Need to install W10 again after two years of Linux

>reads about the super cool 1809 update
>wikipedia says it's already released
>search for a .iso
>only 1803 is available

WTF is happening at microsoft?

Attached: Windows_Homepage_Icon_OS_1920.jpg (358x201, 4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10
tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>winblows 10
fucking retard

>super cool 1809 update

Attached: 1278863586507.jpg (519x600, 76K)

>DATA DELETING BUG in the upgrade process
Forgot: that was found by insiders but was ignored because not enough upboats in the bug tracker.

Also they skipped the usual one final testing ring for whatever reason they've been very quiet about.

Attached: 1280934192723.png (349x294, 9K)

There are many reason why using windows is the preferable choice.

It is amusing though how Microsoft manages to fuck up so hard with the one thing they have a grip on.

>two years and still not knowing what your OS name is
Fail

It's fairly obvious Nutella is trying to kill windows as a whole so he can concentrate on the one thing he understands: THE CLOUD. But he can't do it just like that without angering a lot of people so he's taking the long route.

How can a company being so incompetent when they have unlimited budget?

Not the windows division. Apparently they have a total of 5 people there.

they have infinite money because the general public are its testing department.

Attached: 1539885889912.png (892x564, 65K)

because of that exact reason.

Every fucking government in the world and all sorts of huge companies and agencies have contracts with MS for Windows because there are no real alternatives for massive enterprises.
Microsoft knows they have this captive market, so they can churn out shit and nobody can leave.

>need to install windows 10
>super cool 1809 update

Attached: 1484888859000.jpg (470x600, 52K)

>satya is not a good CEO

lmfao, saw it coming

Windows can be useful for testing software

True. MS developes, consumers test.

you can install whichever version you want, it'll upgrade to the latest anyways

Yeah I ended up installing 1803
Didn't remember it was this bloated with shitty Candy Crush-like programs

Linux is a kernel.

GNU/Linux

Option 1
Windows Media Creation Tool for Build 1809
On this page: microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 (button thats says download Tool Now ) and follow the options to make a bootable USB

Option 2
Download an iso
tb.rg-adguard.net/public.php

It's not unlimited, though. (((Shareholders))) demand their ROI this quarter and the next.

I would have prefer the .iso to be from Microsoft itself

install windows 7

>try to update my shit windows tablet with 32GB of storage
>Windows takes up more than 32GB of space now
>deleted all the drivers for the touchscreen during the update
>nearly bricked the device

I just wanted the swipe keyboard honestly.

Public releases of Windows 10 are literally test releases so that they can find and fix bugs for the clients that matter. Anyone who uses Windows 10 is doing free QA testing for Microsoft.

Thats exactly what option 1 does

There is no real alternative for some, I use Solus for now but if it didnt have the software center and flatpak available I probably would never make the jump

If I had to use the terminal I would just move back to Windows 10 because every time I need something done I use the GUI not the terminal which never works for me due to numerous commands I do not know and google answers are mostly for Ubuntu

So yeah I understand why some people still love Windows 10

I know Ubuntu is friendlier but how can you trust someone who pre installs Amazon...

Linux is free and all but so is Windows if you dont mind not activating it, and yeah Windows may take a look at some of your data but they deliver a rock solid GUI experience and have the benefit of monopoly ecosystem

Solus is hit and miss but for now it gets the job done, also I may be going a bit too hard on Linux after all there are hundreds of them all trying to be more user friendly and maybe thats the problem

a) too many of them, scattered and divided should join a few main distro efforts

b)not a corporation thus way way less funding

Attached: 3bvk03nvzyh11.jpg (764x512, 60K)

>Wangblows 10
It's going to make you want to commit sudoku after using Linux. You won't even believe how bad it is.

little to no competition and jews
also why its costs $130

>also why its costs $130
it has no real competition so they can do what they want

Fuck off, Stallman.

I wasn't asking why it costs $130 I was saying that thats also why it costs $130

LMAO

alternative to 10 is 7

Install Gentoo

no

yes it is, theres nothing 7 cant do besides meme 12 that no one uses

support will end

lol

When their stock gets captured by people who have the ability to print cash on demand. Then they install an Indian CEO and suddenly the company takes on SJW causes and butchers its own product lines.

>startling lack of diversity
>bad
What the hell is wrong with these people, regardless of the fact that Microsoft is incompetent.

>Every fucking government in the world and all sorts of huge companies and agencies have contracts with MS for Windows because there are no real alternatives for massive enterprises.
Sounds like Linux devs are lazy then. No wonder MS just shits out stuff when they have no competition. Reminds me of what they did in the 90s, instead of making an API that could rival DX. They made beat up Bill Gates flash games and threw pies at him in the street.
MS just took that as an admittance of defeat and just became the MS we know today. Because their nearest competitor was just childish autstics and faggot armature programmers.

Linux is the de facto operating system for almost all servers. The only servers it makes sense to run Windows on are domain controllers to control the all the Windows clients. For servers, Linux is super stable and is ideal for development of scripts and server applications. The devs aren't lazy, there are a bunch of people employed by Red Hat and other companies who continually improve Linux on the server.

Windows has no competition in the desktop computer realm.
Linux does "work" on the desktop, but even today it still requires googling things and jamming them into the terminal. That's unacceptable for normies, and as an IT department, you want as little user intervention as possible.

Apple is the company in the best spot to start eating away at MS's monopoly, but they seem to insist on making their hardware non-repairable by anyone who's not a "Genius", and haven't developed anything rivaling AD. If they added some enterprise software features, made their hardware repairable by IT departments, and kept high build quality, they would start to demolish. OSX is better, being BSD, than Windows in many respects, and it's an IT deparment's dream to have an easy to use, all-in-one computer that they can plop on users desks and "it just werks".

Did you read? That isn't 1809. It's 1803

he's saying that there are only pooloos

Linux is the defacto operating system for WEB servers and cloud.
Internal servers mostly use Windows because AD is amazing for management. Exchange is pretty much unrivalled. MSSQL while being buggy and falling over easily is so easy to setup. Heck, Azure even runs on Linux servers, so you can’t get away from Microsoft there, especially with Azures reasonable pricing.

Try Linux Mint

In my experience, Windows servers tend to be more resource intensive and much less stable than Linux machines. This makes them popular in enterprises that are on the bigger size of medium, up to the largest organizations.
I suppose in a small business where you only have 1 or 2 guys for everything, a Windows server would be better since it would require less admin attention and downtime probably isn't a massive issue. For them hiring a Linux admin would be very expensive.

Oh shit now it makes sense when he means by, "not native to north america". Though, still, I worry that he's using diversity as an argument and a main talking point against companies that choose to primarily have one ethnicity.

LTSB or server 2016 (long term support channel) don't since they're pinned to 1607 atm

Yes, you can get server 2016 evaluation legit.

>LTSB or server 2016 (long term support channel) don't since they're pinned to 1607 atm
?

1809 LTSB is out. I'm using it right now.

It's full of poojeets and salty nutella fired the entire QA department because they kept cockblocking the poojeets.

this. on 1809 ltcb/c

its alright but delete all the services

>benefit of monopoly ecosystem
You seem to fail to realize that that's exactly why Micro$haft is slacking so damn hard. Why try when you already hold the entire deck in your hand?

And nobody will give a shit.

>rock solid GUI experience
not after W10

>all of MS upper management has replaced whites with pajeets
this is the funniest timeline

Attached: laughing_frog_meme.jpg (600x579, 108K)

Too days later we get this position in human mind that I am a black hat

Come here => master@hacker mail.com

Company market. Until Linux has a centralized authentication service out of the box that works perfectly and securely with their back bone, and until their Office suite software becomes as robust and as smooth as MS Office, Windows will always be the dominant force.

i have a laptop with an amd A8 and 8 gb of RAM,
should I install windows 8.1 or 10?

>almost all the managers are of a single ethnicity, and not native to north america
I mean, feel free to replace the entirety of your management with engines and mexicans. You'll be begging for vanilla face before your first paycheck.

And option 2, if you inspect the download links provided by the website. All the website does it add a couple of fancy drop down menus and then give you the download link according to your choices.

get the fuck out of here you retarded son of a bitch

?

>white male crying about lack of diversity only when the dominant race isn't white
You can't make this shit up

Attached: 1531342666878.png (800x949, 356K)

Install gentoo

What I am saying is that I worry if he still had the same talk against a similar team, if they were mostly composed of whites. Though the whole thing is humorous anyways and I am over thinking it.