Shadow banning vs shadow disinforming?

Shadow banning (also called stealth banning, ghost banning or comment ghosting[1]) is the act of blocking or partially blocking a user or their content from an online community such that it will not be readily apparent to the user that they have been banned.

By making a user's contributions invisible or less prominent to other members of the service, the hope may be that in the absence of reactions to their comments, the problematic or otherwise out-of-favour user will become bored or frustrated and leave the site.[1][2]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_banning

Is such a thing as shadow disinformation? Using techniques to ID some users IP and then make tailor made versions of sites the person visits in which disinfo is spread?

Attached: Shadow banned.jpg (1024x750, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dsSdo3Wy1sw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i mean your youtube recommendations are basically that already
so yes

This was meant to be from the technological view Point.

I have noticed often lately when I have something on my mind and visits different forums, other posters make posts that are almost like thoughts taken out of my head. Would it be technically possible to make a Hijacked copy of e.g Jow Forums but inserts threads and posts that are only visible to some peoples IP?

>Is such a thing as shadow disinformation? Using techniques to ID some users IP and then make tailor made versions of sites the person visits in which disinfo is spread?
It isn't done by IP because these companies would be unable to account for every dentist's office and coffee shop you visit, though it is done to an extent with browser cookies and mainly through your personal accounts. If you want a completely stock experience then you'll need to sign out of everything, delete all history and cookies, and set Firefox to never remember history and never save login credentials. Get uBlock Origin to block adverts and get Cookie Auto Delete to delete cookies every few minutes. Blocking cookies outright will break a lot of sites and services. Clearing them a minute or two after they're loaded won't break the sites that require them but will accomplish basically the same end result as blocking them outright.

Spamming board links won't make all the inconvenient truths go away. Contribute something to the discussion or neck yourself, commie filth.

Attached: Adolf-Hitler-Foto-deutschlandradiokulturde_EDIIMA20150918_0444_18.jpg (643x362, 33K)

These posts/threads would be based upon my previous browsing and AI text analysis that figures out what I'm gonna read or write according to calculations based on previous behaviour.

>>Is such a thing as shadow disinformation? Using techniques to ID some users IP and then make tailor made versions of sites the person visits in which disinfo is spread?
yes that is what google and facebook do, it's their business model

While it's technologically feasible it would take a tremendous effort on the part of the sites that are trying to censor you. They'd have to target you specifically and have employees tailor stuff just for you. This simply isn't happening. There aren't enough shills on planet Earth to keep that bullshit going 24/7 just to gaslight some NEET from Jow Forums.

There's a difference between having a healthy suspicion of things and being absolutely paranoid. You're not approaching this logically. The companies are not god. They work within the same reality you live in and they have finite resources.

But more advanced disinfo that targets more individually and hijacks e.g. forums that the disinformant doesn't own.

Attached: 1539323100249.png (680x770, 276K)

Hmmm, I seem to be on to something here.

Attached: Gee_Iwonderwho.jpg (491x491, 78K)

idk about that, but it's possible, may even be plausible, idk. but i do know that you're in a bubble when you use facebook or google, any google service, including youtube. you don't get unbiased information, only what you will statistically click on based on your past searches. also mozilla puts the democratic party and blacklivesmatter in your start page

even jimmy dore from tyt is against the censorship shit. granted he has been killing it recently.

youtube.com/watch?v=dsSdo3Wy1sw

I was thinking that maybe the NSA, Mossad/ADL are testing out some new advanced bot based technology that hasn't been perfected yet.
Basically at present Beta stage it can only like semi shadow disinfo some IP for a short amount of time?

>a literal /reddit9k/ meme

As much as they'd love to have an AI that can fully censor people online they'll never have anything better than a word filter that keeps track of trends. Of course the retarded JewTube skeptics who ceaselessly shilled that Candid shit for months are responsible for training a bot that does that. That same bot or something very similar was recently deployed on YouTube for real-time censorship. People are already getting around the word filters by using alternative characters.

And let's say that all of those word filter loopholes are blocked. Then people will start referring to Jews and Blues, or Twos, or something that rhymes with the original word. The bot will literally be banning colors and numbers, and YouTube will become a barren wasteland with no comments.

AI and censorship bots/algorithms are nothing more than a small roadblock. I don't fear software.

Attached: stallman.jpg (241x209, 7K)

>Jow Forumstards of all people spam this
peak irony

Lot of NPC lefty crybabbys on Jow Forums as of late

Attached: (you).png (418x541, 113K)

Jow Forums is where people go for real political discussion after they're banned from far left circlejerks and hugboxes. Remember, you alone are responsible for Jow Forums. Censorship will only exacerbate it.

>bill gates on the phone.jpeg
>"execute operating magic marker"

Attached: cn0jxepzvpli1anhtxa3.jpg (1200x675, 29K)

>reality is...

Attached: Gather your party.jpg (756x600, 54K)

yeah double down on it.
keep the irony coming.

Good NPC, keep following your programming

Attached: Bothurt.jpg (600x1000, 96K)

This is why the safest platform for the spread of information is everyone being their own platform. The BBS guys had it right.

fpbp

Same NPC

Attached: 234tb345th356.jpg (500x449, 69K)

I wonder, if hiroyuki employs the captcha to essentially shadow ban.

He could simply increase the failure probability for people that post stuff he doesn't like.
People that need to solve more than 5 captcha to post may feel inclined to stop posting without a visible ban.
That would also explain, why I usually don't have a problem with solving the captcha, while there are people that keep complaining all the time.

Yes the hole Captcha thing is a matter that deserves it's own discussion. Can it be used to spy on us? It isn't perfect in how it interprets Pictures either and what it means in some Pictures. The whole thing with maybe a small corner of an object goes into an adjacent frame, does captcha really interpretate it right?