Deleting Facebook

I made a Facebook account four years ago, and I've only ever used it since then for reading news and saving links for later.

I am looking for an app that does the same thing as facebook, and lets me read articles and watch videos from the pages that I want to (Al Jazeera, New Yorker, The Atlantic, Foreign Policy, etc).

I have an Android phone, but I would also like to be able to use it on my pc. Could you recommend me such an app, please?

Attached: 1514051296527.jpg (636x387, 62K)

Install gentoo

Chrome and Firefox both work pretty good.

>Al Jazeera

Attached: 1514221786633.jpg (1024x768, 344K)

Individually visiting 30 odd newsites would be a big hastle.

ITT: Jow Forums-tard tries and fails to discover RSS

this.

feedly

This. RSS, you fucking noob.

OP is retarded, but let's take the "deleting facebook" thing and roll with it.

So, what would it take to permanently destroy facebook, deleting all its services and all its code and collected data? I wish they never existed

I'm sorry, I didn't know RSS was an option. The only thing I'm aware of it is that it updates you if a particular RSS-enabled website adds new content.

How do I use it?

You would basically have to to every Jew on the planet.

>tfw facebook is totally entrenched where I live
every one of my friends and acquaintances uses facebook actively and relies on it for everything from event organization to basic communication. I honestly can't stop using Messenger if I want to stay in touch with them (and I tried). I have deleted every comment, post, like and piece of info I have ever published on facebook and only kept a profile picture but honestly that's the best I can do without becoming a social outcast.
you already got more information than you deserve

Considering most of them are gathered in only one country it shouldn't be that difficult. But I would have assumed the biggest difficulty to be even finding where FB data is physically stored and all their backups.

Yeah, it's fucking horrible. I've done mostly the same

I understand, it's just that the technology landscape changes so rpaidly that it is hard for 66 year old to keep track. I guess you can't always rely on others to spoonfeed you. I'll look into it.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. Much appreciated.

I actually deleted the account completely this february.
And while I messaged everyone my email, noone emailed me. Family still calls on phone though and my closest (countable on one hand) friends started using signal because of me.
I felt a bit isolated for the first months but now it just feels great.
I do have a fake account for 2 local groups in my city that doesnt communicate on any other platform, i just log in once a week and read their news and events...

>66
>never used RSS
I call bullshit
Grow up you fucking zoomer

>literal grandpa
ok I'll humor you. just get feedly, it's as an app, as well as a website, as well as a browser extension, put in the outlets you want and they will all sync if you use a single login. put them into categories if you want. you'll see new articles in a chronological order each time you refresh.

>I do have a fake account for 2 local groups in my city that doesnt communicate on any other platform
I mean, it seems to me that you might as well just get a real account at that point and simply not fill it out with personal info. The biggest utility of that shithole is still local groups and events and I haven't found a better way to do those yet. Especially now that Marketplace is a thing and every normie jumped on it, I just can't escape it if I want a good selection of second-hand goods or if I want to flip something myself.

>noone uses mail
>family calls on phone
>closest friends started using signal
Are you unironically me?

STOP

Telling lies, johnny?

lmao fucking underage newfag. I used facebook for 5 years then deleted it 4 years ago.

>Al Jazeera
>New Yorker
>The Atlantic
>Foreign Policy
t. NPC

Go away Satan
Here's all you need as a /g+tv+biz/tard OP

Attached: 1BCxy38_d.jpg (640x693, 60K)

RSS you fucking nigger.
Then install Gentoo.

Japanese font?

(You) for dunkey

I deleted my Facebook, reasoning that if people don't want to reach out and send a fucking text message they weren't worth talking to anyway.

noto-fonts-cjk package from arch repos

this, RSS and Gentoo

i deleted it because i aint got no friends

thats why i fucked yo bitch you fat mutha fucka (epic tupac reference( zoomers won't understand))

Attached: 1517450862390.jpg (359x399, 110K)

thx user-kun :3

Check the channel too, it's the super comfy knife guy

This. I deleted my account like 4 years ago but re-signed one year ago cause FB is the only platform in my city through which I can advertise to people I actually want to sell my services to. A few weeks ago FB deleted my ad and I realized how fucked I would be if I hadnt access. I really hope Manyverse or similar takes off.

Attached: 2x13_SawyerIsland.jpg (1260x696, 121K)

Doesnt samsung come with that flip book thingy that basically does this

>I am looking for an app that does the same thing as facebook, and lets me read articles and watch videos from the pages that I want to (Al Jazeera, New Yorker, The Atlantic, Foreign Policy, etc).
You basically described reddit. Apps exist for it as well.

prism-break.org

>marketplace
nigga why would you want to buy used shit from normies in first place? Normies are the worst when it comes to taking care of shit, If you want to buy used shit rather go to Goodwill (preferably the ones in White neighborhoods, they have the bestest shit), yard sales, craigslists, auctions, swap meets, even feebay who fucking knows there are a lot of options, guarantee you will never go back to the kikeberg platform if you're not a lazy nigger and seek other options.

based and goatpilled lvzbel

Attached: goatofdeparture.jpg (771x827, 138K)

>tfw you use facebook because "friends use it" yet you only have 2 colleagues from work and your mom on it

That dude on the right looks like he wants some next