Half-autismo, here. I did prove my professor wrong accidentally. He is holding a grudge against me. What do I do now...

Half-autismo, here. I did prove my professor wrong accidentally. He is holding a grudge against me. What do I do now? In private I did apologize and explain I was asking the question just to understand him, but he kept using academic vocabulary that into normie speak translates to 'i can't research and know everything but within the scope of what I research it's fine also the words I use make it seem right' I know it's my fault because I did unmask (in front of staggering class of 5) that he knows little but also I didn't try anything wrong or to be a smartass. I'm also in a place where it's more than likely that dude got his job because of nepotism, but also I feel bad because I genuinely didn't try to argue him. I wanted to use his argument in a paper for another project so I tried to understand his ramblings hidden under sjw academic jargon.

I hate non-stem electives also B's that's academic language because i think everyone can see through it that it's just masking true meaning. >Escape key is made to internalize oppression among less skilled users type bs class.

Attached: female-student-classmates-computer-class-education-technology-school-concept-smiling-school-showing- (1300x985, 121K)

Install TempleOS

/thread

Congraturations you just wasted a little bit more of your money.

Attached: a.png (130x131, 9K)

Just stop being delusional.

>What do I do now?
You can't do anything now. Assholes like him will hate you for the rest of the year, sorry pal. If he was a decent teacher he'd aknowledge that you're right and say something like "damn you're right", maybe putting a little joke on the side or something idk

Your mistake was apologizing. You should have called him an npc instead

I picked an elective on 'computer culture'. Dude's rambling stuff like that about the escape key, or hackers from Jow Forums, suddenly he has a moment of clarity and explains his "methodology" so I asked him how to address something I have to write a pointer essay for another elective. He went all defensive that he is researching for 13 years, browses dark web and has contact with hackers, I thought he misunderstood me because I lack clarity when i try to convey too detailed stuff and asked him if he knows anything about something else and he turned all red.

Most of the time I sit quiet unless asked, I just wanted to use his opinion to write homework for another dumb elective. Thursday class will be awful, he believes it's an all out war.

What kind of a terrible university are you attending user? I have never had such an issue, and I never hold myself from pointing out the curious statements. They occasionally turn out to be wrong and then get corrected.

Are they even adults? It's a Lumpy Space Princess grade attitude you're explaining there. Hell, one of my teachers has even been a reference for my competence on a subject, probably thanks to my way of fixing a wrong information. Another professor was holding an errata list for the materials he hands out, where I pointed out like 50 items, and I'm to this date considered like a friend by him.

University should be a place where the correct information flourishes. Drop that course, diss that teacher. It's him at fault, not you, unless you swallow his bullshit and perpetuate his lumpy amerimutt ways.

this

>Half-autismo, here.
Why not all out autismo?

I did one better: I unmasked a fraud - in a conference. Just one tiny question and everyone realised he was a fraud. The temperature in the room didn't just plummet, it went all out cryogenic. I think he was retired after that one. Academia can tolerate divas but not frauds and certainly not frauds that they themselves should have been able to see through.

story

Continue to act dumb and just agree with everything he says then? If you continue to go against the grain and be a pain in his ass then what are you expecting. If you want to confront him in regards to it then try to find common ground first.

Tempting but the field is so small I risk doxxing myself.

Briefly, my field has a focus in one particular direction but everyone knows a second issue that is always implied but nobody really talks about it. And in the device "demonstrated" the fraud used a material that violated the second assumption. And everyone knew or should have known. All the pieces were there but it just happened that I was the one to put the pieces together and ask. It was one of my greatest moments as a post doc.

This also dawned on the fraud, like a ton of bricks. His expression was priceless. Everyone in the conference knew his career was over.

Unfortunately there are any such fraudsters in academia and I have a bad feeling it is on the increase too, ref. Retraction watch.

>academia can't tolerate frauds

Attached: 1538354349094.jpg (396x594, 101K)

What is your first language?

What exactly did you unmask? Full story please.
Also, assuming it's true, can't you talk about this with some other genuine professors who may help you?

if he continues to act like an ass just report him to the dean/chair and they'll take care of it. if he continues after that just do it again and drop the class

>hackers from Jow Forums
come the fuck on, he doesn't know what he's doing, doesn't he?

Not telling. English is my third or fourth language.

Thats the most beta shit ever jesus

also the only action that might actually be productive

Would work if OP is a single black lesbian mother at Berkeley. Otherwise the dean would sacrifice the student without a second thought to preserve the image of the university.

Take the easiest elective and use the time to study something useful or go for a cert, it doesnt take a fucking genius to figure this out

You are an ungrateful little shit trying to make life harder for your superiors, you had it coming.

Your professor was probably about to forget about it, but then you had to apologize like a little bitch and make him realize that he could fuck you over any time he wanted.

Own up your mistake and learn from them. You won't make it far in life with your current mindset, so either man up or quit university and start flipping burgers.

talk to dean of students; he will talk to dean of faculty

>This also dawned on the fraud, like a ton of bricks
Was he really a fraud, then? It sounds like he was just incompetent. Calling him a fraud makes it sound like he was intentionally decieving you.