Good books on linux embedded systems for absolute beginners?

Good books on linux embedded systems for absolute beginners?

Attached: 0_7qDk42p3IWSMzyFZ.jpg (827x1093, 163K)

Is there demand for Linux embedded systems? I would seriously love it. I am currently out of school with my CS degree but I didn't do any embedded systems.

As in demand for devs working in Linux embedded systems.

start with linux for dummies.

do i need to know the 'real' linux internals before learning embedded linux internals?

install gentoo, then Linux From Scratch

NOT a meme

I dont see why an es would need a full blown kernal. Most systems have one function.

Does any one have any examples of where this is actually used?

I am trying to find guides, articles, any mention of kernel options to tweak, no luck. I am not sure most people turn off all they can turn off, not without screwing something.

arch linux for gaming pc
multiboot arch, debian & kali for school notebook
straight

fucking archfags

There basically aren't any good books on embedded systems. There are some *decent* books you can check out by O'Reilly.
There's a big demand, but most places aren't going to let anyone without an EE/CE degree near them unless you are just exceptional.
This is a bad question. You should learn more about the linux kernal so that you understand why this is a bad question.
Smart TVs, Video Game Consoles, Networking equipment, Aircraft, Spacecraft, Cars, Smartwatches, Medical Equipment, etc.

>This is a bad question. You should learn more about the linux kernal so that you understand why this is a bad question.
holy fuck, if you know answer to my question just answer it, dont give me that bullshit

Gentoo wiki

>for absolute beginners
So you're not familiar with embedded systems in general? If you have experience in electronics try pic related.

Attached: lrg.jpg (500x617, 201K)

>MicroC(ock)

literal 13 year olds browse this forum, why do you people waste your time here

transition to a proper maker or electronics forum and leave this place behind. It's time to evolve and get your shit together

>transition to a proper maker/electronics forum
Like what?

get your self a couple of cheap adruinos with a sensor and instrument pack it's not that expensive and start playing around with it. There are lit tons of examples by default there you can have a look at, get it in with your fingers best way to learn.

however to really make use of this you really need to learn automation, my books are old and not english check any english speaking university or college that teaches that and what they are using

What's a linux embedded system

Do you even router?

>EE/CE degree to do embedded development
>Video Game Consoles, Aircraft, Spacecraft, Cars, Medical Equipment embedded
Lmao this guy is actually retarded.

what?