Looking for a gaming laptop on ebay. Would Jow Forums recommend an alienware?

Looking for a gaming laptop on ebay. Would Jow Forums recommend an alienware?

Attached: 2218_Cassini_MLK_Launch_Assets_Alienware_17_MLK_570x428.png (570x428, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=f8iXkoUJ78k
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I would but I'm not a Jow Forums regular. Regulars on here are broke faggots that don't know what they're talking about.

install gentoo

I would definitely say Alienware is nice.
I have one I'm interested in selling, is ebay a nice play to do it and how much to charge?
Alienware 17 R3
i7 6700 HQ
GTX 970M
4k screen
32 GiB RAM (Ripjaws 2400 MHz, $280 new today) (upgraded from 8 GB when I bought it)
Samsung 950 Pro (upgrade, ~$325 new today)
Some Samsung SATA m.2 ssd 128 GB
No mechanical drive, and I made the SATA connection for that bay kill (just needs a new cable)

Think this rig would be worth like $500 or so? It was $1549 new plus the upgrades I put around $2k in it) Still plays most games in 1080p at 30-60 fps depending on what it is. I just have no need for a gaming laptop any more and bought a practical laptop for school and have a gaming rig (that runs Linus lol) should I need to play games.

I have a quanta which is the same ODM and if you aren't picky about the gaymer LEDs they do have great cooling which is essential

hello my fellow gaymer, would you like to play fortnite

Never. Just get a thinkpad with thnderbolt 3 and get a external gpu enclosure and use a real desktop gpu for you laptop.

I had a gaming laptop and all it did was overheat and die quickly.

laptops will always have cooling problems therefore desktop pc > laptop for gaming

here
I agree with this - I got a gaming PC AFTER I got this Alienware laptop and it doesn't overheat or anything but it just doesn't perform as well as a similarly priced PC. I paid about the same for my desktop and it runs games at 1440p at over 100 fps, many games at 144 with no problem.
It makes a quite nice "workstation" laptop though if you can get past the gaymer aesthetics which honestly aren't too bad once you turn off the LEDs

Yea .. but you still know what you have done

>gaming laptop

Jesus, what happened to this board?

/v/ and reddit took over ..

If you get one cheap enough then go for it, but even then you're still gonna be wasting your money when for the same price range you could get components for a mid-to-high range PC. See this guys example

So heres the deal. I already built a desktop PC for gaming as well. I just recently sold a couple of old mac pros to a couple coworkers who wanted a mac. It's honestly going to be a backup laptop when I go to my GF's or LAN parties. Hence why I want to find a good, used one on ebay

Attached: stock-photo-young-man-posing-don-t-know-465242453.jpg (450x308, 19K)

I recommend investing in a laptop with Thunderbolt 3 and a good mobile CPU.

Attached: mbxp.jpg (970x647, 198K)

I have a razer blade 2017 and it's a great laptop desu

>gaming laptop
scam fr retarded milenians

Attached: 10-1-Inch-notebook-Android-laptop-HDMI-Laptop-8GB-Quad-Core-Android-5-1-HDMI-Wi.jpg (1000x1000, 86K)

Racist AF no fair :(

How the fuck did I switch threads??? Fucking mobile.

>gaming laptop
>about 30ish minutes of battery life when playing games

what the fuck's the point?

Recently bought a 13r3 with the oled screen. It's great i run lumion, revit, 3ds interactive and present with it.

I play shit like tf2, civ 5, total warhammer when im out on the road with it and i would totally recommend one. Do your research and look at them in store somewhere if you need to.

Lots of good reviews out there for whichever model you are looking at:
youtube.com/watch?v=f8iXkoUJ78k