The thing Intel bragged about so much, its solder, is not much better than a high-end thermal paste...

>The thing Intel bragged about so much, its solder, is not much better than a high-end thermal paste. It is worse than delidding and liquid metal, but we’ll encourage you to watch Der8auer for that data.
gamersnexus.net/hwreviews/3378-intel-9900k-cpu-review-solder-vs-paste-delid-gaming-benchmarks-vs-2700x/page-2

Intel literally can't even solder a heatsink correctly. Der8auer did the same testing on Ryzen and found zero difference between their solder and liquid metal.

Attached: Everything's fine.png (653x726, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_I--zROoRws
youtube.com/watch?v=lOZbK3tP7EU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

To be fair, the worse quality solder is still better than the performance drop you get with AMD

I'll stick with Intel

>Quick guys we need to get the marketing defence force rolled out

NPCs, roll out!

How does it feel to walk shit-covered roads to the work every day?

>paying $700 for low quality products
Imagine being this retarded.

DELID DIS

Attached: OH NO NO NO NO.png (1920x1080, 94K)

>84ºC delidded at 1.25V
Holy fucking housefire. What the fuck were they thinking? This thing can't be OC'd at all without throttling. There's no way you can put much more than 1.3V through that CPU without breaking 100ºC. Even if it could OC to 5.2GHz+, no way that's fucking viable long term, you'll kill the chip in under a year.
What a fucking shitshow Intel, what the fuck.

Liquid metal will always be better than solder. What a shitty thread and uninformed post.

How about you watch the vid where he delided a soldered AMD chip and got better temps with liquid metal

youtube.com/watch?v=_I--zROoRws

there is literally no point to buying the 9900k.

>How about you watch the vid where he delided a soldered AMD chip and got better temps with liquid metal
Literally fake news you fucking shill. He said in his Ryzen delidding video that there's absolutely no point in doing it because it provides no benefit to temperatures whatsoever.

youtube.com/watch?v=lOZbK3tP7EU

this is intels last chance to stay on "top" and by god are they trying hard.
Yeah nice job you created an extremely expensive furnace that just barely even beats your own last gen products,
This shit wont fly for long.

>delidding isn't enough anymore
>you actually have to grind the die down

Attached: grind dis.png (1280x720, 691K)

>This thing can't be OC'd at all without throttling
The best part is that the stock clock temps wouldn't even be considered fine for an OC. Those chips will die quickly

Remember Pentium 4? They did the exact same shit back then. After that started failing, they started bribing OEMs and smearing AMD from behind the scenes. That's the next step. That is, if it's not already happening.

Damn you shills are fast

Unless you buy AMD.
Then you don't have to do jack, but until 7nm are also limited to

>Der8auer did the same testing on Ryzen and found zero difference between their solder and liquid metal.

You can't compare that as Intel uses a different count and structure of metal layers within the chip.

But yeah, new 9xxx core series are a scorching shitfest.

To be honest, you could buy the 2700X and then buy the 7nm flagship when it launches next year for less than what the 9900K is selling for right now. Intel really shot themselves in the foot with this launch, the only thing it accomplishes is making AMD look good.

I'm already on a 1700 and I'm waiting for just that.
1700 is better in every way than my old Ivy Bridge, '3700' will be bonkers if the clockspeed rumors are true.

>It's not fair to compare them since Intel fabs theirs badly.

I'm on a 1600 myself and will probably do the same. My Asus X370-A Pro should do just fine as long as it is updated, which it probably will.
If Zen2 can OC to 4.5GHz or higher, along with the rumors of 13% IPC improvement, we're looking at AMD taking the crown from Intel in every field. Can't wait for next year.

I'd rather have the internet and utility bills payed than have an intel CPU

Attached: 1524412742834.jpg (441x437, 25K)

but moooom, it clocks to five jiggahertz

here's your (You)

>you'll kill the chip in under a year.
You just buy another one silly goym
alongside with new mobo oyvey