136_n.jpg (639x587, 27K)

This

I don't think anyone is saying that black magic code is good. It's unmaintainable and usually has a bunch of arcane bullshit things that could have been done simply and should be refactored down. The issue is the time required to do that is too much and companies don't like rewrites to stuff that just werks. They don't understand that clean code means faster and easier development, they just assume that we can keep building it up and up forever. Code being abstracted away means that whatever NPCs you have asking for requirements and owning products are disconnected from the codebase and have no idea how difficult stuff is.
Everyone writes some shit code every now and then, usually with intentions to clean it up, but that doesn't always happen and you start getting demon rituals and impossible to decipher code that even the original author probably doesn't remember.

If your code needs comments to be understood, it's shit.

this but unironically

If you don't comment your code you can't flex how big your d is for figuring out clever solutions.

t. brainlet

>after years of taking a dick up the ass user has gotten used to it
>"still complains about getting fucked in the ass" he exclaims in a haughty fashion

>comments
If your code is not clean enough to not be understood without comments you're doing it wrong.

Attached: 1539648928574.gif (800x682, 332K)

seems like you're just a fag then.

If your code needs absolutely no comments, it probably has no optimisations.
Optimised code looks like devil's work most of the time

Attached: wtf_goat.jpg (550x550, 62K)

You're not wrong and I'm not even mad about it

nice