What scripting language does Jow Forums recommend now that Python shit the bed with the sjw bs

What scripting language does Jow Forums recommend now that Python shit the bed with the sjw bs

Attached: s-820x763.jpg (820x763, 115K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell
github.com/root-project/cling
pixielang.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

JavaScript

scripting languages attract the sjw disease. no one's safe

Lua

lua

Wait what happened?

js and lua.

PowerShell
github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

Python

"shit the bed with the sjw bs"
???

Bash

imagine being this much of a pussy

qbasic

Attached: 5791.gif (574x281, 44K)

Scheme.

Just stick with python 2.7.
It's so heavily used in science that there will be support for it past 2020.

fucking look it up. do you want OP to chew your food for you too?

fall on a sword.

Perl

Neck yourself. Python 3 is objectively better in every way, and, by recommending 2.7, you are contributing to the divide and furthering incompatiblities.

None. Dynamic typing is for retards.

This is the only correct answer.

>when all your work is rendered useless in 2020

Attached: 1478016060086.jpg (700x700, 60K)

Probably an enterprise dev.

Horrible experiences with shitty devs and dynamic languages, esp in enterprise.

Otherwise js, python, Ruby, etc are all joys compared to c#, java,c++,etc

Lily, Pike etc.
However

>implying scripting languages are necessarily dynamically typed

perl6 is the best scripting language ever created

Haxe. As a bonus, it has better design than Python.

This.

Arguable, but I definitely agree that Perl is the best of the pack, as a family of languages.

>Otherwise js, python, Ruby, etc are all joys compared to c#, java,c++,etc
You are an idiot.

Lua

Attached: 1533483155950.jpg (573x892, 113K)

>Otherwise js, python, Ruby, etc are all toys compared to c#, java,c++,etc
ftfy

BASIC

Lua and Bash.

BASIC

Attached: BBASIC2.png (668x511, 13K)

Jesus Christ user.
I don't know what happened to Python but it doesn't fucking matter. It's a good language. That's all you need to know.
Who the fuck cares about the politics behind it? It's free, that's all that matters.
You know why everyone in tech is SJW? Because you guys keep jumping ship when something SJW happens to it.
Not that it mattered anyways. Your language is run over by SJW? Great you can freely use it without paying them a dime. They are basically working for you. For free.
Same shit with Linux.
>some influential tranny writes a COC
>well better leave software written for multiple decades with million lines of code history behind

It's like burning your house down because someone threw a rock through the window.

they changed two words and 4chinz is throwing a tantrum as usual

> Array(16).join("this meme language is so broken" - 1) + " Batman!"

Airplane shat on standard naming tradition for (coc)k points.

Attached: python.png (300x235, 63K)

Just continue to use master/slave in your own code it's no big deal.
most of the changes were to interpreter/library docs afaik. You shouldn't be affected by whatever the fuck they name their foos and bars.

Lua and Scheme

>I need to autistically engage with a programming language community in order to use said language
Jesus fucking christ. I wouldn't recommend you any language because I'm pretty sure that you'll shit on the forums, make people unnecessarily uncomfortable and ultimately do something so jackass that you'll fucking summon the fucking sjw.
It's not like you're a top contributor to any language anyways

Perl.
Speeds like C
Cones with most distros ootb
In use on GNU/Linux for decades
Can do all your awk, grep, sed needs

How is Haskell for scripting?

I think most people ignore Dart and pass it off as just another javascript-tranpiler language that does the same thing as existing scripting languages. Thats actually a fair criticism to a point, Dart syntax is almost exactly like Java with Javascript high order function features added to it. But when you compare Dart to ES6, Dart is simply an easier and cleaner language to use since ES6 tries to stay backwards compatible with ES5 and so holds on to a lot of old ES5 cruft. Dart also has optional static typing the same way Typescript does. But what makes Dart better than Typescript is that it can be used as a stand alone scripting language. And thats where I think that Dart holds a lot of potential is becoming a general purpose scripting language to replace Python, Ruby and Perl as its optional class-based OO and optional static typing and Java-like syntax makes it very well suited for large scale scripting.

Another use case that Dart is not being used for yet is backend web development. There is a a framework called Angel that uses Dart in both the frontend and backend to make seamless web apps. Not many people are aware but Dart is used a lot internally for doing Google's web apps like AdWords which is their big money making interface for businesses. Dart excels in these complex and large scale kind of web apps.

And of course mention should be made of Flutter, Flutter is a crossplatform mobile framework implemented in Dart. What sets Flutter apart from other crossplatform mobile frameworks like Phonegap or Xamarin or whatever is that Flutter is very low level and reactive, its actually a superior way to program a UI than how the native Android and iOS APIs do it. Google is planning on using Dart a lot for the desktop UI of its Fuchsia OS that will replace Android.

Attached: 131226-Dart.png (583x232, 20K)

Write your own

Living in a house that somebody else penetrated with a rock is like kissing a non-virgin: it's permanently tainted. Damn right I'd burn her down.

beat me to it

Come Home white UNIXman

Attached: Perl.gif (643x326, 44K)

OP here
What is a scripting language lol!

Perl never left

Why not express your seething hatred of social justice over on where it will be better appreciated?

blow it out your dilated ass, Alex—I-I mean Alexa.

Lua

You can get C-like speeds with luajit, and the c API is a joy to work with. You can embed it in anything.

When you wanna tie shit together it's hard to beat luajit + luaposix + ffi.

Lua

>fall on a sword.
learn what the phrase even means you uncultured dingleberry
it connotes a lot more than 'kys'

>Horrible experiences with shitty devs and dynamic languages, esp in enterprise.
ugh same

dynamic shit made of inhouse scripting cancer by a guy that quit four years ago with tons of oddities and the consultants never know how to us... I fucking hate such cancer, you end up wasting all your time helping them, because those fucking idiots couldn't simply use a industry standard script language

never fucking again!

My favorite is Perl but despite Python, Ruby, and JS -still- playing catch up with it it's still losing popularity.

>speeds like C
Not true. I love Perl but its slower than Python and JS in some ways and slower than PHP7 in almost all use cases. Maybe that will change someday but its slowly becoming the slowest of the bunch.

Flutter is a mixed bag. It's very immature (0.4.0 when I started using it, and 0.6.0 when I came back) and since it's a totally different runtime many essential Dart libraries won't work with it. You then have to find an alternative, code your own, or do without.

It's not a bad framework by any means; I rather like the way components are defined compared to say, writing XML views for native Android. It's adequate for writing a basic CRUD app that has Google Maps integration or something, but essential things like charting don't have good libraries out there. I'm interested in seeing where it goes, but for my purposes it's just not ready for production use.

Dart itself is alright. It's JS-like enough for JS devs to acclimate to it easily while being "strict" enough for Java devs to feel comfortable with it. I think it's chance at displacing ES6 in client-side dev has come and gone; maybe Flutter can breathe some life into it. No idea how well it is competing with Go on the server front.

sed, awk, perl, shells and powershell

Bad. When beginner devs are talking about scripting they mean agile dev or quick and dirty prototyping. Basic shit. In Haskell damn near everything is a function. It's a good and useful style going into the future when we're optimizing performance for multiple cores.
But I/O operations break the functional paradigm. And a lot of the time when you're making scripts to automate or make certain tasks faster, you might want a lot of that. Haskell has a different set of operations for handling these tasks and they are not convenient to use. If you need a lot of I/O, it's not quick and dirty and it doesn't "just work".
Haskell is a good language and I love it but it's not the optimal choice for the purposes you or this thread is looking for.

Just use Perl.
Perl has a bad reputation for being write-only but only if you can't control your own autism. It can be as readable as Python. The one-liners are for command line.

For domains other than general server scripting, I think that Python is already inferior to several niche languages (R, Julia, Go, etc.)

MATLAB is pretty good.

What the fuck is a scripting language anyway?

>the absolute state of Jow Forums

based cs freshman

a language you dont have to compile before you run

wait a sec
c++ is a scripting language then?
github.com/root-project/cling

is autohotkey a scripting language?

Attached: 1536477864848.png (289x558, 26K)

something with s-expressions

this

So Pawn, VBA or QuakeC are not a scripting language?

Has anyone tried Pixie?
pixielang.org/

assembler or C
because of

Attached: all_gender_spectrum.png (1600x640, 725K)

>not using ROM basic on IBM
>not using gwbasic on a clone

Attached: furryous.png (260x390, 104K)

newspeak

and retards on this site seem to not understand stalinist social engineering tactics